Jade Handicapped Cabins

We just booked the Jade for a December cruise out of Tampa. I have to use a mobility scooter and booked cabin 10153, which looks huge on the deck plans. Has anyone ever booked a handicappe cabin on the Jade. If so, how large was the cabin?

True HC cabins are larger than the same category non-HC....to give you the ability to stay on scooter or wheelchair IN the room, and maneuver about. Also, roll-in shower, grab bars, etc...in the bathroom and no lip to stop you from going to the balcony.

True HC cabins are larger than the same category non-HC....to give you the ability to stay on scooter or wheelchair IN the room, and maneuver about. Also, roll-in shower, grab bars, etc...in the bathroom and no lip to stop you from going to the balcony.

We have done 10 cruises on CCL and always had a modified cabin. for handicapped. The cabins were not any larger. My DH had to turn the scooter around by lifting and turning it. But the doors and bathrooms were larger. I was wondering if that was the case on the Jade. I know they have all the safety rails and shower seats. Just wondering about the size of the cabin and I can't seem to find anything on the NCL site. When I called them, all I got was it was larger.

Edited by scooterpopsnana

There is a whole board on Cruise Critic dedicated to Handicap cruising.

They other resource is to actually post your question on the Cruiseline board on cruise critic. This board is not going to give you the specific info you need!

We just booked the Jade for a December cruise out of Tampa. I have to use a mobility scooter and booked cabin 10153, which looks huge on the deck plans. Has anyone ever booked a handicappe cabin on the Jade. If so, how large was the cabin?

The deck plans are not drawn to scale so 10153 may appear larger than it actually is. General rule of thumb an inside and oceanview accessible cabis is that they're almost twice the size of a standard cabin in the same category.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. This is a site where members can see pictures of ship cabins. It costs a small annual fee. However, you can view pictures of handicapped cabins without a membership. At the website, choose your cruise line, then your ship. Scroll down to interior cabins, and click on the Handicap cabins and it will show if there are any pictures of them. Unfortunately, there are not any for Jade. However, she is a Jewel class ship, of which there are four. The first in the class, Jewel, does have pictures, several of your specific cabin. EM

I don't have a TA. And, I thought this site was a friendly site to help. I guess I was wrong.

That's a shame. They do so much and cost you nothing (and can save you tons of money). And it is a friendly board. I'm making a friendly suggestion as to a place you can get all your answers quickly and accurately from someone whose job is to please you. On a message board you'll never really know how accurate an answer is or what agenda a reply might have.

That's a shame. They do so much and cost you nothing (and can save you tons of money). And it is a friendly board. I'm making a friendly suggestion as to a place you can get all your answers quickly and accurately from someone whose job is to please you. On a message board you'll never really know how accurate an answer is or what agenda a reply might have.

Agenda? I think the OP has been given some excellent advice and resources! Not sure why the OP thought different, odd...

We had an inside handicapped cabin last month on the Jade. It was significantly larger than the normal inside cabin. Besides the extra space that made walking easier for my husband, what we really liked was there was no threshhold to step over to get into the bathroom and no threshhold for the shower. Plus the shower had a pulldown seat which really helped my husband.