Soft-shelled crab

doris1930

Does anyone know of a casual dining restaurant that offers soft-shelled crab on their menu?

Several years ago, there was a place that served them. (85, can't remember which line or restaurant) But for my "final" cruise would like to indulge in the again :)

Thanks for your help.

Guess I wasn't clear, was asking if anyone knew of a cruise ship that served soft-shelled crab in a casual restaurant.

I Live in CA. originally from New Jersey, so am aware of of MD and the crab.

Got married in Elkton in 1948. loooooong time ago. :)

I find a place in San Diego hat sells frozen.

So if any one has been on a cruise (any line) that had that delicacy, I would appreciate hearing from you.

To SadieN.

Which port? Don't know what you are asking.

Thank you.

Guess I wasn't clear, was asking if anyone knew of a cruise ship that served soft-shelled crab in a casual restaurant.

I Live in CA. originally from New Jersey, so am aware of of MD and the crab.

Got married in Elkton in 1948. loooooong time ago. :)

I find a place in San Diego hat sells frozen.

So if any one has been on a cruise (any line) that had that delicacy, I would appreciate hearing from you.

To SadieN.

Which port? Don't know what you are asking.

Thank you.

I had the same question. I think your original question - which you have since addressed - was unclear as to whether you were looking for a restaurant in a port town of departure with soft shelled crab for your cruise or for a cruise ship that served them. I think SadieN was trying to determine what port city it would be for a cruise departure. :)

As to your question, never seen that on any RCI menu. IMO that would be a pretty specific east coast seasonal item that might be difficult to obtain.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

those days of local, fresh, seafood on board are long gone. they have dumbed down the offerings to appeal to a less sophisticated palate.

now MAYBE one of the super elite lines might offer a more locally sourced menu each night, but specifically soft shelled crab is going to be a piep dream most likely

If you are ever in New Orleans, most of the seafood restaurants carry soft shell crabs year round. One of my favorite restaurants for soft shell crab is The Galley on Metairie Road in Metairie. (a suburb of New Orleans) Soft Shells are very easy to find here.

If you are ever in New Orleans, most of the seafood restaurants carry soft shell crabs year round. One of my favorite restaurants for soft shell crab is The Galley on Metairie Road in Metairie. (a suburb of New Orleans) Soft Shells are very easy to find here.

OP is looking for a cruise line / ship that serves soft shelled crabs - not a land based restaurant.

The original question is a bit unclear - she addressed that in a subsequent post. :)

Probably not much use to the OP as she's in the US, but on P&O's Ventura (and probably on some of their other ships) the specialty Indian restaurant Sindhu serves soft-shelled crab. And very good it is too.

Had it on P&O Arcadia last month. Wonderful.

Liz.

On Norwegian I have had the sushi chefs make me soft shell crabs. That is the main ingredient in a spider roll. They are lightly fried and then put into a rice and seaweed roll, sliced into about 5 pieces(try it if you like softies, no raw fish at all). Anyway I had them just lightly fry them and give them to me whole with a little garlic butter. It is not the same as pan prying them in garlic butter, but it close. I paid the price for the roll, but it is worth it.