New Look on Celebrity Website

vtcruising

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

Well, I have access to the new site, but my 2 future reservations are STILL not showing up under my account, cannot add them.

Please encourage IT to correct this. It is time consuming and aggravating to go in a back door "anonymously" to verify that my reservations are still in place.

Yes, I have contacted CC, multiple times, via phone and email. It is a known problem.

I have the new website, logged in...no new information displayed then before, in fact less. I also had all sorts of error messages popping up when I tried different functions. No more cruise planner function under reservation. There is a separate option for shore excursions, which required a log in again but it does not work and error messages popped up. This has not even been tested by their IT department, and this is not even a beta website for users.

Apparently I'm in the group that's "testing" the new site. It's not as attractive, but it seems to be faster. I had to resign in again, so it appears that saved passwords are not kept....but I did check my booked cruises and they're all there, just where I left them.....didn't check booked shore x though, I guess I should do that now.

Prettier, but more steps to get where you want to be.

Dashboard is nice.

Please add back the ability to see cabin categories, C1, C2, C3, etc. It lists cabins by price but that is not helpful as an almost full category may cost more than a higher category.

Very much like seeing all available cabins, but not as helpful when the cabin category is missing. If you color coded it like the deck plans that would help.

Please add ships to main sort feature on find a cruise. When you pick a ship after initial sort by date and location, all other settings are lost and you have to reenter them.

If you try to back up to the initial sort results all settings are lost and have to start over.

I was asked to preview the new web design a few months ago. I'll make the same general comment I made then. Prettier doesn't make it more functional.

Just logged into my account on Celebrity. It has a new look and I now have a dashboard (I don't think I had that before). Nice look, but had a little glitch trying to go back to another reservation. :)

We also see the new look. So far, thumbs up.

I like the overall design and look.

I don't like the fact that you cannot specify a ship if looking for a certain cruise. I also could not see a way to look at or book shore excursions or dining on my existing reservation.

If some of us are testing the site, how will Celebrity get our feed back?

The new site has problems. I am able to find my reservations under my account, but there is no way (that I could find) to manage excursions or specialty dining. Celebrity... don't you want us to book these add-ons?

-daniel-

Thank you for the heads up. I went into my reservation for an upcoming cruise and when I hit manage my reservation all I can do is check in. There was no way for me to review or book excursions, dining, etc.

I just signed on and as far as I could see, there is no change at all.

Perhaps one has to book a suite or be a Zenith to see the new hopefully better site :) Of course, it's possible that they are having issues so the new site is up/down. I'll check back tomorrow.

I am one of the "lucky" ones that have the newly designed site. I was trying to look for cruises for Europe this summer and the Caribbean this winter. After spending an hour trying to get the same information it would have taken me 15 minutes to get with the previous site I have given up. This redesign is just not as user friendly.

If you do a search, get results, and then look at one of the cruises from the results list you cannot go back to the results you left to look at another cruise on your list.

There is no easy way to see the prices for different cabin types in your search results; instead, you must start a booking to get the prices. The old site had a convenient box to click that would drop down a list of all category prices. The new site does show the starting price for the lowest category cabin in your results list but it would be nice if you at least specify in your search the cabin category you are interested in and have that show in your results list.

The old site would show if there were offers associated with each cruise on your list, the new site does not.

The new site also does not show the different cabin categories (e.g. A1 vs A2), it just shows different prices for different cabins. Have they eliminated the subcategories?

In your initial search criteria you cannot specify the ship; you must wait until you get your results list and then click "refine" to designate a ship.

There is one big improvement in the new site -- it appears that all the available cabins are shown when you book instead of just three. Hooray!

Hopefully Celebrity will continue to improve the site; at least they are trying!

Thanks for letting us know. I like the look of the site and like having the choice of a list of all cabins available in a category or the deck map of empty cabins. Unfortunately, the empty cabins show up as white while unavailable ones are light grey (too close in color), so it took me a while to figure out which were empty.

I often like to research by ship, as someone else mentioned. I was able to do it in 3 clicks by choosing "find cruise", then "refine", then "ships". The "refine" button was tiny and difficult to see on that background so that took time to figure out.

I was looking at the Edge Sky Suites and they weren't labeled S1, S2, S3 so that was confusing at first. I like the cabin configuration pictures for each category, but the one for the S3 was incorrect, I think, since it had a huge, rounded, aft-like balcony (and they are mid-ship). I'm sure work on the site is on-going so thought I would throw these things out there, in case you are looking for feedback here.

I like my dashboard and reservations page, but could only thing I could do with my reservations was pay in full or change my info today. Luckily, I didn't need to book or research anything related to my reservations today.

One thing I noticed today that I had not seen before. On the new website for the Go Best, the drink package is only the Classic. Has anyone else noticed this and is this the new package on the Go Best promo?

Thanks!

I have it, but so far don't like it. Tried to look at a reservation and once get into booking says (no cabins available) when I know for sure there are if I look at my other site. So for sure some quirks to figure out. Normal RCCL and Celebrity techs, think they are making better and easier, and actually just making more of a mess.

I was fine with the way the old one looked. Will get used to the new one at some point, just hope they make it easier to look at prices and such. Thank goodness I can use my other site to check pricing. I use Chrome and obviously the new site does not like it. If I go to Microsoft Edge, the old site appears. Go figure.

This is what I get when I try to check pricing

Available Staterooms No rooms found for this refinement

Edited by karena1

There seems to be different offerings under Go Best on the new website (standard drink package) versus old website (premium drink package).