Steps on Getaway

bltrn

Can someone tell me how many steps there are to get to Vibe Beach Club? I heard there is no elevator that goes there. Hubby is handicapped.

You were misinformed. There is an elevator that does go that deck.

There are eight (8) passenger elevators in the forward section of the ship. Just one of them (they are marked) will take you to the same deck as the Vibe.

You have to go up one flight on the Getaway

There is no elevator to that floor

There is a chairlift on the exterior stairs to assist handicapped but I never saw it in use

We were on the Getaway this week. The other poster may be thinking of the Escape which does have one elevator car that goes to that deck. Not on the Getaway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Edited by vjl67

Was in breakaway nov20 and layout is the same. There is NO elevator. There is one additional flight with a staircase chair that I have never seen being used (sailed over 10 x on breakaway and getaway), however there is a behind the scenes service elevator that the bartenders from the Vibe can access for you. I would leave my mom outside elevator, walk up and ask them to get her. They also brought her down. Happy to do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

From what i was told you have to get someone to help with the lift when you want to use it. I am going on the Getaway in February and I am confined to a wheelchair and of having to find someone when you have to go up or down the deck is way to out of my control so No Vibe pass or upgrading to a Haven room (which shares the same deck as the Vibe) for me

From what i was told you have to get someone to help with the lift when you want to use it. I am going on the Getaway in February and I am confined to a wheelchair and of having to find someone when you have to go up or down the deck is way to out of my control so No Vibe pass or upgrading to a Haven room (which shares the same deck as the Vibe) for me

The elevators do go to the decks that the Haven is on. There is no reason for you not to be in The Haven. You can still get to The Haven restaurant, lounge and pool area - you will not be able to get to the sundeck without assistance, but then it is sunny in the pool area.

The elevators do go to the decks that the Haven is on. There is no reason for you not to be in The Haven. You can still get to The Haven restaurant, lounge and pool area - you will not be able to get to the sundeck without assistance, but then it is sunny in the pool area.

But I did some investigating on the only wheelchair accessible Haven room the balcony is so small that I doubt a wheelchair could even use it. I will stick with my M1 room on the back

But I did some investigating on the only wheelchair accessible Haven room the balcony is so small that I doubt a wheelchair could even use it. I will stick with my M1 room on the back

There were several people in wheelchairs on our Breakaway cruise in The Haven - not sure what suites they were in - I didn't ask them. JMO, but given all there is on offer in the Haven and the fact you can get to an open deck just outside the door of the Haven, I'm not sure that going out on the balcony would be all that important compared to having all the Haven amenities at your fingertips and everything being so incredibly convenient plus the really great service. However, I'm sure you know what is important to you on a cruise and maybe the balcony is your priority.

17 steps, or at least that was how many on the Breakaway.

I also have health issues and thought twice about getting the Vibe passes. I just had to stop and catch my breath at the top before going into Vibe.

I was told there was a freight elevator and I saw the chair lift at the steps but I'm not in a wheelchair.

There were several people in wheelchairs on our Breakaway cruise in The Haven - not sure what suites they were in - I didn't ask them. JMO, but given all there is on offer in the Haven and the fact you can get to an open deck just outside the door of the Haven, I'm not sure that going out on the balcony would be all that important compared to having all the Haven amenities at your fingertips and everything being so incredibly convenient plus the really great service. However, I'm sure you know what is important to you on a cruise and maybe the balcony is your priority.

You are correct, a balcony for me is a must. Sure the haven with all it perks would be great, but for twice the price being able to have a separate bar and restaurant was not worth it. The open deck would be nice , uncrowded but no view of the ocean

You are correct, a balcony for me is a must. Sure the haven with all it perks would be great, but for twice the price being able to have a separate bar and restaurant was not worth it. The open deck would be nice , uncrowded but no view of the ocean

If you look at the area on 16 outside the elevator lobby both port and starboard on Breakaway and Getaway, it is marked SunDeck - this is the area I was talking about and yes, you can definitely see the ocean from there - it's just the public sun deck. The area near the elevator lobby doors on 16 tends to be fairly quiet.

Deck 17 is where the private Haven sundeck is (no cabins, just the balcony area around the Haven Pool and then a door to go out to the sundeck.) You need to go up and down stairs for that area as far as I know (but I was not looking for a different way to get up there so there might be a chair stairway lift type thing that I didn't even notice. It would be worth asking about.)

Here's a video of the accessible penthouse in The Haven:

Yeah, I agree, the balcony is just average size. It's too bad one of the Owner's Suites is not accessible - they have HUGE balconies!

I'm going to be on the accessible penthouse in the Haven next week with my MIL who has limited mobility and will be using a scooter for most movement. If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll do my best to investigate!

I've read of the stair lift that goes from 16 up to the Vibe and Haven sun deck on 17 and also of the crew elevator that they'll let you use. I'm hoping that MIL will take full advantage of these options and not just sit in the cabin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be on the accessible penthouse in the Haven next week with my MIL who has limited mobility and will be using a scooter for most movement. If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll do my best to investigate!

I've read of the stair lift that goes from 16 up to the Vibe and Haven sun deck on 17 and also of the crew elevator that they'll let you use. I'm hoping that MIL will take full advantage of these options and not just sit in the cabin!

Please let me know if they will allow someone to use the crew elevator. My DH uses a scooter as his mobility is quite limited!

I am on the BA right now and can confirm that they will take Haven guests up the crew elevator to the Vibe and the Haven sun deck!

It was quite a painless process, if a little time consuming on embarkation day (that elevator will be used for luggage).

I assume non-Haven Vibe passengers can get the same treatment.

Enjoy your cruise!