Upgrades for Costa club

alicat58

Just seen a Geman youtube video, by a travek agent's ship test, about food on the Deliziosa. He stated that the Club Deliziosa will be converted into a suite restaurant.

Yes just off Pacifica & all club restaurants are now Suite & Perla Diamante although you can still pay for a meal or purchase the whole weeks worth there.

Same choices as MDR's plus one other main, Shrimp/beefsteaks was also free but charged in MDR at 15 euros. The samsara is now combined with a fusion restaurant again charged for, but free once for suite guests & Perla Diamante.

I'll be on the Pacifica in a couple of weeks, I've got a Costa Club upgrade to a mini-suite. I was assuming that's just marketing hype for a large outside, but maybe I do get some perks? Any other changes you can think of?

Hi Bob,

We were in Mini-Suite on the Diadema in Feb this year, but had to move as it was totally unsuitable for me, due to lay-out. Went to Samsara but got all suite perks, like Restaurant (Club) plus one free meal elsewhere, Kitchen tour, wine tasting, fresh fruit daily, and Cocktail Party for special guests.

Yet an Italian couple said they were only given what the Premium Cabins got for being in mini-suite. Guess rules are changing daily on Costa, so it is luck of the draw.

Hi Bob

Tried to post earlier and somehow my post disappeared.

We have been upgraded from premier balcony to suite on the Fascinosa. The suite looks quite a bit bigger than the balcony-32 sq M instead of 17. The balcony is also bigger. It looks as if the mini-suites vary in shape but they are alsoo bigger. It looks as if our suite has a shower over bath. To be honest I prefer the shower even with it's curtain.

We received an email from Costa to tell us that we are getting the Indentory(? spelling) drinks package and a free entry to the spa for 1d. This cannot be a sea day. You don't get the butler and snacks or entry to the Club restaurant for your meals. The usual boarding stuff and we had to print our luggage tags which has a red stripe or something on them to say your a suite guest.

We are very pleased with the drinks package because we usually get the Piu gusto. Not too bothered by the additional access to the minibar or premium brand spirits. It really makes the cruise even better value for money.

As far as the spa entry is concerned, that is wasted on us(me). We don't stay on the ship in port and it's not available on sea days. There is also no way I am exposing my ample rump in public.

We are leaving 2w tomorrow and can't wait.

Enjoy your cruise and the dancing. We sit on the side lines and watch.

Regards

Alicat58

Thanks, it's actually a "more cruises than last year" upgrade. Brindiamo package was included as an early booking bonus- the whole thing was excellent value even without the upgrade.

"Rules changing daily...", yeah, doesn't surprise me, we'll have to see what happens.

Hi again

Ours is also a more cruises than last year upgrade. I just had a look at my "basket" on the website and the Indentitore drinks package is included with a lovely "0" euros next to it.The weeks price is 321.86 euros a person!

We had to ask for the upgrade though. I looked on the Costa club and it actually says that it's the responsibility of the guest to request it. Initially we were in the balcony cabin we booked. I suggeted(told) husband to call , and there you go, upgraded.

Do you cruise with other lines as well? We've only been with Costa. I am keen to try others but husband feels we get such a good deal that he's not keen.

Alicat58

I usually cruise with dance groups. On most ships, it's entirely whether I think the organiser has put together a good package, I would never go on my own. For example, even with a group, I was so bored with Holland America on one transatlantic I nearly jumped ship in FunchaL.

I've been on Cunard several times. The food is definitely better and the other passengers speak (more or less) the same language I do, but their prices are much higher. My own experience with the music was mediocre to abysmal, so I pretty much switched to Costa, but I've been hearing good things recently and I'm thinking of giving them another try.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Hi Bob

I smiled at the thought of jumping ship. That must have been dire. I saw some photos in a review of the mats they put out on HAL-reminder of date and day.

I thought maybe long after retirement I'll try them.

Regards

Alicat58