Golf? Siciliy/Messina?

skiiergirl

Has anyone golfed in Sicily (messina) while in port? If so...please give me all of the info you can share. Which course? How was it? How far was it...time/$ from the cruise pier? Do they have "riding carts"? Would you play it again?

Any and all info greatly appreciated!

My husband is a very keen golfer and has played in Sicily but not from a cruise. Golf is rarely played by the locals in Sicily and most players are tourists, lots of Germans from what we saw. There are only about four decent courses in Sicily and the nearest I know to Messina is Il Picciolo, situated between Randazzo and Taormina. The town is Castiglione Di Sicilia and Google tells me it is 75 kilometres or 1 hour and 18 minutes from Messina. It is a really beautiful location and they had carts but I think you could also walk. Cannot remember the price (DH has already left for golf) but he haggled with them and they reduced it (he was born in Sicily!!)

You can actually get a helicopter transfer there so if you want more details, best contact them via their website.

• 4 months later...
My husband is a very keen golfer and has played in Sicily but not from a cruise. Golf is rarely played by the locals in Sicily and most players are tourists, lots of Germans from what we saw. There are only about four decent courses in Sicily and the nearest I know to Messina is Il Picciolo, situated between Randazzo and Taormina. The town is Castiglione Di Sicilia and Google tells me it is 75 kilometres or 1 hour and 18 minutes from Messina. It is a really beautiful location and they had carts but I think you could also walk. Cannot remember the price (DH has already left for golf) but he haggled with them and they reduced it (he was born in Sicily!!)

You can actually get a helicopter transfer there so if you want more details, best contact them via their website.

Thanks so very much!!!!

Anyone else with additional info?

Appreciate all of the info I can get!!!!