Good news story with a HOW TO re: Princess Platinum Insurance

remydiva

On Oct 3 we booked a Caribbean cruise that was Nov 30- Dec 10. We also booked air through EZ Air and transfers.

I also purchased the Princess Platinum Insurance for us both and being Elite we got the 'better' coverage for the 'lesser' cost I believe. I think the cost was $120 pp.

Oct 18 our young grandson was diagnosed with a rare bone disease that requires major surgery scheduled for tomorrow Dec 7. He will be in hospital for 5 days. Not only would our emotional support be needed, we were needed to take care of our granddaughter and so the trip had to be cancelled.

I phoned Princess then phoned the insurance number and got a file opened, email was sent to me while I was still on the phone with a 'package' of all the forms and information needed to file a claim.

I then phoned Princess back to officially cancel the trip (and air and transfers) and they gave me the exact dollar amounts of the refund (yes, part of the monies we had paid were immediately credited back to our credit card from Princess even though we were only 6 wks away from our cruise) and how much we would be claiming back from the insurance. The two amounts totalled what we had paid MINUS the cost of the insurance since we were USING the insurance.

There was one page of the forms that needed to be filled out by our grandson's attending physician...in this case the surgeon...and I emailed it to his office, he filled it in, they scanned it and emailed it back to me within the week.

You can either MAIL the entire package into the claim center OR scan all the pages and email them back as ONE ATTACHMENT which I did...I scanned them all, then 'inserted' the jpgs into a Word Doc adding one page after the other then saved the whole doc as a PDF to email to the claim center.

I got an autoreply that it had been received then the next day, a real 'live' reply to acknowledge receipt of the claim.

My primary focus was on my grandson and supporting the family. I was so focused on helping my daughter with preparation for the surgery and before and after care, I forgot about the insurance claim.

Today, I got an email saying our claim had been approved and a cheque would be mailed within the next two days to......and listed our home address...

All of this was done in just over two weeks! And all done by email!

It could not have been easier or quicker. So well done Princess Platinum Insurance and their insurers Aon Affinity.

i am VERY IMPRESSED.

I

Glad you had good results with the Princess Insurance. We have also had good results when we used the insurance. Other then putting together some backup paperwork we had our refund in a short amount of time. Thanks for posting.

First off let me start by saying, sorry to hear the bad new about your grandson I hope all goes well. I sent prayers to your username (don't worry God will know who you are:)). Secondly, that's awesome you got such a quick response. However I do not want to experience the quick response, I would rather go on my Christmas cruise in 14 days been waiting too long. Again good luck tomorrow on the surgery.

I'm so,sorry about your grandson's illness. I hope that his treatment goes well.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is nice to know that the travel insurance Princess sells does honor claims.

On Oct 3 we booked a Caribbean cruise that was Nov 30- Dec 10. We also booked air through EZ Air and transfers.

I also purchased the Princess Platinum Insurance for us both and being Elite we got the 'better' coverage for the 'lesser' cost I believe. I think the cost was $120 pp.

Oct 18 our young grandson was diagnosed with a rare bone disease that requires major surgery scheduled for tomorrow Dec 7. He will be in hospital for 5 days. Not only would our emotional support be needed, we were needed to take care of our granddaughter and so the trip had to be cancelled.

I phoned Princess then phoned the insurance number and got a file opened, email was sent to me while I was still on the phone with a 'package' of all the forms and information needed to file a claim.

I then phoned Princess back to officially cancel the trip (and air and transfers) and they gave me the exact dollar amounts of the refund (yes, part of the monies we had paid were immediately credited back to our credit card from Princess even though we were only 6 wks away from our cruise) and how much we would be claiming back from the insurance. The two amounts totalled what we had paid MINUS the cost of the insurance since we were USING the insurance.

There was one page of the forms that needed to be filled out by our grandson's attending physician...in this case the surgeon...and I emailed it to his office, he filled it in, they scanned it and emailed it back to me within the week.

You can either MAIL the entire package into the claim center OR scan all the pages and email them back as ONE ATTACHMENT which I did...I scanned them all, then 'inserted' the jpgs into a Word Doc adding one page after the other then saved the whole doc as a PDF to email to the claim center.

I got an autoreply that it had been received then the next day, a real 'live' reply to acknowledge receipt of the claim.

My primary focus was on my grandson and supporting the family. I was so focused on helping my daughter with preparation for the surgery and before and after care, I forgot about the insurance claim.

Today, I got an email saying our claim had been approved and a cheque would be mailed within the next two days to......and listed our home address...

All of this was done in just over two weeks! And all done by email!

It could not have been easier or quicker. So well done Princess Platinum Insurance and their insurers Aon Affinity.

i am VERY IMPRESSED.

I

So very relieved to hear this! We also bought platinum protection due to our daughter having a bone disease/condition called Osteogenesis Imperfecta. She has had several surgeries this past year and I was nervous about purchasing the platinum protection because we had a problem with insurance in the past (flight insurance) and were denied a refund because my daughters condition is pre-existing 😖 Praying that all goes well with your grandson! ❤❤❤

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I'm happy the insurance worked for you. It's one less thing to deal with when you already have your plate waaaaaaaay more than full. My wife and I wish you all the best. We have lived through a (somewhat) similar situation and it was unbelievably stressful. Nobody can know exactly how you are feeling and how this is affecting you and yours but we really do wish you the best possible outcome.