QM2 - anything you want me to check out ?

Host Hattie

I looked back at old posts but could not find out whether or not the trial of not using trays in the Kings Court earlier this year worked out or not. If they did discontinue using the trays, your opinion of how its working out. Thanks for any info..........................

I looked back at old posts but could not find out whether or not the trial of not using trays in the Kings Court earlier this year worked out or not. If they did discontinue using the trays, your opinion of how its working out. Thanks for any info..........................

I don't plan to spend much time in Kings Court so I can probably check whether the trays are there but not how it's working out.

I'll do my best. ...

I'll be on QM2 for the British Isles trip from Sunday. Is there anything I can check out for you while I'm onboard and report back ?

yes please :) could you see if they have any 175 logo tote bags, and any qm2/cunard scarves.

thanks, and enjoy your trip :)

I'll be on QM2 for the British Isles trip from Sunday. Is there anything I can check out for you while I'm onboard and report back ?
Please check if the Mark Hodgson Trio is still playing in the Chart Room.

Thanks for the suggestions so far (and the good wishes)

I'll check out -

Tray situation in Kings Court

Dry Cleaning

175 memorabilia (special emphasis on bags & scarves)

Chart Room Entertainment

Hi Hattie, first question is what class of cabin will you be sailing in ?

Also:

1. What is the general condition of the ship - fresh and sprightly, or down and dingy ?

2. Is King's Court really THAT bad ?

3. Your meal choices and your assessment of the food quality.

4. Ditto 3. but for Todd English

5. Any useful information about onboard prices - good value versus not so good value

Above all, have a great time !!

Sheltered balcony,

1. I was last on board in December when she looked fine so unless those world cruisers are a very destructive lot I probably won't notice much difference.

2. I'm not a fan of buffets, I would almost always choose the MDR, . If we need a quick breakfast we have room service.

I'll see what I can do about the others, prices of anything in particular ?

I'm sure we will, thanks

Edited by Host Hattie

Like another poster I don't have a question but to say have a good trip.

We are visiting the ship for a tour and afternoon tea while she is in Greenock. As we have not been on QM2 since 2010 we are really looking forward to reacquainting ourselves with her.

As I write maybe I do have a question, she is down to leave Greenock around 6.15pm yet either the Clyde Port Authority or the local council are to put on a firework display on her departure, and having seen them before at Greenock, it will be an excellent display, so is she now leaving much later in the evening?

Henry

Have a great trip Hattie , Put your clipboard down and iPad away, just put your feet up! and enjoy yourself. ;)

Bell Boy :)

:D I know what you mean, the pot hole one had me a bit worried, I had visions of trying to mark them off on a deck plan !

Most of the others are easily done in the normal course of events

Dry Cleaning

Chart Room Entertainment

Food

Prices (of ?)

Like another poster I don't have a question but to say have a good trip.

We are visiting the ship for a tour and afternoon tea while she is in Greenock. As we have not been on QM2 since 2010 we are really looking forward to reacquainting ourselves with her.

As I write maybe I do have a question, she is down to leave Greenock around 6.15pm yet either the Clyde Port Authority or the local council are to put on a firework display on her departure, and having seen them before at Greenock, it will be an excellent display, so is she now leaving much later in the evening?

Henry

Thanks, enjoy your tour and tea. We've been told late evening but I don't think we've got an actual time. We had a notification of change that we'd be departing later so we could fully enjoy the evening's events.

:D I know what you mean, the pot hole one had me a bit worried, I had visions of trying to mark them off on a deck plan !

Most of the others are easily done in the normal course of events

Dry Cleaning

Chart Room Entertainment

Food

Prices (of ?)

Sorry if I had you a bit worried :) have a great time and leave her in good condition for our voyage in November.

Sorry if I had you a bit worried :) have a great time and leave her in good condition for our voyage in November.

Thanks - I'll report back if I fall over but that might be related to sea conditions/alcohol consumption rather than pot holes !

I will be on the QM2 in January 2016 for the world cruise -- in an inside cabin. Can you tell me if the walls are metal so I can bring magnets to put stuff on the walls? Thanks

Yes they are. We took some metal hooks and Command strip hooks to hang our outside jackets on last year.

Yes they are. We took some metal hooks and Command strip hooks to hang our outside jackets on last year.

I should have said magnetic hooks.

Have a great time Hattie and we hope to come and wave to you on the 25th. :)