Embarkation Day Boarding Time Advice? (In Seward)

We are less than a month from our first Regent cruise and trying to plan out embarkation day. The only information available on the Regent website is 5P departure.

Ideally we'd like to get on the ship and confirm our dining res/shore ex/spa schedule as early as possible (I don't feel like the vacation really starts until I'm sure we're on the same page as the ship!), but I'd also like to do a little exploring in Seward and am trying to figure out the best use of our time.

What time would Regent experts advise us to arrive at?

What we did on a Mariner cruise 7 years ago. We were in Alaska earlier and got the train from Alyssa to Seward , we went to the ship at noon, dropped off cases, booked in got passes etc , a bite of lunch, left our hand luggage at reception, and went to walk around Seward. Its not massive, the harbour area is good and apart from the sea life centre there is not that much to see and do , a couple of hours would suffice. We were on board before a train load of guests had arrived.

We were back on the ship mid afternoon, cases, hand luggage, were in our suite, so unpacked while enjoying the Champagne and plenty of time for the muster before sail away about 6pm.

Hope this helps.

It looks like the Regent site indicates boarding starts at noon with rooms not available until later (though the effective date is after our cruise). Are people generally able to drop their luggage in the closet of their stateroom or are the key cards not capable of opening the doors until later?

The doors to the staterooms are open, but the crew are still getting things ready, so don't want you underfoot. We usually board at around noon ( will do so in Vancouver tomorrow), have a leisurely lunch in La Veranda then the rooms are ready around 2-2:30. They make an announcement. As far as luggage, your big suitcases will be delivered to your room, most times before you arrive but sometimes after. We have dropped off hand cases if they didn't contain valuables early. The suite key works as soon as you board. But again, they don't want you going to the rooms till the announcement has been made.

Thank you Rachel, that is exactly what we were hoping for. I don't want to be underfoot but I'd like to set a few things in the closet quickly-- important enough that we don't want to be separated from them but not so valuable they're worth stealing. ;)

As I said earlier you can book in hand luggage at the reception , which was then taken to our suite without us going to those decks and being in the way, it is also more secure as the cabin doors are open whilst things are still being set up and the closets may not be available. Valuables can be put in a locked suitcase especially if you are not coming direct from a flight. Camera etc you may want with you if you are going to explore Seward