Estas

Dorset Cruiser

Trying to organise my Esta to join QM2 on 21 June. They now need a contact telephone number in New York. Where do I find this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have recently obtained an esta and don't remember being asked for a New York contact number, only a UK one.

If you are staying in New York obviously you will use your hotel number but normally you are "in transit" and would not have a U.S. number to use.

David.

I have recently obtained an esta and don't remember being asked for a New York contact number, only a UK one.

If you are staying in New York obviously you will use your hotel number but normally you are "in transit" and would not have a U.S. number to use.

David.

Thanks David, someone advised me to use my mobile number and it went through okay 😄

Hi Dorset Cruiser. I recently obtained an ESTA for my crossing on QV.

I was stumped by the question on the ESTA about whether or not I was in transit. I ended up phoning the USA people direct to ask them. I received a very interesting answer. I could classify myself as being in transit if I wished. (I had been worried that transit might only apply to staying in the airport.) However, customs advised me to say that I was not in transit. The reason for this is that when NOT in transit, the address and telephone fields pop up. If you are in transit then these fields do not show. This becomes a problem if you want to return to the USA for an actual visit within 2 years. Without the address fields showing, you cannot alter them to give an address. You cannot change the information of being in transit. It therefore saves any future problems if you say you are not in transit. You will be able to amend the form for future visits.

I was advised to give the address as being the ship, and the telephone number of the Cunard port agents. I found that phone number via a phone call to Cunard. It was a lot of fussing around but I sorted it out eventually.

I was stumped by the question on the ESTA about whether or not I was in transit. I ended up phoning the USA people direct to ask them. I received a very interesting answer. I could classify myself as being in transit if I wished. (I had been worried that transit might only apply to staying in the airport.) However, customs advised me to say that I was not in transit. The reason for this is that when NOT in transit, the address and telephone fields pop up. If you are in transit then these fields do not show. This becomes a problem if you want to return to the USA for an actual visit within 2 years. Without the address fields showing, you cannot alter them to give an address. You cannot change the information of being in transit. It therefore saves any future problems if you say you are not in transit. You will be able to amend the form for future visits.

I was advised to give the address as being the ship, and the telephone number of the Cunard port agents. I found that phone number via a phone call to Cunard. It was a lot of fussing around but I sorted it out eventually.

That has been worrying me as well. I put

I was not 'in transit' to another country after US and so got the address and telephone request which is what threw me. Well its done now and we have our Estas. Now to hope they actually let us into the country. Never had this worry last time we applied for Estas.

On the old style ESTAs You are able to amend the Address and your email address after using "In Transit".

With regards to the other details re city boarding and Carrier information which you can not alter, but does change , I have not had a problem with the authorities in USA. Using the same esta for the two years.

The New ESTAS do not have that information on them to fill in.

Edited by Pennbank