Carnival Changes

lyfecruiser

I don't really care how they do the muster drill as long as they don't leave us out on the open deck shoulder to shoulder in 90 degree heat for more than a few minutes.

I certainly hope this change doesn't mean they are going to make everyone wait until they round up the stragglers.

Just got off of the Sensation. They did not scan our cards as others are stating. On ours, they did make an announcement for several cabins to attend an "alternate muster drill". I assumed that was because they did not attend.

As they should. On NCL anyone who misses muster has to attend a "special" muster drill the next day! (they scan everyone's card)

???? CCL changed the scanning process from one week to the next? Makes no sense to me to scan only one card per stateroom. Then the others in the stateroom don't have to show? Hmmmm....

I think you still have to show - they only scanned one of our cards but knew there should be two people there for that cabin and she looked at my wife's S&S card to make sure she was the right person with me...There was a family with kids next to us and they looked at all of them to get a count but only scanned one of them.

considering the vast majority of staterooms are multiple occupancy that probably saves a lot scans.

Just got off of the Sensation. They did not scan our cards as others are stating. On ours, they did make an announcement for several cabins to attend an "alternate muster drill". I assumed that was because they did not attend.

That is interesting.... I wonder how they knew those specific cabins did not attend if the S&S cards were not scanned? :confused:

We are going to be on the Sunshine on 12/18. Do they still make you stand outside or with the new changes can we sit and watch the muster drill? I have an issue with my foot and it's difficult to stand for long periods of time.

I bet you could ask a ccl team member upon boarding and they will make sure they accomodate you during the drill. If its a noticable i jury they may even get you a comfy wheelchair ..

check me out on Youtube -NFHRR

I think you still have to show - they only scanned one of our cards but knew there should be two people there for that cabin and she looked at my wife's S&S card to make sure she was the right person with me...There was a family with kids next to us and they looked at all of them to get a count but only scanned one of them.

considering the vast majority of staterooms are multiple occupancy that probably saves a lot scans.

Gotcha! Makes sense.

I bet you could ask a ccl team member upon boarding and they will make sure they accomodate you during the drill. If its a noticable i jury they may even get you a comfy wheelchair ..

check me out on Youtube -NFHRR

They have an alternate area for special needs/injuries/wheelchairs/walkers/canes,etc. Just ask at Guest Services when you board.

It doesn't really add much since come the event there would be plenty of time to figure out how to put them on. There would be less time to don a life jacket in an emergency on the plane and I've never practiced that (well, except when I was aircrew in the Navy).

You're right about that. I just hope I never have to use the life jacket on a plane or a ship!

Just off the Pride on Sunday. We mustered outside with absolutely no checking of id cards. I was shoved in the back against the wall and couldn't see anything even if I wanted to because we were about 5 deep and I'm short. We were outside about 20-25 minutes which I spent trying to entertain one of my neighbors who was a little girl and she didn't like being penned in by all the people. I could see in the glass behind me which is where the people who needed to sit down were mustering.

They knew some people had missed the drill which surprised me since we didn't scan any cards or even give our names or have a roll call. I made the assumption (right or wrong) that they check all the staterooms and public areas to make sure no one skips the drill which is why we were outside so long.

Wow that's surprising last time we were on the Pride muster was in the Taj Mahal. I hope it's not outside on our Dec 18 cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don't just change Muster Stations. One of the resident experts Chengpk75 has explained it before. Here is one of the threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289160

We are going to be on the Sunshine on 12/18. Do they still make you stand outside or with the new changes can we sit and watch the muster drill? I have an issue with my foot and it's difficult to stand for long periods of time.

Gotcha! Makes sense.

They have an alternate area for special needs/injuries/wheelchairs/walkers/canes,etc. Just ask at Guest Services when you board.

I emailed the special needs department to inquire about it for my upcoming cruise because I don't typically get a handicap cabin but am special needs, can't take stairs due to muscular dystrophy. My last CCL cruise on the Freedom November 2015 they had all the elevators blocked off and forced me to do stairs to go out to the lifeboats where I had to stand which I also cannot stand for long periods. I was not a happy camper. So I asked the special needs department where I should go for muster on my next cruise and they told me to see guest services desk on embarkation. Not exactly how I want to spend my day when I get on the ship. Guest services on embarkation is a mad house even for platinum guests. Oh well. Guess that is where I need to go.

I emailed the special needs department to inquire about it for my upcoming cruise because I don't typically get a handicap cabin but am special needs, can't take stairs due to muscular dystrophy. My last CCL cruise on the Freedom November 2015 they had all the elevators blocked off and forced me to do stairs to go out to the lifeboats where I had to stand which I also cannot stand for long periods. I was not a happy camper. So I asked the special needs department where I should go for muster on my next cruise and they told me to see guest services desk on embarkation. Not exactly how I want to spend my day when I get on the ship. Guest services on embarkation is a mad house even for platinum guests. Oh well. Guess that is where I need to go.

I would speak to one of the officers that is helping passengers get to where they need to be. DW was using a cane and they directed her to an area inside near the muster where she could sit down and listen to the information. (This was on the Pride.)

My son is special needs so we always get a quiet place to go. This last cruise we were told by guest services where our location was supposed to be, but had a hard time locating it (first day confusion lol) saw another restaurant with people sitting who were in the same situation as we were and just went in there and sat down. No one took our name or checked our cards.

They don't just change Muster Stations. One of the resident experts Chengpk75 has explained it before. Here is one of the threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289160

Interesting post - but I wonder why the previous poster has muster outside while mine we were routed back to the Taj Mahal and we sat on the balcony listing to the muster talk done on the stage. I know last December I didn't stand outside for muster I would have remembered that!

During our last muster drill, we noticed the cabin stewards checking each cabin. They placed a red 'Unoccupied' card in the door slot after verifying each room. I know the stewards check rooms on all ships, but I had never seen the red cards before. This was on the Vista.

During our last muster drill, we noticed the cabin stewards checking each cabin. They placed a red 'Unoccupied' card in the door slot after verifying each room. I know the stewards check rooms on all ships, but I had never seen the red cards before. This was on the Vista.

I have seen that too along with the emergency lighting on. Even on Celebrity. They did it one day also when we were in port and the crew were having a drill. My sister's girlfriend was nervous about cruising anyway and I was going to put my lifejacket on and bang on her door and tell her the ship was sinking while pointing to the emergency lights that were on. But I decided it would be in bad taste especially if it scared others who might be around. So I was a good girl and exorcised the demon thoughts out of my head. I still think it would have been epic. Aaahhhhh, we shall never know it's full potential [emoji20]

I have seen that too along with the emergency lighting on. Even on Celebrity. They did it one day also when we were in port and the crew were having a drill. My sister's girlfriend was nervous about cruising anyway and I was going to put my lifejacket on and bang on her door and tell her the ship was sinking while pointing to the emergency lights that were on. But I decided it would be in bad taste especially if it scared others who might be around. So I was a good girl and exorcised the demon thoughts out of my head. I still think it would have been epic. Aaahhhhh, we shall never know it's full potential [emoji20]

I may be a little sick and twisted but you should have!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting post - but I wonder why the previous poster has muster outside while mine we were routed back to the Taj Mahal and we sat on the balcony listing to the muster talk done on the stage. I know last December I didn't stand outside for muster I would have remembered that!

Different ships have different muster stations and procedures.