Live from Ruby...

WINEMANVISALIA

Live from Ruby Princess...December 3...so far not great..

We are in our 70's and have not cruised for 5 years. This will be our 21st Princess Cruise...We are elite.

Okay, here goes...Embarkation went very smoothly. The Hilton Doubletree shutterbugs to cruise terminal 10:45 am. * Waited 30 minutes to check in...Sat in very nice Lounge for 30 minutes..Got Group A to board the ship..Boarded at 12:15...Straight to our assigned Room Baja 502.

Well now, no name plate by our room...Ahem, mini bar was empty...Nada... NOTHING in there!

Called room service for an hour...busy...

Went to eat lunch...ribs were good...of course, a bit crowded...the confused entering exits that sort of thing...seems tight paths to food...2:30pm....returned to room...mini bar is still bare and no name plate...

Went to guest services elite line...explained my issues...then continued tour of ship...

3:10pm Room steward knocked...then tried to explain why no name tag...We asked for extra roll of toilet paper since we only had one.

3:45 safety drill...took our lifejackets...took a peek at our empty mini bar and headed out by past our bare name tag space.

Returned to our room 4:10pm...

4:24 pm...Room service called and discussed our minibar issues...Yayyy!...we got to exchange sodas and beers for lots of vodka and perrier!

4:35. Room service knocked with tray of vodka bottles and perrier...She put tray our counter and left.

Our minibar is full...

Captain announces delay of one hour departure.

5:08 pm...Still no name tag...We begin to drink!

Right now, we are sitting on our balcony looking g at the San Pedro Vincent Thomas bridge hoping for vodka enlightenment...

To be continued...😀😁😂😋

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

With all the work on turn around day, a delayed mini bar seems like not a big deal and if the name card was forgotten for the entire cruiuse, it would be fine with me.

Well now, no name plate by our room. . . and no name plate...then tried to explain why no name tag...headed out by past our bare name tag space...Still no name tag.. .

Remember . . . you're on vacation! Yay! Many people can't afford any type of vacation so enjoy your blessings in being able to take a cruise.

And try not to get upset over such a small issue as a name tag. Who cares if your room doesn't have a name tag?? Most other cruiselines don't even have them and no one misses them. Try to focus on "the vodka glass half full", not empty, and you'll have a much better vacation. Relax and enjoy!! :p

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

With all the work on turn around day, a delayed mini bar seems like not a big deal and if the name card was forgotten for the entire cruise, it would be fine with me.

Especially considering that there is another whole thread where just about everyone seems upset that Princess even puts name tags on the mailbox.

WINEMANVISALIA, you folks enjoy your cruise.

Edited by ar1950

Wondering why the Ruby is still in port in LA. Am i missing something?

From OP's original post:

Captain announces delay of one hour departure.

BTW, leaving now.

Edited by ar1950

Live from Ruby Princess ...better at night...ribs and chicken...good food...Martini at Adagio...grey goose..well done...followed by great voice impressionist in Princess Theater!...music in crooner bar rocks and music in wheelhouse bar was 60's with great female guitarist!

However, still no name tag and no robes until the morning....hmmm...oh well tomorrow is another day..good night all...

L

However, still no name tag and no robes until the morning....hmmm...oh well tomorrow is another day..good night all...

On most of our cruises, we get the robes on the second morning. Now that I think about it, maybe it's because the laundry has to do all the sheets, etc for embarkation, so the robes have to wait.

On most of our cruises, we get the robes on the second morning. Now that I think about it, maybe it's because the laundry has to do all the sheets, etc for embarkation, so the robes have to wait.

Bingo! And we would much rather have clean bedding, towels and wash clothes than worry about robes that first night. :D

Live from Ruby Princess ...better at night...ribs and chicken...good food...Martini at Adagio...grey goose..well done...followed by great voice impressionist in Princess Theater!...music in crooner bar rocks and music in wheelhouse bar was 60's with great female guitarist!

Sometimes you don't get the robes until the second day or later in the evening. They are all being laundered from the last cruise. No name tag, big deal. Look for all the positives and enjoy your cruise.

Slept well...Live on Ruby princess...We slept well on the firm mattress...listening to the waves go by....our room is midship on Baja deck...did not hear fellow cruisers...cabin creaks a bit...we love that sound...sunrise was glorious and our room is draped in sunlight...now we shower which compared to other princess shops is smaller but we will lather up our hips play chubby checker and dance the twist then head out for food!

Second day delivery of the Robe is great service. 9 cruises ago I marked the block on the personalizer that I wanted a Robe. And, the block continued to be marked each cruise there after.

No Robe until our November this year Cruise. Then second day it was hanging in the closet. Of course it was Princess size extra small. :D

Bob

Live from Ruby...breakfast on lido deck 15...there are two sections Horizon which has more selections a d omelette station but is more crowded than Caribe cafe which is 20 steps going aft where there is omelette station...also both stations had English muffins breads and great selection of condiments like sweet chili sauce along with jellies jams...very tasty!

Pushed the clock ahead one hour...

NFL game is on Movies under the Stars or in your cabin..

Today, we have been promised robes and finally our name tag...We wear both on formal night!😀😁😂

Champagne free at 7 tonight...getting better...time for nap!