Preordered booze on Regal.

newfiegirl4

Nov 27th sailing.

Made a few purchases about 3 weeks before cruise to have during and after sail away! I'm from Canada so figured it might be a good idea as it was in Canadian prices. Only thing in cabin was freekin water!!! Made several calls plus asked room Stewart about it and never got anything until the next day! Absolutely ridiculous! In one call I told them I wanted what I ordered and paid for and did not want to drink water on our balcony at sail away.....she told me its policy that only 3 items can be delivered at a time! So don't understand how 2 buckets of beer was not on ice waiting for me and my travel friend !! In no way it says anything when ordering about that on line! Still, only had water....so where were the other 2???

Since when do Princess get to dictate what you drink in your cabin??? Poor customer service! Didn't spoil the cruise but did not like how we, as adults were treated! I understand policy. But, they shouldn't get to just make that up. Forcing you to purchase from them when they don't deliver what they promised! When the beer arrived it was pis* warm!:mad::mad:

Nov 27th sailing.

Made a few purchases about 3 weeks before cruise to have during and after sail away! I'm from Canada so figured it might be a good idea as it was in Canadian prices. Only thing in cabin was freekin water!!! Made several calls plus asked room Stewart about it and never got anything until the next day! Absolutely ridiculous! In one call I told them I wanted what I ordered and paid for and did not want to drink water on our balcony at sail away.....she told me its policy that only 3 items can be delivered at a time! So don't understand how 2 buckets of beer was not on ice waiting for me and my travel friend !! In no way it says anything when ordering about that on line! Still, only had water....so where were the other 2???

Since when do Princess get to dictate what you drink in your cabin??? Poor customer service! Didn't spoil the cruise but did not like how we, as adults were treated! I understand policy. But, they shouldn't get to just make that up. Forcing you to purchase from them when they don't deliver what they promised! When the beer arrived it was pis* warm!:mad::mad:

We have never had the actual liquor/beer waiting. It was always a voucher and you call room service and give them the voucher when its delivered.

(bucket of beer).....How would they know when you would be in your cabin on embarkation day during a 4 plus hour boarding window and have the ice still there?

We have never had the actual liquor/beer waiting. It was always a voucher and you call room service and give them the voucher when its delivered.

(bucket of beer).....How would they know when you would be in your cabin on embarkation day during a 4 plus hour boarding window and have the ice still there?

Other cruise lines when I've preordered beer it was alway on ice with a towel under the bucket soaking up the condensation!! I just assumed what I ordered would be there. Either on ice or in the fridge.....yes there was a fridge in the room! Nothing in it!

Understand your frustration as your expectations from other lines practices were not met but really no big deal.

We just stop by a bar and buy a bucket of beer and a cocktail for the Mrs and head to our cabin balcony. We have ordered room service liquor and it comes as fast as the room service food does. We also bring a couple bottles of champagne aboard and could chill those too.

I guess pre-order could make sense if you can gain some advantage via currency exchange rates. Other than that its almost easier, and clearly faster, to stop by a bar on your way in.