Has anyone done a Christmas or New Year's Week Cruise?

acruisefan

Just wondering what a Christmas or New Year's cruise is like on Windstar?

Is it a sold out type situation? I would expect there may be more kids or young adults on board. Any special things done for the holidays?

I have done a New Year's cruise on a big ship and it was a bit of a crazy, fully packed, screaming kids everywhere type of a trip.

Just idly thinking about it at this point - and bringing my 20 something yr old son and a friend for him along, although I normally would not bring him on a Windstar cruise due to the age demographic.

• Thanks 1

We have done 7 or 8 New Years cruises on WS and have totally enjoyed them. It is a much younger demographic - most people are not retired and are going during a Christmas/New Year break. There have often been children and teenagers but certainly not a "screaming kid scenario." There is a wonderful New Year's party on deck with both passengers and crew.

We did the Panama Canal cruise leaving on 12/27 for one week in 2014. It was an amazing adventure! We brought our two sons ages 20 & 18 at the time. I believe there were a handful of other college/high school students on board and one family with younger, very well behaved children. I'm pretty sure our cruise was full. We did book in April for that cruise in December.