Live Epic Blog 12/3/16

In the evening, go by Maltings and visit either Sunil or Fernando (heck, why not both?!) for some great service and delicious beverages. You know how much I normally love Shakers, but for that recent week back on Epic, my Go-To spot definitely changed.

Continue having a fun time during your cruise week!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I certainly will! Thanks Don.

Day 4 Jamaica

Got up early to watch the ship pull into port. Last night around 10 or 11pm the ship sailed into warmer waters and you can FEEL it!! *We ate a delicious breakfast of cinnamon raisin french toast, pancakes, sausage and bacon. Mmmm mmmm.

Met are group down at O'Sheehans and headed out to Turtle River Falls. Still as amazing as I remember it. I especially enjoyed climbing some of the falls, hiding behind one of the falls in a small cave, and overall the beauty and ambiance of the place. It is gorgeous everywhere you look, trees, flowers, birds, butterflies, dragonflies, and the never ending cascading water.

Back at the balcony I am relaxing in the room on the bed which is much more comfortable.

Quick check on prices, 16 ounces blue Mountain coffee is 40 USD at port (two 8 Oz bags), 25 USD at Gem Palace, and 20 USD at Supermarket.

Going hunting for Canvas for U info tonight

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S

I can't understand the lengthy boarding process. You would think they would have it together by now. I have sailed out of PC 4 times, once on Carnival several years ago, and 3 times on Disney. Zero waiting on Disney, not at the curb drop off, inside at security, or at check-in. This was even so on the mega ship Fantasy. Maybe whoever is in charge of the pier, as well as NCL, should look at their process for pointers.

Regarding your excursion in Jamaica, did you book this through the ship?

Thanks for your review and answers to my questions!

I've sailed out of PC at least 10 times and it is always so easy and quick.

I also don't understand what needs to be ironed out by NCL or the port itself but you would think this would be settled by now.

To the OP, a little off topic, was there a lot of paperwork involver for your husband to get knighted ?

I can't understand the lengthy boarding process. You would think they would have it together by now. I have sailed out of PC 4 times, once on Carnival several years ago, and 3 times on Disney. Zero waiting on Disney, not at the curb drop off, inside at security, or at check-in. This was even so on the mega ship Fantasy. Maybe whoever is in charge of the pier, as well as NCL, should look at their process for pointers.

Regarding your excursion in Jamaica, did you book this through the ship?

Thanks for your review and answers to my questions!

Hi. This is all the port authority. We had 4 ships in port and traffic flow is an issue. Once you get to NCL'S section it's a breeze.

I've sailed out of PC at least 10 times and it is always so easy and quick.

I also don't understand what needs to be ironed out by NCL or the port itself but you would think this would be settled by now.

To the OP, a little off topic, was there a lot of paperwork involver for your husband to get knighted ?

Very little paperwork involved. You just have to save a damsel in distress, which he did by marrying me, and go to Scotland. :)

Things that are not always so fantastic - but may be funny to others:

So when we get back I decide I'm going to relax on the balcony. I strip down and say, "Hey Troy I am going to go outside naked for all Jamaica to see." ( which is really no one without spy powered binoculars, so I think). He replies, " And anyone walking past our cabin." I turn in horror to see the door is wide open to our cabin. :eek: I just hope I didn't bend down...

:o:o:o

I put the excursion together with Peat Taylor Tours. I have been using him for awhile. It is Turtle River Falls, which used to be the Enchanted Gardens and is only a mile from the port. It's mostly uphill so having a driver makes life better and safer. We each paid 35 USD which included admission, transport, bird food for feeding, and bottled water. Everyone had a great time which makes me happy. There was 14 in our guided group, plus one other group of 8 so it felt like we had the place to ourselves. We also stopped for shopping and patties. I recommend the beef and cheese.

Things that are not always so fantastic - but may be funny to others:

So when we get back I decide I'm going to relax on the balcony. I strip down and say, "Hey Troy I am going to go outside naked for all Jamaica to see." ( which is really no one without spy powered binoculars, so I think). He replies, " And anyone walking past our cabin." I turn in horror to see the door is wide open to our cabin. :eek: I just hope I didn't bend down...

:o:o:o

Too Funny! Thanks for sharing, we are enjoying your trip and look forward to reading about the rest of your adventures. Enjoy!!!

Day 4 Evening

Had another delicious dinner at Cagneys. This time we both got Surf and Turf and the steaks and shrimp were cooked perfectly to our taste. Troy had the 7 layer chocolate cake again and I had the decadent brownie with macadamia nut ice cream. Oh my gosh, so much goodness in every bite, I'm going to weigh a ton by the time I am off the ship.

I enjoyed a delicious Bushwacker, and met another amazing bartender whose name I can't pronounce. I have a picture of him though. He also works at Maltings, so maybe someone you know Don? I met him on Deck 5 by the macaroons.

Excited winner of Deal or No Deal won over $400 and is close to us on our deck. I asked them if they won big and they turned around and I'm like, oh yes it's you!!! Other player won $135.*

Troy is off playing Craps with the money he won and I'm about to lounge outside.

Also went to the Art Gallery and found two paintings I'm in love with. I'm very picky so it's rare I love one, let alone two.

Next is info about Canvas for U

Canvas for U

Cost is $35pp

Paint your own canvas class, aka painting party

Registration time is listed in Freestyle Dailies and you go to the atrium 15 to 20 minutes before to get a spot.

There are only 20 spots per day.

It is a different medium each session

There are a few sessions each sailing.

I am enjoying your Epic live! We just got off of the Epic on the day you got on! My mom and I were in room 12263! My son was in a studio room 12567. Unfortunately he left his shoes under the bed when we left. ;( I called the lost and found but they have not been turned in. I have a feeling they won't be found unless someone crawls under the bed to find them. If you have a spare moment, could you ask the room steward in that hall (12567)to please check for his shoes and turn them into lost and found? I would be forever grateful!

Day 5

I am going to explode. Food is going to come out of my ears, my toes, my fingers, my eyes. No, I really haven't been eating everything but I am not used to desert after lunch, or any lunch at all most days. The food here is delicious. I have to admit I was dissapointed the first day I went to the Buffet, but now I have scoped out the nooks and the crannies and have found some really good eats. Today I had a lentil curry with Roti, made your way Pho with pork and rice noodles, strawberry and rhubarb cobbler, and pistachio ice cream with butterscotch. Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmm

We went to Stingray City which was both beautiful and dissapointing. We took a tour through Captain Marvins as they are known for good ships and great staff. It started out with a quick downpour and a group that "saved seats" for each other so it was a bit difficult to get an open spot. There was just enough room for everyone and they had plenty of fins. At each stop they gave quick instructions before getting in. There were 42 in our group plus crew.

*Stingray City started out nice and I put my mask on so I could check out the rays. They are so cool and we had about 6 large ones swimming around us plus two smaller ones. I also just love how blue the ocean is. About 5 minutes later I was asked to move out of the way for pictures. So I stop swimming and wait for my turn to hold the rays, and wait, and wait, and wait. There was a group of 17 together 14 adults plus kids and once one couple got done they would call another over, and then the kids, and everyone with Grandma. You get the idea. The guide had us sitting there waiting instead of telling them no and letting us have a turn. Finally one of the other guides saw this and came over to help me feed the ray. He was very patient as it took me three times to get my courage up. Finally, I fed a ray by myself in the Ocean. I was so happy and excited!*

We had two more snorkeling stops which were nice but also a little difficult with the amount of people. I'm used to a group of 20. I have no idea how they make it work with the cruise ship tours as it looks like they have a LOT more. There was one more incident with a group member which I won't write about, but then I grabbed a spot by the side and dangled my feet off the boat with a lovely gal on our way back. That was my favorite part. Reminded me of sailing it was so relaxing.

We purchased our Vanilla Tortuga Rum and called it a day. Vanilla Tortuga Rum is the best rum in the world, seriously!

BTW, there were tender lines but they weren't horrible. About a 20 to 30 minute wait to get on the tender at the busiest time.

Nap time...

I am enjoying your Epic live! We just got off of the Epic on the day you got on! My mom and I were in room 12263! My son was in a studio room 12567. Unfortunately he left his shoes under the bed when we left. ;( I called the lost and found but they have not been turned in. I have a feeling they won't be found unless someone crawls under the bed to find them. If you have a spare moment, could you ask the room steward in that hall (12567)to please check for his shoes and turn them into lost and found? I would be forever grateful!

I certainly will.