Royal Inside Staterooms

Golfer5280

Is anyone familiar with these cabins? I am thinking about booking one for my family of four (adults) and am hesitating only because I don't know if it would be too small for us. Very little time would be spent in the room but I don't want it to be unbearable. Thanks for any help you can lend!

Just a suggestion as this would be more $$$ but the Royal has some connecting inside cabins...DD and family (2 adults, two children) had two of these for our Med. cruise on the Royal and it just worked out great...having two bathrooms is priceless.

The connecting cabins are shown on princess.com with a little door symbol and if you decide to go that route, assuming they are available, be sure to mark your reservation "do not upgrade". I would definitely price out this option...since you are already paying extra for the third and fourth person in cabin, it may not be as much extra as you would think.

Isn't the cost of two inside cabins with two people in each about the same as one inside cabin with four people?

Why would you want to put four adults into just one cabin unless there is a big price advantage?

Isn't the cost of two inside cabins with two people in each about the same as one inside cabin with four people?

Why would you want to put four adults into just one cabin unless there is a big price advantage?

3rd and 4th are less. I might consider if there are children but not with 4 adults. :)

Hi,

We sailed on the maiden voyage of the Royal Princess from Southampton to Barcelona (June 16 to 23) in an inside cabin (R330). This cabin was fine for the two of us, but I don't think it would be very pleasant for four adults. I agree with the posts above. If possible, I recommend getting two inside cabins. I think all of you would enjoy the cruise a lot more.

Chuck

Does anyone have any pictures of the inside cabins on M deck that look like they are sideways? We have M224 booked and wondered what the arrangement is.

Hi,

We sailed on the maiden voyage of the Royal Princess in one of these "sideways" inside cabins (R330). In our cabin, the door was near the beds. The closet and bathroom were off to the side. Unlike most cabins, when you enter the cabin, you do not walk by the closet and bathroom on the way to the bedroom area. The room was fairly spacious and there was adequate storage space.

Chuck

Does anyone have any pictures of the inside cabins on M deck that look like they are sideways? We have M224 booked and wondered what the arrangement is.

Thanks

The sideways cabins will all be the same regardless of which deck they are on. The big difference will be the orientation of the bed, meaning whether the head of the bed is facing aft or facing towards the bow.

Here are some pictures originally taken by Host Sharon along with a floor plan from the Princess Cruises website altered to show the correct location of the door. The cabin runs parallel to to the corridor, and in the picture at bottom left you can see that the door is open and the blue caret of the corridor is visible.

9642780992_04dc4a7287_z.jpg

More pics by FlynnRider78

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38798951&postcount=279

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38803468&postcount=317

The sideways cabins will all be the same regardless of which deck they are on. The big difference will be the orientation of the bed, meaning whether the head of the bed is facing aft or facing towards the bow.

Here are some pictures originally taken by Host Sharon along with a floor plan from the Princess Cruises website altered to show the correct location of the door. The cabin runs parallel to to the corridor, and in the picture at bottom left you can see that the door is open and the blue caret of the corridor is visible.

9642780992_04dc4a7287_z.jpg

To me the arrangement of the parallel cabins on the Grand class ships is much better.

a) The desk is to the side of the bed.

b) Where the desk/closet is on the Royal there is a counter on the Grand Class with storage in the bottom part.

c) There were two closets, both with doors.

101_1767EmeraldPrincessCabinR515_zpsb0788c2e.jpg

101_1769EmeraldPrincessCabinR515_zpse878bdcc.jpg

And with the closet doors open

101_1770EmeraldPrincessCabinR515_zps8202b235.jpg

We only booked an interior once for 2 adults on the Caribbean Princess. Our teenage sons were booked in their own interior room. My wife and I made due with the room but honestly if it wasn't for the mirrored wall behind the bed to give the room an illusion of being larger and to throw off more light I think we would have been scratching at the walls. I can't imagine 4 adults sharing an interior. The room would even be smaller with the upper berths down. One person would have to sit in bed while waiting to use the bathroom as there are only 2 chairs in the room one being the desk chair. Maybe if I were in my 20's traveling with friends I could deal with the situation better but now I have become spoiled in my 52yrs of old age.

We always book inside on RCCL and its fine for the two of us. You can survive if the other 2 are children or even young teens, otherwise I wouldn't chance it myself. Good luck.

RC cabins are larger than Princess. I think you would be cramped with 4 on Princess.

Thank you for the pictures. It will be interesting to see this arrangement. We have always had an inside cabin on Caribe deck on the Grand class ships.

This time I wanted to try mariner deck which will give us easy access to the pool deck, etc.

Looking forward to our cruise on the Royal.

Archived