Carnival Freedom vs. RC Liberty of the Seas ~ Best rooms for 4 people?

shannonwood

I'm looking for input on which ship might be the most accommodating for 2 adults and 2 children in a room. Due to needing more space (we don't want a balcony room or suite), we have narrowed it down to these two ships, both departing from Galveston. The Freedom has a cabin called "Scenic Grand Oceanview" that would give us more square footage, and the Liberty has the panoramic rooms that offer a little more square footage and the room is configured in a way that is more helpful with 2 children running around. They also offer Family Oceanview Staterooms with more square footage. Any input and opinions on which ship is better suited to families (children will be 3 and 10 at the time of the cruise) would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by shannonwood

Freedom and Liberty are sister ships so for the most part, they are identical. This means they are equally suited for families...both being excellent, by the way. Liberty just came out of a dry dock though, and waterslides were added. So with the kids present, Liberty might get the slight nod in their eyes...and perhaps yours too. ;)

Either way, you can't go wrong. You're going to have a great time on either ship.

**EDIT - Crap, sorry, I misread that. I was thinking Freedom of the Seas. :o In that case, I recommend Liberty!

Edited by Aquahound

You might want to ask this question on the Carnival and RC boards for more specific information.

Liberty has family staterooms, which may require 5 people to book. Also look into promenade staterooms on the Liberty.

In your postings make sure you stress Carnival Freedom. RC also has a ship called Freedom - Freedom of the Seas, which is identical to the Liberty. Just so people don't misunderstand.

I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes with specific sales etc. you may want to price two staterooms - difference in price might be worth it - thinking two connecting interiors as an example.

THE OP said they were comparing Carnival's Liberty with RCI's Freedom.... either cruise line will do...both are very "family friendly", with plenty to do for everyone! Generally speaking, Carnival's cabins are a bit larger than RCI's.

THE OP said they were comparing Carnival's Liberty with RCI's Freedom.... either cruise line will do...both are very "family friendly", with plenty to do for everyone! Generally speaking, Carnival's cabins are a bit larger than RCI's.

I read it the other way around. Comparing Carnival's Freedom to RC Liberty. It is confusing that's why I asked OP to specify exactly. Either way the ships are definitely not identical as posted by Aqua Hound.