No excursions offered in Seward!

As of last night no shore excursions are being offered for the 230 people presently on this 14 day Alaska cruise.

A number of passengers are very cranky.

I called RSS this AM & was put through to a guest relations voice mail, I left a message. Or I can FAX or email my concerns & will "be handled in the order received. "

This cruise was sold as a 14 day all inclusive not a 13 day!

RSS if you are reading this FYI there are a number of unhappy folks.

Karen

Ms. Millie reported that in a Jan 20 post within RachelG's trip report thread.

"I did receive disappointing news today from Destination Services. I was told that there would be no excursions provided for continuing passengers at Seward/Alaska. So that equates to another sea day for a lot of people without the services that we typically provided on sea days. Angie"

It would seem that if this was sold as a 14 d cruise v a BTB booking they should provide you all with 'something' whether a shore excursion, specially buffet or other on board activity (depending on whether they prefer you on or off the ship that day).

The above would apply in principle for even one passenger but 230! is a significant proportion of the total passengers.

Band together / strength in numbers for fulfillment of your reasonable expectation.

I was surprised to learn this as well, but knew it several months ago. So I rented a car for the day, thinking we could always cancel the rental if regent provided something that was more interesting.

Now George and Jerry are going salmon fishing. Helen and I still have the car rental, so will go exploring.

The three tours shown specifically for May 25 are:

Exit Glacier and Alaska Sealife Center

Light Activity /Walking

Duration: 4 1/2 hours

Tour Code: SWD-001

Explore the Kenai Mountains

Moderate Activity/Walking Meal

Duration: 8 hours

Tour Code: SWD-003

Kenai Fjords Cruise

Seated Tour Meal

Duration: 5 1/2 hours

Tour Code: SWD-002

Here is the link:

http://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR160518A/activities/regent-choice-plus-free/day-9/SWD-002/default.aspx#Excursions

Perhaps it would be useful to take this information to Destination Services or the GM for a discussion.

Good luck.

I have noticed that what shows up on the website is not always offered when you go to book your excursions. That, too, is disappointing.

Another interesting discrepancy is that more excursions are offered on the holiday Explorer Cruise through the Panama Canal than the less expensive one in January. Sorry to be a little off topic.

Edited by Eager2Travel

I have noticed that what shows up on the website is not always offered when you go to book your excursions. That, too, is disappointing.

Another interesting discrepancy is that more excursions are offered on the holiday Explorer Cruise through the Panama Canal than the less expensive one in January. Sorry to be a little off topic.

Well we have great news as of minutes ago the GM said 2 excursions were OKed for Seward by the home office. Info will be sent to our cabins later today or tomorrow.

GM Davor is the best!! Thank you!!:)

Karen

Well we have great news as of minutes ago the GM said 2 excursions were OKed for Seward by the home office. Info will be sent to our cabins later today or tomorrow.

GM Davor is the best!! Thank you!!:)

Karen

Great news. Davor is wonderful:-)

Way to go Karen and John! I was going to recommend to stick an eye patch on John and an inflatable parrot on your shoulder (Pink Panther gag) and lead a small mutiny. But they may retaliate by cutting off your Tito's vodka and wine supply.

Which tour are you going on?

Z and TB

Yesterday, I received a beautiful, slick Regent brochure that stated "Regent provides excursions in EVERY port"! Furthermore, why wouldn't Regent have expected a furor; Seward is in a beautiful place where it is easy for Regent to schedule excursions.

Way to go Karen and John! I was going to recommend to stick an eye patch on John and an inflatable parrot on your shoulder (Pink Panther gag) and lead a small mutiny. But they may retaliate by cutting off your Tito's vodka and wine supply.

Which tour are you going on?

Z and TB

Oh Z!! This is why we love you!!! Xoxo Happy to report Tito's in every bar;)

We chose the bus tour to a glacier & sea life museum. The other tour offered is an up charge w/boat ride.

K & J

We have cancelled the rental car in Seward and are going on the resurrection bay cruise (we meaning Helen and me). The boys are still fishing.

Hi Rachel, I'm still looking for you!! I've already embarrassed myself a few times asking lovely ladies if they are Rachel:eek: Nope!!

Karen

Hi Rachel, I'm still looking for you!! I've already embarrassed myself a few times asking lovely ladies if they are Rachel:eek: Nope!!

Karen

Look for the man with cowboy hat! That is George.

We have cancelled the rental car in Seward and are going on the resurrection bay cruise (we meaning Helen and me). The boys are still fishing.

Find it interesting that based on a post on the live from thread there is a $119 upcharge for the Resurrection Bay Cruise yet looking on line the identical cruise is currently listed at $99 per person including lunch and a free shuttle in Seward which would take you from the ship to the boat.

Considering that included tours are normally valued up to about $150-$200 pp seems like this excursion should be included at no additional cost??

Find it interesting that based on a post on the live from thread there is a $119 upcharge for the Resurrection Bay Cruise yet looking on line the identical cruise is currently listed at $99 per person including lunch and a free shuttle in Seward which would take you from the ship to the boat.

Considering that included tours are normally valued up to about $150-$200 pp seems like this excursion should be included at no additional cost??

True enough, I did not understand the up charge. But can use OBC for this rather than paying cash if doing independently.