Star Legend Voltage

Stuboy

I have seen the mention that voltage on board is 110/220 and a converter is needed. Can anyone clarify this for me. Will a 110v appliance work? Does it need to be dual voltage? What kind of converter is required?

Any info at this point will help. Thanks,:confused:

There is a 110 plug in your cabin as well as a 220. The plug is a bit recessed so a large plug assembly such as for a Mac will not fit. We bring a short extension cord to overcome this and which also enables you to charge multiple items.

All modern small appliances work on both 110 and 220, so no need for a converter ever. Just an adapter at most.

The outlets on the Pride/Legend/Breeze are scarce. I recommend traveling with a little travel cord with multiple plugs. Mine is a monster cable and cost not much on Amazon. The cord wraps around and is secured by one of the outlets making it very compact.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two more 110 V outlets on Legend, Pride and Spirit. There's one behind the TV that you can plug a multiple plug adapter into plus the TV and there is another one in the bathroom that's part of the wall mounted hair dryer. The not so easy to find outlet in the bathroom is there to charge or power an electric shaver or toothbrush. Don't plug anything that draws any real current into it if you don't want meet some of the ships electrical staff while you watch them reset your dryer. That hidden plug is a great location for a low light plug in night light.

I'll second the recommendation for bringing a very short extension cord (like the ones that are sold to gain space taken by 'wall wart' transformers on terminal strips). I always carry two. We also bring a European to US plug adapter because many electrical things we travel with can use both 120 V and 220 V power (travel friendly hair curlers come to mind). Do not bring anything that has a surge protector built into it. Ships use a floating ground that can confuse a land based surge protector and potentially cause a fire. It's illegal to use or bring a land surge protector on board a ship (US Coast Guard rule) and if found when your bags are being screened during the boarding process will likely be confiscated (forget looking for a marine one as they cost about as much as your cruise did). Enjoy the Legend! Like her sister ships have done for us many times you're in for a treat.

There are two more 110 V outlets on Legend, Pride and Spirit. There's one behind the TV that you can plug a multiple plug adapter into plus the TV and there is another one in the bathroom that's part of the wall mounted hair dryer. The not so easy to find outlet in the bathroom is there to charge or power an electric shaver or toothbrush. Don't plug anything that draws any real current into it if you don't want meet some of the ships electrical staff while you watch them reset your dryer. That hidden plug is a great location for a low light plug in night light.

I'll second the recommendation for bringing a very short extension cord (like the ones that are sold to gain space taken by 'wall wart' transformers on terminal strips). I always carry two. We also bring a European to US plug adapter because many electrical things we travel with can use both 120 V and 220 V power (travel friendly hair curlers come to mind). Do not bring anything that has a surge protector built into it. Ships use a floating ground that can confuse a land based surge protector and potentially cause a fire. It's illegal to use or bring a land surge protector on board a ship (US Coast Guard rule) and if found when your bags are being screened during the boarding process will likely be confiscated (forget looking for a marine one as they cost about as much as your cruise did). Enjoy the Legend! Like her sister ships have done for us many times you're in for a treat.

The night night for the bath is a good idea. The lights are bright and the switch is outside the door. Impossible to avoid waking your partner in the night unless you can cope with a pitch black bathroom.