Vista 2 is Carnival Horizon

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE’S NEW 133,500-TON SHIP

TO BE NAMED CARNIVAL HORIZON

New 3,934-Passenger Vessel Scheduled to Enter Service in Spring 2018

MIAMI (July 29, 2016) – Carnival Cruise Line announced today that Carnival Horizon will be the name of its new 133,500-ton ship scheduled to be delivered in March 2018.

Currently under construction at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Marghera, Italy, Carnival Horizon will be the line’s second Vista-class ship, with the namesake vessel in the series, Carnival Vista, having entered service in May 2016.

Carnival Horizon will offer many of the hugely popular indoor and outdoor dining, bar, entertainment and activity options available on Carnival Vista including SkyRide, the IMAX Theatre, WaterWorks aqua park, Seuss at Sea program in partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises and Alchemy Bar. There will also be a number of new innovations unique to this vessel.

In addition, Carnival Horizon will offer a wide range of accommodation categories, including the popular Havana staterooms and extra-roomy Family Harbor cabins. Homeport and itinerary details for Carnival Horizon will be announced at a later date.

With Carnival Horizon’s name and layout designed to inspire guests to discover extraordinary views, new perspectives and amazing experiences, Carnival is hosting a fun social media contest on Instagram that will award a stateroom for up to four people when the ship debuts in 2018. To enter, post your favorite photo of a horizon and tag @Carnival and use the hashtag #CarnivalHorizonSweepstakes to enter to win the cruise giveaway. The contest will begin July 29, and run through July 31, at 11:59 p.m.

“The name Carnival Horizon not only reflects the ship’s unique connection with the sea with so many spectacular indoor and outdoor spaces but also the boundless array of options that guests of all ages are sure to enjoy,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “And in keeping with our reputation for bringing fun and enjoyment to our guests and fans, we’ve come up with an engaging social media contest encouraging the sharing of your favorite Horizon photos,” she added.

---------------------------------

I got this from John Healds fb

As a point of reference the Vista itineraries went on sale January 22, 2015 and the ship launched May 1, 2016. I would guess that with Horizon launching in March that maybe they will begin selling earlier like in November - December of this year.

i think shes going to Long Beach.. They have not leased sailing/ replacement for 2018 when Miracle leaves..

I really doubt they're going to put their flagship in a homeport that struggles to sell out a Spirit class ship.

Its either Florida or NY. I'm leaning towards NY because both NCL and RCI have brand new ships there.

Were booked on Vista April 2018 I'm wondering if we should keep it or switch it to horizon for the med or keep the Caribbean how were the prices for the vista in the med?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Were booked on Vista April 2018 I'm wondering if we should keep it or switch it to horizon for the med or keep the Caribbean how were the prices for the vista in the med?

We booked opening day in an 8C balcony for 4 on the 10 day June 11 sailing and after all price drops our final cost including port fees and taxes was $3796. Gratuities for the 10 days added another $480.

Edited by trvlgirlmq

I really doubt they're going to put their flagship in a homeport that struggles to sell out a Spirit class ship.

Its either Florida or NY. I'm leaning towards NY because both NCL and RCI have brand new ships there.

I agree that they won't put Vista in Long beach, but they have no issues selling out Miracle. That ship is consistently higher priced than cruises on the east coast.

The real question is will any ships be retired? Fantasy will be 28 by the time Horizon hits the seas. I don't think it will happen yet, but I could see a Spirit-class or Conquest-class ship being moved to Long Beach, San Juan, or Mobile when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They tried putting a new ship there and it did not work. I vote for Galveston.

Sent from my iPhone

The real question is will any ships be retired? Fantasy will be 28 by the time Horizon hits the seas. I don't think it will happen yet, but I could see a Spirit-class or Conquest-class ship being moved to Long Beach, San Juan, or Mobile when the time comes.

To me, it doesn't look like Carnival is ready to sell ships. The Fantasy just got the 2.0 upgrades of Guy's, The Blue Iguana and The Alchemy Bar.

Plus they are expanding ports: Mobile, and rumors of some Boston summer sailings coming up. There's room for a new ship, the question is how much "ship dancing" will occur in 2018?

I also see the Horizon on the East coast. The Sunshine is the exception, but it's in a class of it's own. Usually the newest Flagship is in Miami. The Vista will only be 2 years old. Either it goes to New York for a longer timeframe, or they do the "Galveston two-step", sending the 2nd newest ship there and moving the Breeze to Nawlin's or Port Canaveral.

And, I heard China got delayed a year. Is there still a ship going there in 2018?

So many things to ponder. LOL

We just see what happens!!!!!!!!! # 1 choice will be Long Beach because there is enough cruise business in Southern CA because other cruise lines NCL, Princess, Rc are increasing cruises here. The reason that Splendor moved because there was not enough business to poor economy. Remember if there was not enough cruise business they wouldn't bought 3rd ship to Long Beach.

Is still Splendor moving to China in 2018?

Was going to do the Vista Ta but itinerary was awful. Hopefully Horizon will offer a much better one.

Of course, I respect your opinion, especially if you have been to the ports, but many of us have not. I am on the last 2 Meds and the TA, and I'm looking forward to it. Where would you like it to go?

I would love to see the Horizon do a northern Atlantic TA like the Legend did in 2013.

To me, it doesn't look like Carnival is ready to sell ships. The Fantasy just got the 2.0 upgrades of Guy's, The Blue Iguana and The Alchemy Bar.

Plus they are expanding ports: Mobile, and rumors of some Boston summer sailings coming up. There's room for a new ship, the question is how much "ship dancing" will occur in 2018?

I also see the Horizon on the East coast. The Sunshine is the exception, but it's in a class of it's own. Usually the newest Flagship is in Miami. The Vista will only be 2 years old. Either it goes to New York for a longer timeframe, or they do the "Galveston two-step", sending the 2nd newest ship there and moving the Breeze to Nawlin's or Port Canaveral.

And, I heard China got delayed a year. Is there still a ship going there in 2018?

So many things to ponder. LOL

As of May 3, it looks like Splendor is heading to China full-time 2019. Spirit will alternate between Australia and China starting in 2018, and presumably Legend will keep alternating between Australia and Alaska. Since Splendor is currently sailing out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami, that looks to open up a spot for Horizon. The only wrinkle I could see is Vista or Horizon going to Galveston or New Orleans, which would give that port a larger ship while still allowing a larger Dream-class ship to replace Splendor in Florida. Royal Caribbean wants to move an Oasis-class ship from FLL to MIA, so Port Everglades will probably roll out the welcome mat for Carnival.

I could see Fathom eventually picking up a smaller boat from a Carnival Corporation brand, but it would probably be AIDAcara - it's a huge jump going from 600-700 pax to 1100-1200, much less anything larger, and any capacity jump will greatly alter how the line operates on the ground in Cuba or the Dominican Republic.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE’S NEW 133,500-TON SHIP

TO BE NAMED CARNIVAL HORIZON

New 3,934-Passenger Vessel Scheduled to Enter Service in Spring 2018

MIAMI (July 29, 2016) – Carnival Cruise Line announced today that Carnival Horizon will be the name of its new 133,500-ton ship scheduled to be delivered in March 2018.

Currently under construction at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Marghera, Italy, Carnival Horizon will be the line’s second Vista-class ship, with the namesake vessel in the series, Carnival Vista, having entered service in May 2016.

Carnival Horizon will offer many of the hugely popular indoor and outdoor dining, bar, entertainment and activity options available on Carnival Vista including SkyRide, the IMAX Theatre, WaterWorks aqua park, Seuss at Sea program in partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises and Alchemy Bar. There will also be a number of new innovations unique to this vessel.

In addition, Carnival Horizon will offer a wide range of accommodation categories, including the popular Havana staterooms and extra-roomy Family Harbor cabins. Homeport and itinerary details for Carnival Horizon will be announced at a later date.

With Carnival Horizon’s name and layout designed to inspire guests to discover extraordinary views, new perspectives and amazing experiences, Carnival is hosting a fun social media contest on Instagram that will award a stateroom for up to four people when the ship debuts in 2018. To enter, post your favorite photo of a horizon and tag @Carnival and use the hashtag #CarnivalHorizonSweepstakes to enter to win the cruise giveaway. The contest will begin July 29, and run through July 31, at 11:59 p.m.

“The name Carnival Horizon not only reflects the ship’s unique connection with the sea with so many spectacular indoor and outdoor spaces but also the boundless array of options that guests of all ages are sure to enjoy,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “And in keeping with our reputation for bringing fun and enjoyment to our guests and fans, we’ve come up with an engaging social media contest encouraging the sharing of your favorite Horizon photos,” she added.

---------------------------------

I got this from John Healds fb

Thanks for the info.

Of course, I respect your opinion, especially if you have been to the ports, but many of us have not. I am on the last 2 Meds and the TA, and I'm looking forward to it. Where would you like it to go?

I would love to see the Horizon do a northern Atlantic TA like the Legend did in 2013.

We are doing a TA on Princess in Sept, Copenhagen to NYC and will do five European ports before coming to the US.

As I recall the Vista will do one or perhaps two plus Bermuda.

Like the five new ports (to us) version much better. Gives us the first week to play tourist and the second week to spend on the ship.

If Vista would have done something like this we would have taken her.