Left over OBC refunded question

Akaicb

Hello all,

I was on the Oct 27th Regal repo cruise and because of when I booked I was able to buy OBC at a currency rate of 1.20 CAD. I bought a lot of OBC since by the time we sailed the US/CAD rate was 1.35.

We had about $300 left at the end of the cruise and I understood it would be about 4-6 weeks before I would receive a check from Princess.

The 6 weeks is not up yet, but I'm wondering if the 4-6 weeks is correct and I forgot to find out would the funds be refunded in US or CAD.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Kim

Hello all,

I was on the Oct 27th Regal repo cruise and because of when I booked I was able to buy OBC at a currency rate of 1.20 CAD. I bought a lot of OBC since by the time we sailed the US/CAD rate was 1.35.

We had about $300 left at the end of the cruise and I understood it would be about 4-6 weeks before I would receive a check from Princess.

The 6 weeks is not up yet, but I'm wondering if the 4-6 weeks is correct and I forgot to find out would the funds be refunded in US or CAD.

Thanks,

Kim

I received my check in about 4 weeks.

Hello all,

Thanks,

Kim

I got mine back in about 4 weeks.

Don't forget that the envelope including your refund check will not show as coming from Princess - it will be a window envelope that looks like it could be junk mail - forget what it was, something beginning with a "D"? Don't throw away anything without checking until you get your check!

Don't forget that the envelope including your refund check will not show as coming from Princess - it will be a window envelope that looks like it could be junk mail - forget what it was, something beginning with a "D"? Don't throw away anything without checking until you get your check!

Bottomline Technologies.

We cruised March 2016. I waited the suggested 8 weeks then called.

Many calls later I was told our cheque was flaggged for issue then flagged to stop.

A couple weeks later they mailed the cheque.

It was in $US. We deposited it into our USD account at Scotiabank with no problems at all.

They could see our onboard folio and knew what we were owed.

They didn't dispute that we were owed, and they couldn't really explain why there was such a delay. I think someone just goofed.

Thank-you everyone.

Since the holidays are coming up I will wait for 8 weeks to pass and then contact them if it has not appeared.

I also appreciate the notice to look for the plain envelope, I had heard that one before and made sure my husband who normally picks up the mail does not throw anything out without checking all envelopes first. :o

I was hoping it would not be US funds, but since I work for a bank hopefully it will not be too hard to cash/deposit.

For the first time in 57 cruises, we too are getting back $400.00 in unused credits.

We had a sip and sail package for both of us, so there wasn't a bar tab. Our TA paid our gratuities and bought us dinner at a specialty restaurant.

Princess cancelled one of our shore excursions and then gave us $240.00 in shipboard credits for the loss of being able to use our balcony while in the Panama Canal locks.

We ended up spending $560.00 of our $960.00 credits while on board the Island Princess, and that left us with a nice refund for our next cruise. :D

Hello all,

Thanks,

Kim

It took 11 weeks for my wife's refundable credit to get sent back to her and it's been 13 weeks now and I've still not received mine. Both were veteran's OBC and after inquiring 3 weeks ago I was told that mine was taking longer because it was only about $10. Not sure why that matters, but it does, at least this time. Usually, if we have any refundable credit it only takes about 4-6 weeks, but not this time. Why? Darned if I know. :confused:

If you still haven't received your refund, send an email to customerrelations@princess.com and tell them your name, stateroom, booking number and voyage number and they'll get back to you.

Tom

It took 11 weeks for my wife's refundable credit to get sent back to her and it's been 13 weeks now and I've still not received mine. Both were veteran's OBC and after inquiring 3 weeks ago I was told that mine was taking longer because it was only about $10. Not sure why that matters, but it does, at least this time. Usually, if we have any refundable credit it only takes about 4-6 weeks, but not this time. Why? Darned if I know. :confused:

If you still haven't received your refund, send an email to customerrelations@princess.com and tell them your name, stateroom, booking number and voyage number and they'll get back to you.

Tom

I found out if you have veterans OBC left under $25.00, you can go to Passenger service desk and get the amount paid to you in cash. I have done this twice on cruises. Anything over $25.00, you will have to wait for a check to arrive at your house. Hope this helps in the future if you have OBC under this amount. :)

Tom

Thanks Tom. Having the email address and the info they will need helps should the check not arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Akaicb

Princess cancelled one of our shore excursions and then gave us $240.00 in shipboard credits for the loss of being able to use our balcony while in the Panama Canal locks.

A little off topic, but why were you unable to use your balcony while in the locks? I've racked my brain, and I've come up blank! I imagine you were so disappointed. 🙁

I am just off the Island Princess Ocean to Ocean trip. We refused the rear balcony suites and cabins because they must be blocked off while in the canal due to the risk of a cable coming loose while in the locks.

Take a look at the rear view of the Island and you will see the enclosed balcony at the rear. It is a safety issue. The Port and starboard cabins are great and you can see every thing.

A little off topic, but why were you unable to use your balcony while in the locks? I've racked my brain, and I've come up blank! I imagine you were so disappointed. 🙁

Yes, as ComputerDad said, it's because of the cables that are attached to ship. We were in cabin PR716. I could look out the sliding glass doors and see the mule train up close and personal. The conductor and I waved to each other.

I knew before we sailed that we wouldn't be able to use the balcony while in the locks, but it was only for a couple of hours. It was actually pretty interesting to see the little trains so close up.

I am Canadian and I had some money left over on my account. I read that I would get a cheque in the mail within 4-6 weeks. At the 6 week mark I gave princess a call. Yes, there was a balance on my account. She could issue a cheque that would take 4-6 weeks to receive. I thought it was automatic!

She said that she could see I had another cruise booked in February. If I wanted , instead of a cheque, she could apply it to my OB account. She bumped up the amount owing and I agreed. I see it on my account as a guest relations credit.

I am Canadian and I had some money left over on my account. I read that I would get a cheque in the mail within 4-6 weeks. At the 6 week mark I gave princess a call. Yes, there was a balance on my account. She could issue a cheque that would take 4-6 weeks to receive. I thought it was automatic!

She said that she could see I had another cruise booked in February. If I wanted , instead of a cheque, she could apply it to my OB account. She bumped up the amount owing and I agreed. I see it on my account as a guest relations credit.

Refundable or non-refundable?

Hello all,

Thanks,

Kim

Check out this thread! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2423977 Mine took 11 weeks