Athens RT Sept 3

DupontCruiser2

Anyone else booked on the RT SD II out of Athens? This trip was originally supposed to go Athens to Istanbul, cancelled Istanbul awhile back and made it all around the Greek Isles with stop for Ephesus. Got our travel docs and now they have eliminated Ephesus and substituted Santorini and Naxos. Totally understand the reasoning for change but a little surprised that there was no comms to me or my TA, we have both been asking about this and still no response from SD. They offered some onboard credit when Istanbul was removed, wondering if they will offer any compensation for the latest change. Realize that officially they don't have to (reserve the right to change itinerary, etc., etc.) but was hoping for some sign of good will as was really looking forward to this stop.

Still love SD and counting down the days!

Surprised they did not contact you, but it is not surprising that they cancelled everything in Turkey after the the terror attack and the attempted coup. I would not want to go there anyway right now. Maybe they will do something special for you because of canceling Ephesus. There are other wonderful stops in the Greek Isles. I think you will still have another great trip on Sea Dream!

It really is a shame that so many places one must see are no longer safe to visit. We are so glad we got to Istanbul and Ephesus long ago (on Renaissance - that's how long ago it was), and wish we could go back. But I don't see that happening. On the upside, you will be on SeaDream. Several years ago we had a Caribbean cruise that lay at anchor for four days because of high seas. Still, it was a great vacation because of the ship and her crew.

Have heard that SD is negotiating with Ho-Hum to be on this cruise so you won't miss out on ancient ruins. (You know I'm kidding, H-H, don't you?)

Have heard that SD is negotiating with Ho-Hum to be on this cruise so you won't miss out on ancient ruins. (You know I'm kidding, H-H, don't you?)

Good one TZ ...... haha.

If it gets a subsidised voyage.....Hum's your man.

Now, if Ho-Hum was on the cruise, that would definitely be a fantastic added benefit!!! Much more interesting and "younger" than the ruins at Ephasus:D

Good news to end the story. SD called today, very apologetic. Their perspective, which makes total sense, is that they usually do not inform guests when an itinerary changes unless it impacts embarkation or disembarkation (since you might have to change your travel plans). At the same time, they understand that in some cases such as this, it would make sense to pro-actively reach out to guests to let them know when a "major" port has been changed/eliminated.

They ended by saying they hoped we'd have a good cruise to which I responded "Oh, I know we'll have a great cruise, no hoping needed!" All's well in the world particularly when I consider we'll be on board in less than three weeks!

Now, if Ho-Hum was on the cruise, that would definitely be a fantastic added benefit!!! Much more interesting and "younger" than the ruins at Ephasus:D

Good news to end the story. SD called today, very apologetic. Their perspective, which makes total sense, is that they usually do not inform guests when an itinerary changes unless it impacts embarkation or disembarkation (since you might have to change your travel plans). At the same time, they understand that in some cases such as this, it would make sense to pro-actively reach out to guests to let them know when a "major" port has been changed/eliminated.

They ended by saying they hoped we'd have a good cruise to which I responded "Oh, I know we'll have a great cruise, no hoping needed!" All's well in the world particularly when I consider we'll be on board in less than three weeks!

Kind words DupontCruiser2, kind words.

You don't think that SD read your pist by any chance ?

Hum would fully endorse the view that big changes are notified direct to guest via email.

Have a great voyage.

Would love to hear your opinion when you return (and anybody else's too on this voyage or any other).

Have heard that SD is negotiating with Ho-Hum to be on this cruise so you won't miss out on ancient ruins.

But be aware we are talking about an "old British fortress", not an ancient Greek temple. :D

Their perspective, which makes total sense, is that they usually do not inform guests when an itinerary changes unless it impacts embarkation or disembarkation (since you might have to change your travel plans). At the same time, they understand that in some cases such as this, it would make sense to pro-actively reach out to guests to let them know when a "major" port has been changed/eliminated.

It shouldn't be just "major" ports. People often book private tours at various ports-of-call and might guarantee them. While we don't think that is a good idea because being someplace at a given time is always iffy with SD (and other lines, as well, due to weather and water conditions), if they make a change before you sail, they should notify you when the change is made. How difficult can that be? It isn't likely we would cancel a cruise because they substituted one port for another, but I'd like to know where we are going before we get on the ship. Zimmy needs to do her due diligence in checking out restaurants ashore.

Jim, you've made my day!:D

See your English is improving Baron !

Maybe the ridiculing of Hum was the incentive you needed !

Should have stopped at "fortress"

But that Jim goes that extra step.

Admittedly it's quite a good one too.

Now off to work with you and re-calibrate those "dodgy" Volkswagen carburettors.

Just another 3 million to go !

Hahaha