beverage and wine question

namwicha

Just booked a cruise on Costa from Italy to USA and have many questions. But my first is concerning the wine situation. Have cruised on many North American cruises and have always had the opportunity to purchase a "wine package" of 4 or 7 bottles throughout the cruise, usually from the dining room wine list. So far, I have not found any information on such a package, or even the existence of a wine list. Cruisers have referenced beverage packages which give you 'Red' or 'white' or 'blush', but don't mention an actual wine list. Any info?

Check out these Costa pages:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/before_board/services/SpecialServicesCategories.htm#anchor-ss

http://www.costacruise.com/usa/all-inclusive-cruise.html

Wine and wine & water packages are available to buy once onboard. There will be a Beverage Offer card covering Water, Soda and Beer packages, there are also 4 Wine packages as below:

EASY - 4 wines & 7 water €99.99

CLASSIC - 6 wines & 7 water €124.99

SPECIAL - 6 wines & 7 water €154.99

The wines will be named on the Card (but without year), I have not listed the wines I have on my Card, as they change depending on time of year and cruising area.

Edited by G.M.T.

• 1 month later...

All the AI packages includes some kinds of wine and beer, prices $21 to $60 US per day. Included choices vary, I don't use alcohol myself, so can't tell you which is which. Also draft beer 20 for $94, and 6 wine/7 water for $160.

I have non-alcohol package which doesn't include cappuccino, when I order one the system charges me automatically. (Incidentally, cappuccino package 25 for $86, individually 3.44- do the math yourself. And non-alcohol packages 20 for $78 and 40 for $130- soft drinks 3.44 each, non-alcohol cocktails 8.01 each).

Dancer Bob- any prices? Also do you know if I purchased cheaper beverage package and wanted a drink not included, can I just pay the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes. You may order a drink not included and pay the difference.

Yes. You may order a drink not included and pay the difference.

I have never come across this before, maybe you can clarify a couple of examples:

a. I order a Glenfiddich 18 y.o. at €9.00, a whisky on the AI costs €5.50, so di I pay just the diffference of €3.50?

b. Irish coffee costs €4.95, there is no alternative on the AI menu, what would be the price paid?

c. Bottle beer not included in AI cost €4.95. a draught AI beer is €4,95, si would I get a bottled beer free of charge?

Thanks for the clarification.

I have never come across this before, maybe you can clarify a couple of examples:

a. I order a Glenfiddich 18 y.o. at €9.00, a whisky on the AI costs €5.50, so di I pay just the diffference of €3.50?

b. Irish coffee costs €4.95, there is no alternative on the AI menu, what would be the price paid?

c. Bottle beer not included in AI cost €4.95. a draught AI beer is €4,95, si would I get a bottled beer free of charge?

Thanks for the clarification.

A. No. Glenfiddich not included, you would pay full price for it

B. Irish Coffee not included. Order coffee a shot of Jameson and a shot of Baileys Irish Cream and mix it yourself.

C. No. Only draft is included

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked a cruise on Costa from Italy to USA and have many questions. But my first is concerning the wine situation. Have cruised on many North American cruises and have always had the opportunity to purchase a "wine package" of 4 or 7 bottles throughout the cruise, usually from the dining room wine list. So far, I have not found any information on such a package, or even the existence of a wine list. Cruisers have referenced beverage packages which give you 'Red' or 'white' or 'blush', but don't mention an actual wine list. Any info?

I just got off the NeoClassica yesterday and I bought the 2 bottles with 2 water package for $21eu + Gratuity for $24.20eu. You received 2 bottles of 1.5lt water (still or sparkling) and a choice of 2 bottles of wine (red, white, blush) The red is a Pasqua Bardolino wine rated at 90 points. This was probably the best deal onboard as a glass of "house red was $5eu. You could get this deal at any bar and have the wine anywhere on the ship (private or public)

• 1 month later...

Hi has anyone purchased the water package? What size are the bottles? Are they the same as mentioned in the water and wine one as above ?. Is this on your costa card or as vouchers.

Also the 100% alcohol fee is it vouchers or on your card. Have only done true AI before but not available on this cruise

TIA

Hi has anyone purchased the water package? What size are the bottles? Are they the same as mentioned in the water and wine one as above ?. Is this on your costa card or as vouchers.

Also the 100% alcohol fee is it vouchers or on your card. Have only done true AI before but not available on this cruise

TIA

The water comes in 1 liter bottles - see attached.

The last time we had the soda packag it was on the Costa Card, the bigger one (40) is less expensive than two small (20) ones - also see attached.

Costa Drinks Package.pdf

Packages just changed recently, I'm on the Deliziosa now, I'll check what's available for beer and wine. The non-alcohol package doesn't save much if you drink sodas, but does if you like the non-alcohol cocktails.

Question - unrelated - are a large number of passengers on the ship still coughing?

Judy

• 2 months later...
Is there a difference in price if I just buy the alcohol beverage package when I get on board vs online prior ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

From my recollection - same price.

A small tip, if you bought it online normally you will have to wait until your cabin is ready to get your Costa Card, that will show you have purchased the drinks package. What I do is to take a copy of the invoice thatshows I have bought the AI package so once onboard I show that to a bar keep / waiter and get to make use of the paid package immediately.

If you purchase before you board there are some discounts. For example the water package to prepurchase through your travel agent is approx. €31,00 where as on board it is approx €36.00 (don't have the exact euro and cents price) - the difference being the 15% service charge. AFAIK other beverage packages follow the same pricing model.

• 1 month later...

Just off the Mediterranea . . . we don't buy drink packages since we have WATER USA on our cards. Most nights there was a wine special in the dining room . . . one choice but for under 20 euros. We chose to do this several evenings. We also were able to bring a bottle or two of Coca Cola Light and Mythos beer onboard after a day in port. When we bought kumquat liquor in Corfu, the bottle was taken to be given back at the end of the cruise.