Gill's thoughts on Discovery. 29,10.16

Loved it. Will that do - probably not. Excuse typing errors, having to do this on netbook as trouble with laptop and this misses letters out - a lot.

Took a while to find our way around but knowing yellow carpet in lifts and stairs were at the front and red ones at the back helped. Explored from the top down early on, and it really is superb. Sometimes there seemed to be staff shortages, but I never have a problem going to the bar and enjoyed chatting to staff there. Didn't like the abundance of ice they seemed to think everyone wants. Ie gives me migraine for some strange reason, and I had a problem mainly with cocktails, and asked for an empty glass to put excess ice in, and got it!!

We were ok for table for 2 in 47 but did get bleeper thing a lot in first week. Not a problem apart from it bleeping just when we gt a drink, so ended up with a bar rink and wine on the table a lot. Loved the food in there and Islands too. No problem.

Night time entertainment a bit iffy for us. We tended to eat around 7.30 to 8.00 and when we got out, no seats in Atrium which was lovely, and few seats in Live Bar. Think Atrium seating capacity means many cannot see show events put on in there. We ended to go to the Broadway for 9.15 when first show came out, and have a drink in there till second show started, and when that finished we couldn't get into any of the bars, so had a wander round deck 4 and turned in. Didn't really mind, but would have loved to have seen the duo that was performing, heard them a time or two passing through .

Enjoyed our sea days, but I am up early every morning and was able to get a chair for Ray and a bed for me at the front of deck 9 once I had done my mile round dek 10. Loved my erly mornings and had a laugh at some of the antics up there early on with the towels, although I suppose I was one really. Ray cannot have a bed, and I like to be near him, so it suited us, and if we were going off ship, I certainly didn't put them out and reserve them for the morning, only on sea days till we had our breakfast, or up to the time we were going to leave ship to go ashore. Never had a problem any days, and never saw bad issues with anyone. Wondered how they would have coped inside if the weather was bad during the crossing though and everyone was tryng for bar seating.

Will ge this posted as scred of losing it. If I think of anything else I will come bak with it.

Gill.

We had a cabin inside on deck 2, not pre-booked, and were fine with it. We were well looked after and comfy enough in there. Massive double bed that cases went under, double wardrobe, 2 lots of 3 drawers and drawers by the side of the bed which was against the wall on my side. Bathroom clean and tidy, good shower but didn't like the sink which had hairline cracks in it, but it was trying to get my hands under the tap that was the problem as the curve of the sink made it so difficult. Not a great problem though. Got spare coat hangers and had loads of towel animals, and a free large bar of chocolate each week as well as the pillow ones. We were near the front of the ship and slept well, no noises or other disturbances at all.

Gill

We had cabin 2025 and would happily have it again for our Jan 22 cruise, but we don't pre- book cabins. It was quiet, and not far from the front lifts for Ray, went straight to Broadway show lounge deck 4, Venue deck 5, Islands deck 9, and I went to deck 10 for my early mile walk coming out by the kids clubs, but we were adults only. Very handy cabin.

Hi Gill, really pleased you had a great time and loved the review you always make me smile with your remarks :D

We are doing the reverse trip next April (St Georges day) looking forward to it already.

RR:p

Have a great time - we dd. Our first transatlantic and it was so smooth, the sun shone and we loved it. We are quiet folk really so don't go into all the entertainment they put on. I did have a couple of goes on the crazy golf and although I have always wanted to try the wall, I am of an age now when I haven't got the bravery any more. Not mentioned is the adults only bit at the back of deck 9 which may be a haven when the kids are on board, but not a very big area, and gets claimed very early. Very comfy pods and loungers there.

Gill.

We are on the week you get on will be our 2nd week, only done the dream in carribbean before will be a different cd too in jan, apparently some changes to the entertainment happening next month

We are on deck 3 outside cabin