Best Looking Interior

I've been on four different ships, with number five coming up in a few months. It seems like the newer ships are looking less like ships and more like floating apartment buildings. But most cruisers care more about how a ship looks on the inside. I'd rate my four ships as follows (interior only):

1. HAL Noordam

2. Celebrity Summit

3. HAL Veendam

4. RCI Grandeur of the Seas

My next ship, Jewel of the Seas, looks like it fits between 2 and 3.

Which ship have you been on that has the best looking interior?

Celebrity Solstice and Eclipse.

Goes to show a vast difference in opinion though. I've been on 2 sister ships of Noordam (Oosterdam and Zuiderdam) and I thought they were gaudy. Too many golds, purples and other dark colors for my taste. I do think HAL has the best artwork though.

Prinsendam is far and away the best, then Norway, Queen Mary 2, Maasdam, Noordam (and other Vistas), Solstice, Eclipse ... towards the bottom were Gem, Sapphire Princess and RC Mariner in dead last. There is no way I would even want to check out monsters like Getaway or Oasis and their sort.

OP: I"ve been on the first 3 you listed and I agree that they are all lovely, but #1 on m list is the Queen Mary. Of course it's subjective and obviously limited to the ships one has been on.

Edited by marco

I have 2 favorites for 2 different reasons. I love QM2 for the classic look of a luxury cruise liner. On the other hand, I love the Celebrity Solstice Class ships for the modern look. The Sky Lounge with its blue tinted glass is the best looking observation lounge of any ship, in my opinion.

On the other side of the spectrum, the ugliest ships I've sailed are all in the Joe Farcus designed Carnival Fleet.

have sailed about 29 shipsHA L, Carnival, PRINCEsSS, RCI and my two favorite ships are Maasdam and Noordam.Both are beautiful and 'look like ships should IMO'.

Edited by sail7seas

Carnival Splendor Spa interiors are very nice. Probably the nicest interior we ever had.

Edit: Oops! I think I went charging off in the wrong direction. I thought the question was which ship had the nicest interior cabins. I'm thinking I was wrong on that and the question was interior of the ship in general. That definitely wouldn't be the Carnival Splendor, which looks like an explosion in a Barbie Townhouse factory. Pink and silver. Way too much pink and silver.

Edited by Sea Hag

Edit: Oops! I think I went charging off in the wrong direction. I thought the question was which ship had the nicest interior cabins.

Lol, yeah, I totally read the OP's post too fast. Whoops! Oh well. I would delete my post if I could, but I don't think it will let me at this point. Oh well. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app