Travelling with 8 month old

Nigeldelarue

some other lines do provide baby food. Princess does so at no charge, HAL says they charge $1 fee per jar but they waived it for us on our next trip; not sure why. I'm almost certain carnival will do the same. The unfortunate thing is, at least on princess they sent out a large bowl of pureed veggies, of which our 8 month old at the time was interested in 2 bites. Needless to say we felt bad and I stomached down probably 2 cups of pureed broccoli.

Just be aware that anything they are kind enough to puree for you will be seasoned. Many moms prefer to avoid the salt in baby's diet. Baked potatoes are a good option as you can mash them with a little formula yourself.

Since you have cruise Carnival before you know the mini fridges are NOT at a food safe temperature. You can add a bowl or two of ice to bring down the temp.

Carnival will waive their rule regarding bringing water onboard for infants. I see cereal your baby's cruise dinning menu. So easy to mix. You may want to get baby accustom to cereal at room temp. When traveling with mine at that age I brought the little 4 oz jars and just discarded what wasn't eaten.

Cruising with a little one is a different cruise but you will have so many memories to last a lifetime

You can bring your own. As I'm sure you know, when the baby is hungry, the baby is hungry now. If you have to wait to find someone to puree things, you may have a meltdown on your hands. I'd bring jars or tubs of the baby's favorite foods and you could even bring a food mill to puree down stuff from your meals or the buffet. At 8 months though, many babys can handle teeny bites of table food.

This will probably be deleted again by Cruise Critic. Why does CC find it offensive if someone says they find infants in the Steakhouse wrong. It's just my opinion. We go to the Steakhouse for a quiet romantic anniversary dinner and having a screaming baby in the room. My opinion is the Steakhouse should have a minimum age. JMHO Delete away CC

This will probably be deleted again by Cruise Critic. Why does CC find it offensive if someone says they find infants in the Steakhouse wrong. It's just my opinion. We go to the Steakhouse for a quiet romantic anniversary dinner and having a screaming baby in the room. My opinion is the Steakhouse should have a minimum age. JMHO Delete away CC

I guess because your opinion doesn't line up with the PC party line on the matter. They can delete my post too as I agree with you 100%. :cool:

Where did anyone even say they were taking an infant to the steakhouse.

Of course you can post your opinion but it doesn't matter because the cruise line sets the rules. And carnival and jh have said it's a family line and they have no intention of making the steakhouse adults only. If you have a problem with it you need to select a more adult line that has adults only dining.

And you assume all kids will sit and scream. Though I have no desire to pay for food when so much is available for free I would have no issue taking my three year old to dine there. Anytime we eat out we get compliments from people on how well behaved she is. She doesn't yell or scream and she enjoys just watching people and talking with mommy and daddy. And we have a ten week old that has been to a restaurant several times and never once has he sat and screamed. He lays quietly in his carrier or sleeps. I don't know anyone that would allow their child to sit and scream and disrupt others.

Edited by BeachChik