Viking Danube Waltz docking schedule available anywhere?

MarylandCruiser123

Later this month we're doing the Viking Danube Waltz from Budapest to Passau. But we can't seem to find any schedule more detailed than the one here. I know some of the stops are all day and some are evening only. I'd like to be able to plan a bit more on what to do in town but that's hard without an actual arrival/departure schedule.

Is there a site that I'm missing with this information?

River cruise schedules tend to be a bit loosey-goosey. Depends on a number of things - river traffic, how backed up the locks are, mechanical breakdown of the locks, water levels, and some reasons I can't even think of right now. ALL river cruise companies are loath to publish specific, to the hour and minute schedules because of the variables.

What I learned about planning free time so far from the one RC I have done is: Have a plan, but also be flexible, and have some contingencies just in case things don't go exactly as you thought they would.

P.S. - we did the "Romantic Danube" cruise with Viking in 2013 and loved it.

Edited by Cary Cruiser

This was my biggest complaint about our tiger cruise. Not only can't you get a schedule ahead of time, we weren't even able to rely on the schedule we were given with our documents. For example, the printed schedule said we would arrive after lunch and have time after dinner for a stroll around the old town. Instead, we arrived early morning and sailed after lunch.

My suggestion is to do as Gary suggested and try not to plan too much, you'll be like me and end up disappointed.

My suggestion is to do as Gary suggested and try not to plan too much, you'll be like me and end up disappointed.

No. My suggestion was to HAVE a plan, but also have several "backup" things to do in case your original plan does not pan out. That type of thinking worked out well for me on more than one occasion. And actually, that works well with any type of travel, group or otherwise. Things just don't always go as you expect them to.

Edited by Cary Cruiser

Log into your MyViking Journey, it should have times. Dont forget to choose your excursions.

Times are not listed on My Viking Journey. In fact, times are not listed for excursion except to say Morning, Afternoon or Evening.

One way to get an idea is to use a site like Marinetraffic.com and find and follow a Viking ship on the same itinerary traveling before you go. There's no guarantee that it'll be the same as your trip, and it's a little tedious, but you'll at least get some data.

FuelSciene

Hi fellow river cruisers,

I am trying to touch base with other cruisers who will be taking the Viking Danube Waltz River Cruise from Passau to Budapest on April 18th, 2017. We are extending our trip for the 3 additional days in Budapest and are looking for 2 other people to join us on a full day private tour to the small towns around Budapest on April 27th. Contact me at kathierobinson33@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Thanks.

Kathie

Hi fellow river cruisers,

I am trying to touch base with other cruisers who will be taking the Viking Danube Waltz River Cruise from Passau to Budapest on April 18th, 2017. We are extending our trip for the 3 additional days in Budapest and are looking for 2 other people to join us on a full day private tour to the small towns around Budapest on April 27th. Contact me at kathierobinson33@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Thanks.

Kathie

Have you checked the roll calls board to see if there's a thread for your sailing?

Thanks for all of the replies.

Just call Viking River cruises and they can email you a possible schedule. You have to realize it can change due to traffic on the river and the river. It is a tentative schedule but was glad to get the information.

I haven't thought of that. I'll do it tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...