How to find Seabourn UK's real time cruise fare?

ct-andy

I just go to the Seabourn cruise line website and the sterling prices come up - but I live in the UK. Presumably this makes a difference? I am sure someone will know? I guess it is connected to where in the world you are.

Then of course I look at the price from a couple of the well known Seabourn UK agents, also in sterling and cheaper by a few per cent!

I recall that it used to be possible, at least back in 2010 or so, to get pricing in currencies other than the home-based one on seabourn's website (at least on its US website). But that has not been possible for several years. This must be to discourage arbitrage, especially in the days of post-Brexit vote and the dramatically weakened GBP.

OP: If you have friends in the UK, just ask them (or a UK-based agent, obviously) to look up GBP pricing for your chosen journeys.

Edited by sfvoyage

OP: If you have friends in the UK, just ask them (or a UK-based agent, obviously) to look up GBP pricing for your chosen journeys.

My friend who is working at UK did check the site for me, but strangely it shows EURO prices...

Because my UK agent told me that US fare is not = to UK fare, one can not simply convert it with current exchange rate. UK fare is higher thank US

For example back in September I got an quote for 14 Days 14-DAY EXOTIC CARIBBEAN IN-DEPTH

USD 4999,my UK TA told me its £4041 Per Person

According to x-rates.com convert to Pounds will be £3,841.48

So UK's price is £200 more than US.

==========================

I called Seabourn UK directly just now and got an quote for 6 March Encore.

V4 US$5999 and Seabourn UK£4765.85

Strangely the exchange rate is roughly the same this time :confused:

Computers always know where you are in the world and adjust all sorts of things. This can be inconvenient and annoying. For instance, my home page is always the BBC yet on my recent Seabourn Caribbean cruise my home page changed to BBC America and my local UK weather always defaulted to New York. Prices were always in US$.

I think maybe our friend in Taiwan fancies paying in UK sterling because of its recent collapse . . . but that will be difficult as long as his computer knows where he is.

It's an Orwellian world.

Edited by Fletcher

I think maybe our friend in Taiwan fancies paying in UK sterling because of its recent collapse . . . but that will be difficult as long as his computer knows where he is. It's an Orwellian world.

Its my 4th booking with this UK TA and with recent UK exchange rate that's even better :D

Edited by ct-andy

My friend who is working at UK did check the site for me, but strangely it shows EURO prices...

This sounds strange, indeed. The UK website should show UK pricing exclusively. Perhaps there was a glitch or some other explanation...

This is in response to ct-andy's post #5 above, which I tried to "quote" but the quoted text failed to show up here.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also strange, indeed. Your first example must also be an error; UK pricing should be better than - or the same as - US pricing, not worse.

Last year, UK pricing was substantially better (when paid in USD), since Seabourn didn't adjust their UK pricing despite the weakened GBP. Recently, it seems Seabourn has started normalizing the pricing, albeit not uniformly across all sailings, and so the benefit of booking in GBP and paying in USD is no longer as attractive as before.

Edited by sfvoyage

This is in response to ct-andy's post #5 above, which I tried to "quote" but the quoted text failed to show up here.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also strange, indeed. Your first example must also be an error; UK pricing should be better than - or the same as - US pricing, not worse.

I though it was an error too, but my UK TA told me what he have quoted is 100% correct. :confused:

Thats why I want to know where I can find current Seabourn's UK official fare. But I think the easiest way is call SB UK directly.

Yes - and look at the websites of several UK agents, who presumably would give you a better 'deal' than booking direct with Seabourn UK? Comparisons are always useful. I note you say that you are able to book through a UK agent.

I though it was an error too, but my UK TA told me what he have quoted is 100% correct. :confused:

Thats why I want to know where I can find current Seabourn's UK official fare. But I think the easiest way is call SB UK directly.

Very strange, indeed. Is that quote for a voyage that's still for sale? If so, and if you'd like, let me know the date and I can check with my TA.