Cabin Toiletries

bluebelle

We are booked on Victoria at the end of May and really looking forward to a new experience as not been with Cunard before. Can anyone tell me what brand of toiletries are available for use in the cabins as I'm debating whether to take my own. Last cruise was The White Company and I found them quite good quality.

Thanks!

We left the QV Lusitania Remembered Cruise on Sunday. The toiletries where still Penhaligons Quercus range inc shampoo and body lotion etc.

The soap was Eco-Boutique Natural Soap, Aloe Leaf & Green Tea.

My wife said how good they were. :)

Have a good cruise.

gfs

• 2 weeks later...
I sometimes wonder at some of the postings on this site. Questions about "toiletries", come on......................

Why not? The "Turndown Chocolates" thread already has 15 posts and a lot of it is about receiving one or two chocolates per night. Some threads are just amusing and you learn a little something.

I sometimes wonder at some of the postings on this site. Questions about "toiletries", come on......................

As my late mother used to say; If you don't ask the question, you don't know the answer !!!

Please feel free to ask a more interesting one, better to ask before hand than complain afterwards.

Edited by Host Hattie

I just wonder why it matters whether it is Penhaligon's or Quercus or Boots.

Simple - people are often allergic to certain products. For example I cannot use Aveda.

Mary

Simple - people are often allergic to certain products. For example I cannot use Aveda.

Mary

I understand allergies but I would expect that if that was the situation the passenger would take their own products rather than run the risk. I certainly would.

I just wonder why it matters whether it is Penhaligon's or Quercus or Boots.

Believe me, it does! Some of us have hair that requires the correct shampoo and conditioner to make it behave. I always take my own products as even some of the better supplied products don't suit my very fine, very straight hair. I do not want to spend my cruises, or any holiday, looking like a scarecrow! :eek:

It would be so much easier if I could rely on quailty products being supplied but that rarely happens. :(

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Believe me, it does! Some of us have hair that requires the correct shampoo and conditioner to make it behave. I always take my own products as even some of the better supplied products don't suit my very fine, very straight hair. I do not want to spend my cruises, or any holiday, looking like a scarecrow! :eek:

It would be so much easier if I could rely on quailty products being supplied but that rarely happens. :(

Exactly! As you take your own products why does it matter to you what brand is supplied? The same would apply to anyone who preferred their own brand. The brands supplied by Cunard are well known and classy brands but don't suit everyone.

Edited by capnpugwash

I am new to the site and have never cruised before. Will next year QM2 NY to Southampton.

It does not matter to me what the toiletries are but I can see why it would to others and feel its a perfectly valid question on this forum.

Welcome to CC and congratulations on booking your first voyage, DadTheBigKid. What month will you be making your crossing?

Jimmybean

Exactly! As you take your own products why does it matter to you what brand is supplied? The same would apply to anyone who preferred their own brand. The brands supplied by Cunard are well known and classy brands but don't suit everyone.

It's useful to know because it does make things easier (less to pack, less to carry) if the products were something I could use.

But, yes, even well known classy brands aren't always suitable as I discovered on an extensive trip around the UK a couple of years ago. :( Typically I use products recommended by my hair stylist but it's nice to try something different for a change. More than once I ended up having to rewash and recondition my hair as the well known classy product supplied left my hair feeling like straw and almost impossible to comb.

Well..sorry you feel that way but once on RCI there was no shampoo or conditioner in the 'bathroom' and I had to purchase some from the shop onboard. Not only was the quality lacking BUT they came in litre sizes and I had to leave them behind when flying home. What a waste! Since them all other cruises have been from and to UK so it has not been an issue. We are however flying back from Italy and I am therefore restricted on what I can bring.

Also I am a bit fussy 'bout my hair.

The hard fact is that cruise lines offer no guarantee as to brand or specific formulation of toiletries to be furnished on future cruises. What was provided last week - even it may have been the exact same formulation provided since Cunard'a day one 175 years ago - while perhaps comforting, should not be relied upon by someone with genuine cosmetic needs or allergy concerns. If one cannot live with what is provided, one should provide for himself. That is why I always bring my own supply of tea. Otherwise, I am fortunate in being able to cope with whatever cruise lines put in my cabin, or on my plate.

We are however flying back from Italy and I am therefore restricted on what I can bring.

I decant my shampoo and conditioner into convenient sized travel bottles - size depends on the length of the trip. I have short hair so 100ml is usually enough to last for two weeks even when DH decides to use it (usually without asking me).

Please feel free to ask a more interesting one, better to ask before hand than complain afterwards.

Ha ha! Just noticed this in response to Dajo - nicely put Hattie! :)

Edited by bluebelle