Costa cabin 9005 on Diadema

waterfall9

Hi everyone, we are new to cruising and are doing our first cruise with Costa in March 2018 7 nights marvellous Mediterranean, I did what I thought was enough research before booking and our cabin is important to us on this occasion. We have booked a suite - no 9005, as we are booking so far ahead we had lots of choice, this is a front cabin on deck 9. Our other option was deck 7. I wondered if anyone has ever used this particular cabin and can comment on it, in particular the balcony size and view, I have seen some online pics which show there may be an obstruction but its very difficult to tell, it also on the deck plans doesnt look the same size as the suites to the ship side, I called Costa who said it is the same balcony size as the other suites and not obstructed but just looking for a little more reassurance if anyone has been in this or 9006 as they are the same.

We dont get sea sick btw so any position would be ok just would like some nice views and balcony. I think we are above the captain bit (sorry dont know all terminology yet) and dont appear to have cabins above until the next deck above the captain which I think is the Samsara cabins, if anyone has any information Id be very grateful. TIA

Edited by waterfall9

2018 how on earth did you manage to book that, I can't even find a cruise for next May without the site Freezing, Costa is renowned for slowness of bringing out next years cruises.

Grand Suites are the largest mainly aft, all other suites are roughly the same size, decks 5/6/7 are mid-ships and are really nice, close to lifts and very quiet. Best views will always be aft as these overhang the stern without any obstruction. Given choice always choose those although they are more expensive.

The suites at the Bow in particular 9005 are classed as Grand and is situated to the side so you will not be obstructed to the side but maybe slightly below as the Bridge sticks out so that the crew Captain & like can see the whole length of the ship when docking.

The Diadema is a nice ship meals taken in the Samsara or Club restaurant for Suite guests, but really the main dinning room is okay mid-ships if you want company for evening meals see Maître D' or ask your Butler to get it changed for you. Wine Bar deck 5 best for English guests in the evening quiet music you can chat over.

Meant to say deck seven has the Grand Suites Amidships & will only give you one view, a pain when it is dockside in a container port.

Edited by tenpin
Added extra info

Hello OP. Sorry cant help on what your Suite cabin is like as we've never had a suite. Been upgraded to a Panoramic Suite for our Upcoming cruise to Dubai on the neo-riviera next month.

We have sailed on the Diadema and can confirm what tenpin said about the ship. we had a samsara cabin there and loved all aspects of the ship. Happy cruising. :)

Don't know what's happening tenpin, but we too have booked a sailing to the caribbean on the Costa Pacifica for March 2018.

Ty tenpin for your reply, booking was a nightmare as I soon found out from nearby travel agents we cant do it that way anymore so no brochures to be had, trying to then compare costs etc for different cabins and packages on Costa took hours. Wish I had found this site earlier.

I think from what good information you have given I will stick with where we are I liked the price and the package. We will try the other dining areas definitely Costa said we could and didnt have to stick to the Club Diadema which we are assigned to we like to try different foods.

bazbov panoramic view sounds wonderful and so does Dubai :) we are just doing a week Med to see if we like the cruise holiday type, I really want to do a far east cruise but before paying all that money we have stayed closer to home.

• 2 months later...

hi op we will be doing this cruise as well! do you also speak english? would be nice to sit together during dinner and kinda keep in touch / same with other english speakers. What excursions are you doing? hotel city will you be staying at? flying from?? us California. Hotel in Iceland!

hi op we will be doing this cruise as well! do you also speak english? would be nice to sit together during dinner and kinda keep in touch / same with other english speakers. What excursions are you doing? hotel city will you be staying at? flying from?? us California. Hotel in Iceland!

You will be seated with English speakers if selecting fixed dinning when completing on line check in. If you dislike table or dining time see Maître D deck four after boarding to get things changed. He/she is there from 4.00pm usually. You can choose table size and times on line when filling in your details, but these are not always met.

Try Shoreexcurtions.com if you get in touch with others on your cruise who would like to share tour costs, they often do same tours at a lower price.

One other thing about the Diadema, when we were on they had a great package for 60 Euros for all four specialty restaurants, Asian, Club, Samsara & Pizza.

We tried all four (although in a Suite) just to see how they worked, very impressed with all, service much better than elsewhere on the ship.

Hi yes we are English and boarding in Barcelona where we are staying for a couple of days prior to the Cruise. Would be good to meet up :) Not planned fully our excursions but definites for us are Rome, Monaco and Monte Carlo and still looking at others. We are flying from Uk.