MSC Divina-The good, the bad & the ugly

jimmymed3

Liked the review and the videos...

Think this ship will be perfect for the Caribbean.

Done two with Carnival, and looking back based on the food, and it was good, but it was like eating food is any place in the USA. You know steak, Yukon gold potatoes...But we go away not to have same same , but different...and think based on what we have read, this could be a great balance...

I still dont have my docs. Even tried the Chrome browser suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I rec'd our E-docs in an email last evening... we cruise a month from today :D

Thanks for this great informative review. Love your vlogs as well, great way to show off the beautiful ship. Really looking forward to our cruise.

I booked with a TA and got my docs via email from MSC.

About two weeks later I got my docs from my TA also.

If you're a participant in your roll call, I usually ask there if anyone has gotten their's, then I know to be on the look-out for mine.

Edited by mafig

We cruised MSC Divina last April. Our experience in the MDR for beverages was as follows:

My husband prefers coffee and my daughter's boyfriend prefers a diet cola drink with their meals. I drink water and my daughter drinks water and wine. After the first night, the coffee (a small pot) and cola were brought to the table as soon as we sat down, water (tap) was poured immediately and my daughter was asked her wine choice for the night (she had a drink package).

I don't know about the mixed drink policy in the MDR, but on the night when there were free drinks in the bars before dinner, those drinks could not be carried into the MDR. They were collected at the door as one entered the MDR.

One of the other things that MSC hold true to their Italian heritage is that the abomination know as garlic bread is not served anywhere on the ship. Garlic bread is strictly a quasi "Italian" US invention.

We cruised MSC Divina last April. Our experience in the MDR for beverages was as follows:

One of the other things that MSC hold true to their Italian heritage is that the abomination know as garlic bread is not served anywhere on the ship. Garlic bread is strictly a quasi "Italian" US invention.

Same thing about dipping bread in olive oil. I've always wondered how that "Italian" custom was adopted in the US?

Same thing about dipping bread in olive oil. I've always wondered how that "Italian" custom was adopted in the US?

I have wondered the same thing. The first time I ate at an "Italian" restaurant and olive oil was placed on the table, I asked what it was for. The waiter explained to me that Italians dipped their bread in olive oil instead of spreading butter on their bread. My response was " What Italy does that? The one in Europe or the same one that serves garlic bread with pizza and pasta?"

Good that you finally got them, now you can relax. I just got another PDF file with the same info except this one has the Black designation included.

Enjoy your cruise.

Cheers,

We got the same thing! After the first, I said there is nothing here that says we are Black members, then the second email came!

Looking forward to cruising with you all.

Im glad things are getting worked out for you all! Im sure you are going to have a great time!

We have finally finished day 4 of our vlog! So much footage to trim down.

We were in Saint Maarten and it was our favorite stop.

Enjoy!

Jimmy

http://www.ChubbyAndAway.com

You're so good to us Jimmy, thanks so much for all your time and effort. I know you and your lovely wife enjoy doing it (it's obvious) and we appreciate it very much. I love it when we end meeting great people on our cruises, just adds to the fun. Well done!!

Cheers,

We got the same thing! After the first, I said there is nothing here that says we are Black members, then the second email came!

Looking forward to cruising with you all.

Looking forward to meeting you all as well... can't wait; not packed yet but .... got our bags out and my summer stuff is ready to pack already. Can't decide how many dresses to take .. :p :o

Hi there,

Just to say - we've been really enjoying watching your vlog on the Divina! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to do it! :)

Just watched your St Maarten day - Wow! amazing!!!!

We are new to cruising, and next April we are coming over from the United Kingdom to Miami to cruise on the Divina - it will be our very first cruise ever! :eek:

Your vlog has given us so many tips, and such a great rounded insight - really can't wait now, we're sure we are going to just love it!!

Thanks again to both of you! :D

Hi jimmymed3. There will be 7 of us going in April. Thanks for all the info in your video's very helpful. I think I saw in one of them you went to formal night. Did they serve lobster that night, or any other night for that matter, in the MDR? How about shrimp cocktail? My son loves it and would get it as his app every night. Thanks

Hi jimmymed3. There will be 7 of us going in April. Thanks for all the info in your video's very helpful. I think I saw in one of them you went to formal night. Did they serve lobster that night, or any other night for that matter, in the MDR? How about shrimp cocktail? My son loves it and would get it as his app every night. Thanks

Mary Lou has posted re this in the thread above. They are now at an extra cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, they don't offer lobster or shrimp cocktail with the regular menu anymore. Sounds like it used to be included but now it's not. You have to order it for a fee. They did have steak and shrimp one night, but it was literally one shrimp. So make sure you ask for more when ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like they skimp on the shrimp. I think I read the steaks are pretty small too. I'll make sure to order three so I can at least feel full.

We are also eating on Eataly and Galaxy while on board. Maybe there's a lobster in my future in one of those places.

Speaking of small meal portion, MDR would only give you one single dinner roll instead of a full basket you get in some main stream American lines. That said, Divina does have great pizza. I would sometimes head up to Lido for round 2 right after my evening dinner.

Hi Jimmymed3 and Amanda.......my husband and I just watched day 4. I must say, you guys do a fabulous job giving us information, awesome pictures, etc. Looking forward to the next video!! Your website is wonderful as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge!!

Im glad things are getting worked out for you all! Im sure you are going to have a great time!

We have finally finished day 4 of our vlog! So much footage to trim down.

We were in Saint Maarten and it was our favorite stop.

Enjoy!

Jimmy

www.ChubbyAndAway.com