Classic Suite on Star Pride, Breeze. or Legend?

monemavasia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I was about to book the forward Classic Suite on a Med trip this summer. I just saw however that it is directly on the forward deck level with the whirlpool. Is anybody familiar with these particular cabins --Classic Suite Forward old Seabourn ships? Can the people on the deck see in? Does the solid ship railing obstruct the view?

Many Thanks

We were in the forward hot tub every day on the Pride and on the Breeze, probably twenty days total, and we did not see the shades, shutters on those two suites open once. There might be Windows on the side but those forward facing Windows seemed pretty useless

Unless you entertain a lot in your cabin I don't see the value of those suites. I wouldn't worry too much about your privacy as you'll know almost all of your fellow passengers in a day or so. I've sailed on the Pride and Legend when they were Seaborne flagged ships many times and never have I seen anyone actually try to look into those suites from outside. Perhaps if you had several sea days (assuming it's not 'bumpy' as the ride up there can get a little busy if Mother Nature gets angry) you could justify the premium those suites command. Other than before dinner and late evenings you're not going to spend a bunch of time in your suite on a Windstar Med cruise. We did the Pride last year from Athens to Venice and had friends that had one of those suites. The suites were beautiful but for us not needed.

This year we've booked the Windstar Glitter and Glam Med Cruise (toward the end of this summer). If we were upgraded for free to one of those suites we would not surrender our midships French balcony suite.

Enjoy whatever accommodation you book and if you choose Windstar you're in for a treat cruising the Med aboard one of Windstar's 'new' Yachts.

Thank you both for your comments. We are planning the trip over a big anniversary so thought to do something a little more than our usual norm. If we go ahead this will be our first cruise with Windstar. We have been on the same class ship with Seabourn but never ventured onto the forward whirlpool deck and are as such unfamiliar with the privacy issues and views that these cabins afford. My wife is often dressing early as we enter and later as we depart ports and misses some of the most stunning scenery as such. A small outside balcony for a post nightcap nightcap also appeals.

I see from your recent post that you did the Glitter and Glam cruise. We are considering that cruise but are not convinced that the ports are as strong a itinerary as we are accustomed to on Windstar, Portofino obviously an exception. What was your impression of the cruise generally and ports specifically? We will be on the Pride not one of the sail ships.

Thanks in advance

Haven't done the cruise yet Barrycat- we don't sail until late this summer. There are a couple of less than world famous ports on the itinerary that don't gather spectacular reviews but we treat each port as our own personal adventure and rarely leave disappointed.

We're also not fans of organized wine tastings (several are offered by Windstar for this cruise) and will likely stray from group tours at one or two of the ports we'll be visiting. To organized. Besides, you can usually learn more about wine and local traditions when visiting unfamiliar ports by visiting small off the beaten path cafes or restaurants. Other than getting a few post cards for our grandsons you'll likely not find us eating up valuable port time shopping (unless some fantastic antique catches our eye and beckons to move to CT).

Being at sea on a wonderful ship, the topography, the art and the history of the areas we'll be visiting were the draw for us booking Glitter & Glam. The climate isn't too shabby either.

We've also booked two nights in Barcelona before the cruise as well as two nights in Rome after the cruise (both fantastic cities to visit over and over again) as part of a [modified] Windstar package.