It's been awhile.... Embarkation changes????

bigboatrider

It's been a couple of years since the DW and I have cruised. After booking a Dec 7th sailing out of Charleston, I paid CC a quick visit, and saw something about the embarkation process being a lil different, something about staggered boarding times, or something to affect? Can't seem to find the thread now, soooooo........ have their been changes made to the process in Charleston???? TIA for any help.

I just skimmed the links but didn't see anything mentioned about the S&S cards being placed in the cabin mailbox instead of being issued upon check-in. I don't think it's on all ships but don't remember which ships I read about. I'm not a fan of the idea and hope the practice is not in place for my next cruises Jan/Feb 2017!

I just skimmed the links but didn't see anything mentioned about the S&S cards being placed in the cabin mailbox instead of being issued upon check-in. I don't think it's on all ships but don't remember which ships I read about. I'm not a fan of the idea and hope the practice is not in place for my next cruises Jan/Feb 2017!

Currently on Splendor and Vista. I'm sure it won't be long before the others follow.

I am curious to see if it makes check in any quicker. Let's face it, in October on Glory, Priority Lounge check in left MUCH to be desired. I was ready to grab my boarding pass back and go up to the FTTF line.

I am a believer in staggered check in due to my experience. We'll see how I feel about the mailbox thing in March. I'm not worried about anyone stealing my cards, blah, blah, blah. All I'm interested in is if in fact it shortens the time waiting to check in. And from what I see, it does exactly that. So therefore, I'm going with an open and positive mind.

It's been a couple of years since the DW and I have cruised. After booking a Dec 7th sailing out of Charleston, I paid CC a quick visit, and saw something about the embarkation process being a lil different, something about staggered boarding times, or something to affect? Can't seem to find the thread now, soooooo........ have their been changes made to the process in Charleston???? TIA for any help.

Yes just read it on the Carnival site.

People have been posting on the other site (specifically one dedicated to the Vista) and have reported no problems with the new system and seem to like it. One person said that the only people that are complaining are the ones that haven't experienced it yet. Which doesn't surprise me, honestly.

Another person posted this picture of the actual envelopes and they say that if your cards have been tampered with you can visit the D/P/FTTF line to have them replaced. So you don't have to worry about standing in line "all day". It's printed right there on them. Hopefully this eases the minds of those that are stressing over the changes.

bb9f5b155c0b2cd0d0790677e5e68930.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife