Divorced Parent Cruising w/child

slapulator

Does anyone know if MSC has a form or what the requirments are from the other parent to take our child on the cruise with us? We have done it with NCL and they have a form and want a letter from the other parent. I have not been able to find any info on the MSC USA website about this.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the link for the form. I didn't even think about that. I am taking my 3 kids on a cruise this summer - but only one is under 18. Guess I will have his Dad sign and have just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just sounding in late here. I was never asked for the form despite extensive travel. I didn't look at the link provided, but there used to be a standard form somewhere on I think the website where you get passports. Although I was never asked, a friend of mine had to call her ex and get him to make one out and sign in front of a Notary. That much he was willing to do, but he bulked at driving it five hours to the port so I ended up doing it for her. Based on that experience, evidently sometimes some people are asked.

Edited by TravelinGert

• 7 months later...

Just checking back in now....I didn't do the above mentioned form and didn't need it, was with my 14 year old son and adult daughters.

BUT - when booking an excursion through the Ship (while already onboard) that crossed the Canadian border- it said I must have signed permission if both parents are not with the minor. The agent said to just have his Dad write out that he gave his permission to go on the train ride from X to Z on such a date with his mother and to take a picture of the note along with his ID. Ex was thorough and did hand write a note and included both his drivers license and passport in the photo that he texted to me. Ended up not needing that either, when customs bordered the train and asked for everyone's passports - my son only had his birth certificate and he simply asked his age.

Though I do think may have been different if he was a small child.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is my experience with this. I have a different last name then my daughter. I took a Disney cruise and did not have the letter and was ever asked for it. I just cruised on NCL and I had the letter, they never asked for it. Those 2 cruise lines say that it is not required as long as one parent is with them. BUT Canadian law requires a notarized letter. I drove across the border with the letter, and guess what? They border patrol never asked me for it. Go figure. In the future though I will bring it just in case along with my name change document.