E mail questionnaires

On my last 2 cruises this year I was told to expect a questionnaire via email within a couple of days of my return and have never received one, dont they bother anymore? I know there administration side is an absolute shambles, prior to going I contacted Thomson about filling in the embarkation form as a return customer as part of the address they had for me was wrong, they said they couldnt change it but it could be changed on tge ship which I thought was odd, when I did ask on the ship I knew the answer before I even asked,how can they change it, they dont have the main computers.

The more I travel with Thomson the more that I get the impression it is money driven and they really couldnt care less as the brand sells itself so will always be popular.

On my last 2 cruises this year I was told to expect a questionnaire via email within a couple of days of my return and have never received one, dont they bother anymore? I know there administration side is an absolute shambles, prior to going I contacted Thomson about filling in the embarkation form as a return customer as part of the address they had for me was wrong, they said they couldnt change it but it could be changed on tge ship which I thought was odd, when I did ask on the ship I knew the answer before I even asked,how can they change it, they dont have the main computers.

The more I travel with Thomson the more that I get the impression it is money driven and they really couldnt care less as the brand sells itself so will always be popular.

the email questionnaire is just random now not everyone gets one

On my cruise this May, I was told to expect a questionnaire via email within a couple of days of my return. Nothing.. but after about a month I was deleting stuff from my junk emails and there it was! Not sure what email address it was sent from but didn't arrive in my inbox like all other Thomson emails.

• 3 weeks later...

We just did 2 cruises. We didn't get one for the first. Still waiting to see whether we get one for the second.

Actually I found the addressing of problems the worst I have seen on any cruiseline.

I asked about a comment card one the ship0- no such thing. Complaints were ignored or you were told what the reception desk thought you wanted to hear.

I was told someone would contact me about a problem onboard but no one ever did. They never recorded it even. Other ships record it on your booking and I've even had a thank you for a comment on one cruise.

Other cruielines have ways to make comments. I would have filled one out complimenting our amazing waiters. Don't they want to know?

Staff seemed to always have an excuse instead of fixing problems.

Eg on the 3rd day of the cruise I noticed the glass doors leading from the buffet to the back deck were filthy. I put a smear on the door. 3 days later it was still there. I mentioned it to the head waiter in the buffet who fobbed me off saying it is cleaned every night. I showed him the flithy door. It was cleaned that night but then not again for the rest of the cruise. It is the only ship I have been on in my life where cleanliness was an issue. I really want to write to them about it, an will do so if I don't get the questionare. .

Looks like you did the transatlantic repo and another week when you got to Montego Bay- lucky you

Sometimes the TAs have partial new crew so maybe thats why you had a few problems- sorry about that but overall you seem to have enjoyed it

Looks like you did the transatlantic repo and another week when you got to Montego Bay- lucky you

Sometimes the TAs have partial new crew so maybe thats why you had a few problems- sorry about that but overall you seem to have enjoyed it

There were a few changes once we reached Jamaica but I'm talking people in charge (who didn't change). It was only small things (well except for the cleanliness) but what surprised me was the lack of acknowledgement and feedback. I've never had that on any cruise.

The transatlantic was fantastic, despite the small problems. The entertainment crew definitely made the cruise. We have never had a group so friendly. we got to know everyone from the dancers, singers and the Cruise Director and his staff.

I never received a questionnaire from either cruise so I will be writing an email.

We had the survey e-mail last week, 2 days after we returned home. We have had a reminder today too. According to the t’s & c’s, our holiday dates don’t allow for the automatic entry into the prize draw so I’m not inclined to complete the survey. That’s Thomson all over.

Got back from cruise on Celebration on October 9 and have been waiting for a promised excursion repayment even since. They just don't want to know anything about complaints and its hard to know who to complain to. The 28 day reply date has come and gone long ago and Thomson Cares on Twitter, allegedly a 24 hour service, just reply they cannot interfere with the customer services department. Emails to the cruise director have also gone unheeded. I read a statement recently that seemed to suggest Thomson are aiming to go upmarket which probably means lots of areas will be all inclusive and obviously a lot dearer, Good luck to them, with their current customer service people, ourselves included, will be looking elsewhere for value. They rebrand as TUI in 2017, in my book that spells only one thing , totally useless idiots.

Can't belive it - we got back from a week in La Palma on Thursday evening and 36 hours later they have sent me a survey on how I enjoyed the Holiday!

Yet they have failed to give any reason why they are unwilling to refund the cost of a missed excursion in early October despite a number of requests. They really are a bunch of TUIs

Hi dorothy09 have a look at the 'resolver' website it's very easy to do and it goes to the correct department, will not cost you anything, we had been waiting six weeks for a reply but after using that site they replied within days😉

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Thanks Pension cruiser, will give it a go

Hi dorothy09 have a look at the 'resolver' website it's very easy to do and it goes to the correct department, will not cost you anything, we had been waiting six weeks for a reply but after using that site they replied within days😉

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

What is a "resolver" website?

Its one that's been set up by Martin Lewis from his money show. It deals with any complaints I've used it a couple of times Thomson & Vodafone. You have to register but does not cost and it tracks all correspondence and let's you know when to escalate to the next level.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Had a Cruise questionnaire yesterday 10 days after returning from holiday.

Did actually fill it in, a lot of it was meaningless, think they just want to know whether it was good or bad. Does anyone ever win the £2500 carrot. Won't bother again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love the way when you get on the coach back to the airport they ask you to fill in the survey and say how wonderful they are. Half the time , particularly towards the end of the season, it's obvious how bored they are and couldn't care less

Who's bored and couldn't care less ??????

Obviously not a Thomson regular or you would know who THEY are, or are you being cynical?????? LOL

Only done 50+ with them so far so i dont suppose i could be classed as a regular yet, are you actually referring to the show team members ??? , cant say they have ever come across to me as being bored.

Yes, I know they are online these days. We used to fill them in every time both paper in earlier days and online fairly recently, adding what we considered valid comments, but that was probably futile as they never seemed to follow up any adverse remarks. We have taken many hotel trips with Thomson and so far just the one cruise - next one in the Caribbean in January - and you can bet that either on the coach back to the airport and probably from the cabin crew on the aircraft they will be asking for good marks in the online survey. Rather not hear that, good operators do not need to ask for pats on the back.

Regarding filling in forms on the plane that we did up to a few years ago, it was nothing to do with the holiday it was to sell your details to other companies, I remember telling my wife that and she said I was paranoid so for a "test" I filled in the forms with my address but daft names, one name that comes to mind was Mustafa Kebab and my wife was Olive something silly as well as other daft names over a couple of years, you guessed it, within months we got loads of junk mail from car/house insurance, magazine subscriptions, savings plans, credit cards all addressed to the daft names that I had put.

Does anyone actually win the holiday they say you can win by filling in the forms?