Docking in Seville - Family reunion

livinforcruisin

Can anyone tell me where the Star Legend will dock in Seville in April? Does it sail inward from Cadiz? All advice greatly received. We are sailing on another cruise line which docks in Cadiz on the same day that the Legend is in Seville. We are hoping to meet up with our daughter and Son-in Law in Seville (they are working aboard the Legend). Many thanks from anyone who has docked here before

Ask Windstar where they dock, I suspect it will be at Cadiz. Seville was at least an hour drive away when our cruise visited Seville (actual port Cadiz.) I don't think there is a port in Seville that can handle cruise ships of this size, the only body of water that goes near Seville is a river that originates some distance from Cadiz. I suspect the Seville visit will be by shore excursion or private tour. We did a private tour with a group, and Seville is well worth visiting. But the cruise line can answer definitively.

Thanks pudgesmom and wine girl for the response. It will be awesome if we get to meet up as it is the one day that our cruise itineraries line up. My daughter and son in law are working alongside another duo onboard the Legend who have done this stop last year on the Legend and they sailed down the canal right into Seville. Perhaps they can do this as the Legend isn't a masted ship. But that is a good idea to call Windstar directly which I will do.

Many thanks for your responses

Thanks pudgesmom and wine girl for the response. It will be awesome if we get to meet up as it is the one day that our cruise itineraries line up. My daughter and son in law are working alongside another duo onboard the Legend who have done this stop last year on the Legend and they sailed down the canal right into Seville. Perhaps they can do this as the Legend isn't a masted ship. But that is a good idea to call Windstar directly which I will do.

Many thanks for your responses

Let us know what you find out. I assume it's this itinerary:

http://www.windstarcruises.com/Cruise/Itinerary-Ports/Mediterranean/Spanish-Serenade/?id=18&sid=18832#port-CSV

and it indeed shows the port as Seville. Since others have reported that the Legend actually docked there in the past rather than Cadiz, and given that Cadiz isn't mentioned anywhere on the website, I think you may indeed to docking at Seville. Works well for you, but we actually found Cadiz to be a very interesting port, and we enjoyed it.

Can't help with your question about the port I'm afraid.However,we are on the Legend sailing from Tenerife on April 9th so I assume we'll come across your daughter and son in law.In what capacity will they be working on the ship?

Can't help with your question about the port I'm afraid.However,we are on the Legend sailing from Tenerife on April 9th so I assume we'll come across your daughter and son in law.In what capacity will they be working on the ship?

Hi Traval they are 'The Upbeats Duo' Rachel and Peter. Are you on the cruise that docks in Seville on April 19th? Enjoy your cruise. We embark our cruise on April 9th out of Southampton on P&O Britannia.:D

In 2006 the American writer , Frances Mayes, wrote A Year in the World, the first two chapters is a glorious, sensual description of Seville. After reading it I had to go to Seville, we took a WS trans Atlantic to Lisbon and then spent 4 days in Seville. It is a remarkable and beautiful city. The small national gallery has a room of Zurbaran, the Spanish painter of the late 1500's. In this room are paintings with white, it is a miracle on how he painted white. The food was beyond delicious, the narrow streets, the orange trees, Columbus's tomb. This is a city that heart and soul. Just think back when it had the largest library in Europe and the three great religions of the world lived in peace for a time. Remarkable city. Enjoy.

Livinforcruisin---our cruise ends in Lisbon leaving Tenerife on April 9th and ending April 17th.

I'd love to take a cruise from the UK sometime and not have to fly out to catch the ship!

Bob and I will be looking out for Rachel and Peter.

Let us know what you find out. I assume it's this itinerary:

http://www.windstarcruises.com/Cruise/Itinerary-Ports/Mediterranean/Spanish-Serenade/?id=18&sid=18832#port-CSV

and it indeed shows the port as Seville. Since others have reported that the Legend actually docked there in the past rather than Cadiz, and given that Cadiz isn't mentioned anywhere on the website, I think you may indeed to docking at Seville. Works well for you, but we actually found Cadiz to be a very interesting port, and we enjoyed it.

No citation handy but I'm sure I read initially that the Star Breeze docks IN Seville, not Cadiz. It was sold as a benefit of the smaller ship size, and time saving to boot. Would love to hear how your reunion works out!

No citation handy but I'm sure I read initially that the Star Breeze docks IN Seville, not Cadiz. It was sold as a benefit of the smaller ship size, and time saving to boot. Would love to hear how your reunion works out!

Thanks everyone for your kind replies and lovely words on our reunion. Our daughter's current colleagues sailed right into Seville last year and docked quite near to the Cathedral. So we are pretty confident that that will again be the case. Meanwhile we have booked our coach transfer from Cadiz into Seville through our cruise line. The Legend is currently on day 5 of its 14 day Transatlantic crossing - not for the foolhardy - hats off to the passengers who have chosen to do that. I love to sail but not fond of rough seas. Now getting excited at the thought of spending some time with them both in just under 3 weeks. I will keep you posted on its success or failure. Whatever the outcome Seville looks spectacular and well worth a visit. :p

Livinforcruisin---our cruise ends in Lisbon leaving Tenerife on April 9th and ending April 17th.

I'd love to take a cruise from the UK sometime and not have to fly out to catch the ship!

Bob and I will be looking out for Rachel and Peter.

Dear Traval we have never booked a Windstar Cruisebefore but we are now looking at an October cruise on the Wind Surf. Do you go through a travel agent to book your cruise or directly with Windstar? I only ever see prices in dollars so not sure how to go about it from the UK. Many thanks for any information.

We have used UK based cruise agencies for a couple of cruises,also an American online agency but this time have booked directly with Windstar.

The only hassle with WS was that they would not take deposit on credit card by email.We had to speak with them which took a while to sort out as they are Seattle based and at the time of booking we were on holiday in Madeira so it was not easy to make contact with the agent who was dealing with us.It took a couple of days to get sorted.

Because of guidelines about advertising I won't give you details of who we have used but I could pass them to your daughter on board The Legend if you are interested.

We have used UK based cruise agencies for a couple of cruises,also an American online agency but this time have booked directly with Windstar.

The only hassle with WS was that they would not take deposit on credit card by email.We had to speak with them which took a while to sort out as they are Seattle based and at the time of booking we were on holiday in Madeira so it was not easy to make contact with the agent who was dealing with us.It took a couple of days to get sorted.

Because of guidelines about advertising I won't give you details of who we have used but I could pass them to your daughter on board The Legend if you are interested.

Yes please, that would be wonderful and very kind of you. Thank you so much :). Enjoy your cruise and happy sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Once again thank you for all your replies. So, we now know that Windstar docks right in the centre of Seville just a 10 minute walk from the Cathedral. Traval, thank you for giving Rachel all the information for us, greatly appreciated.

We docked in Cadiz on Britannia and drove to Seville. It took 1.5hours transit time. We arrived in Seville just as the Legend was docking. Amazingly our coach drop off point was across the road from where the Legend docked. We had a wonderful few hours reunion despite the rain.

Many thanks again.

So glad that all went well for you.

We thought that Rachel and Peter and the other duo were the best entertainment we've had on our Windstar cruises.It was nice that they alternated their venues for the evening as well so we got to see both couples

regularly.

We wish them well.

So glad that all went well for you.

We thought that Rachel and Peter and the other duo were the best entertainment we've had on our Windstar cruises.It was nice that they alternated their venues for the evening as well so we got to see both couples

regularly.

We wish them well.

That is so good to hear. They will be thrilled to know that. Thanks Traval :D