Grand injured

PonyPair

Just heard from the Captain that the Grand has sustained some damage to one of its tender platforms, and that we have turned around to make an assessment in daylight. We were in route from Maui to Ensenada, but am not sure where we are at the moment, because they have turned off the tv channel that shows location, speed, etc. we seem to be moving forward (in some direction) very slowly.

Anyone land side who tracks the comings and goings of ships have any info as to our location, speed, heading?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just heard from the Captain that the Grand has sustained some damage to one of its tender platforms, and that we have turned around to make an assessment in daylight. We were in route from Maui to Ensenada, but am not sure where we are at the moment, because they have turned off the tv channel that shows location, speed, etc. we seem to be moving forward (in some direction) very slowly.

Anyone land side who tracks the comings and goings of ships have any info as to our location, speed, heading?

IMG_1480784350.133536.jpg.267a2d28095eb0b637bea91678033b18.jpg

IMG_1480784339.620498.jpg.6e0d7a7c452e20bdda477ecbecdca92b.jpg

Keep us informed - very curious to have, or to just notice, damage to a tender platform while you're at sea. Were there rough seas in the last port or did a tender hit the platform? If so, why wasn't the damage noticed then? If not, how did the platform get damaged while at sea???? Will be very interesting to see how this story develops.

Thank you for the excellent information. I now more about our situation from CC than from being onboard.

Have no info on how the platform was damaged, but there is some sort of hydraulic arm that seems to be broken and hanging off the door. There is sea water going in the opening. We have been having pretty rough seas, but think they were only rated at "moderate" last night, with a wave height of approximately 8.2m.

Am using limited internet minutes. Will check in from time to time and give updates if/when we get any.

It's hard to understand how the door could have a hydraulic ram hanging off the door or jammed in the door in a manner such that sea water was getting into the ship and none of it seemed to be an issue until 500 miles out to sea... :confused:

Bizarre.

Keep us informed - very curious to have, or to just notice, damage to a tender platform while you're at sea. Were there rough seas in the last port or did a tender hit the platform? If so, why wasn't the damage noticed then? If not, how did the platform get damaged while at sea???? Will be very interesting to see how this story develops.

I can't see a fiberglass tender damaging a heavy steel platform. I would think is was the seas. There is a major storm(almost hurricane) going thru Hawaii this week end.