Private tour guide and car in Dubai/Abu Dhabi

Bowie MeMe

We are 3 adults that are first time visitors to UAE. Would like to have contact information for English speaking guide with car/van to guide us for 2 days April 8-10,2017 in Dubai and then 2 days May 2-3, 2017 in Abu Dhabi. If you have information on a guide that you liked would you share please? If you have done Viatour city tour or desert safari tour I'd like your advice also. TIA.

Recently, we had three great days of touring in and around Dubai with a private guide, Aude Granzotto: ags.colours@gmail.com

We were really lucky to find her (she was recommended by the concierge at our Park Hyatt Dubai hotel) and we wholeheartedly recommend her. She is fluent in English and French, and is a licensed guide.

Thank you so much. How was the Park Hyatt? We have a cancellable reservation for the Grand Hyatt in the Dubai Creek area for April 2017.

The Park Hyatt was amazing! After a 30+ hour trip to Dubai, the peace and quiet of that low-key hotel was amazing. The service and food was great. While expensive, we considered it worth every penny.

I am glad I came across this post. We are in Dubai April 1 for a few days before the cruise. From all I read, it's easy to do on your own, however, I would consider a private guide. Do you know how much she charges and is it per day / hour? Also, does she provide transportation? Any additional information is helpful. Thank you.

I am glad I came across this post. We are in Dubai April 1 for a few days before the cruise. From all I read, it's easy to do on your own, however, I would consider a private guide. Do you know how much she charges and is it per day / hour? Also, does she provide transportation? Any additional information is helpful. Thank you.

These were the prices she charged us this past May (NOT per person):

Fees per hour 200AED

Extra charge of 300 AED for outside Dubai

Current exhange rate is 200 AED = 54.45 USD.

The extra charge outside Dubai was when we went one of our days touring into the countryside. Well worth it all.

She has her own SUV, which is very comfortable and air-conditioned.

Aude is a trained architect, and has some special insights into the architecture of Dubai.

While some say Dubai is very easy to do on one's own, for us, the value of a guide is to create efficiency, knowledgeably, and flexibility in the touring. It is priceless.

Edited by notjaded

• 1 month later...
Thank you so much. We have a cancellable reservation for the Grand Hyatt in the Dubai Creek area for April 2017.

Hi. You didn't ask about other hotels, but we just returned from Dubai, and spent a few days at Radisson Blu Deira Creek, Dubai. If you are looking for a nice, just remodeled, reasonably priced hotel in a good location, this would be one option. It is on the creek, with 99% of balconies looking at water. The pool area was finished while we were there, and is perfect.

It is within walking distance of the "subway"an elevated El), and bus station. There's a Hop-on/Hop-off Double Decker bus stop across street from hotel(also BigBus stops there). Walking distance of Spice Souk. And taxiis at hotel.

They offer a package that includes breakfasts, cocktail hours, access to rooftop lounge, limosine airport service, upgraded room,etc.

Just a thought.(I receive no compensation. Lol:-))