Windstar login problems Help!!!

chry5alis

Would love some advice from other Windstar cruisers, particularly outside the US.

We are doing our first Windstar cruise in Tahiti in less than 4 weeks and, after reading through everyone's advice, we're pretty excited and trying to choose our shore excursions. Only fly in the ointment is I am unable to log into my account to check them out. :(

I created an account (which has since disappeared) but it wouldn't link to our booked cruise. I've emailed Windstar for help three times but they never reply! I've heard this is a common proplem outside the US, but it's extremely frustrating.

We booked through a travel agent here in Oz but he can't give me any advice either.

I'd love to know if anyone else had the same problem and how you sorted it. TIA :)

Their website has been a little dicey this week. I had to call them the other day about a booking because my itinerary and previous sailings disappeared. I suggest that you just go to the regular part of the website, look at the excursions posted there, make a list of what you want to do and call them or have your TA call. You can also make reservations when you board.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Their website has been a little dicey this week. I had to call them the other day about a booking because my itinerary and previous sailings disappeared. I suggest that you just go to the regular part of the website, look at the excursions posted there, make a list of what you want to do and call them or have your TA call. You can also make reservations when you board.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This.

WS might just as well have a standard message on their home page "We apologize, but the website is a bit dicey this week." Always hit or miss at best.

I *think* the clue to seeing your bookings is to make sure you've signed up for a Yacht Club account, get it entered into your online account and then be sure the TA has your Yacht Club number in the booking. It should then show up. Or not. With WS it's always a bit of a gamble.

As advised, go to the regular page for your itin, decide what you want and then call or have your TA book. If you want to risk it, you can often just book as you board, but some itins may be sold out by then, better to do it beforehand.

Edited by milepig

Thanks for the advice re the site. I will have a go at signing up for a Yacht club number and see if it helps, it keeps asking for it when I try to sign in.

They really are quite slack in replying to emails asking for help, it's extremely frustrating being in another country and not being able to pick up the phone and talk to someone.

I sure hope the cruise experience way surpasses the booking experience! ;)

Cry5allis, Are you on the May 6 cruise? I hope so, Australians are so much fun!

Sometimes too much fun, lol. No texasstar, we are on the 13th, we'll be getting on when you're getting off. Shame, it would be great to "know" someone onboard!

**Update on my login problems, my TA managed to get a reply from Windstar and they've fixed the problem, so I can now check out what's on offer in the way of excursions.

Hi,

We were on the Spirit back in October.

Prior to cruise we couldn't access our cruise details in our acount, despite already being Yacht club members. Think it was once I entered the WIndstar booking number it worked for us.

Understand that site is not friendly to OZ members!.

Chase your TA up and get them to do it for you or email Windstar main agent in Sydney.

In the end we made all our own excursion arrangements which worked out much better for us financially and we did what we wanted to do rather than part of a larger group.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Yes I had heard the login was a problem from Australia, still dont know why they refused to answer my emails but my TA managed to sort it. We are thinking of doing the excursions independently as well. Last time we were there with Princess that seemed to be the much cheaper option.

Chris

On our recent Caribbean cruise we waited to sigh up for shore excursions until we were on board the Wind Surf. There were several new excursions from what had been listed on line.

We boarded within an hour of the start time and while a few excursions were full, there were other times available that worked out for us. Good luck and have fun!

Hi Texas Star....we very much winged our tours in Frecnh Polynesia.

Went drift snorkling in Tiputa Pass, Rangiroa booked on the spot with a local operator at the pier. Excellent nearly 2hours, cant remember but price was good and only a few people on mid morning tour.

Raiatea, along with about 10 others we organised at the port Tourist office a trip up the Faaroa River as far as was navigable.

The only one we pre-booked ourselves was in Moorea for an all day snorkling, interaction with sting rays and sharks, lunch on beach with our feet in the water etc on a small outrigger boat ~ there were 8 of all together. excellent day out organised by Moorea Miti Tours - they have FB page and web site. They came and picked us up from the jetty where we were tendered to.

In Papeete we took a day tour up into the mountains, waterfalls, maraes and more, including a great spot on the way into Papeete to take sunset pics. No idea who, again organised on the spot.

We spent 2 nights post cruise in Papeete before we could get a flight out. We chose to stay in town overlooking the harbour where we could go walk-a-bout, have a drink at the harbour bars and eat at the roulettes and small restaurants, visit the market and other local sights all within walking distance. As it was only 2 nights we much preferred being in town rather than cacooned in a resort and it was about a third the price!

Hope that helps...availability of local operators depends whether any other ships are in, if a mega ship is in most probably all local operators are overwhelmed or booked out to them so you would be best booking with Windstar (if they were able to get their tours a look in)

Ian

Edited by AlbanyWA

AlbanyWA, Thank you so much for replying and for the information. We have pre-booked tours on Moorea and Bora Bora, but were hoping we could" wing it" as you have on the other islands. When you booked tours on the dock, did they take credit cards or do we need to have cash?

AlbanyWA, Thank you so much for replying and for the information. We have pre-booked tours on Moorea and Bora Bora, but were hoping we could" wing it" as you have on the other islands. When you booked tours on the dock, did they take credit cards or do we need to have cash?

Hi Teaxasstar, best memory is we paid cash every time. Not much option in the smaller places many just dont have facilities for cards at all! local currency, though think we paid for Moorea in US as we had cash over from our last overseas trip.

Ian