Seabourn Encore Dimensions

photosg

Hello!

I am now looking forward to Seabourn hospitality again next May on the Encore.

In my extensive research about this new ship I have noticed something very curious. Seabourn seems rather coy about the dimensions of their newest ship.

Yes it's 40,350 tonnes and it has one extra passenger deck to accommodate the extra guests. But what are the exact dimensions? I don't think just the extra deck makes up the 26% increase in space. So my guess is that the ship is both longer and wider too.

Has anyone managed to find information from Seabourn itself as to the dimensions of Encore?

I did a bit of googling around and much of the data seems to assume Encore is the same size as the Odyssey class ships.

This link shows a length of 211m and a beam of 36m.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/SEABOURN-ENCORE-IMO-9731171-MMSI-311000464

The length seems about right but what about the beam? a whole 10m wider than Odyssey?

Seabourn is also remarkably secretive about the size of the suites. For the current ships the square footage is part of the each suites description. For Encore all you get is a floor plan with a disclaimer. Again there are third party sites giving you dimensions but they are copied from odyssey class.

With December 4th a mere weeks away surely the size of the ship and suites are no longer subject to change?

Can anyone help with this mystery?

Great questions! And as it goes, such questions pose even more questions, do they not?

What we do know about Encore is that it's longer than the Ody class ships by 40 feet and wider too. These nuggets of information can be found in the printed brochure but not online. Seems strange to me, but that's the way it is.

And further... the Seabourn website is mysteriously vague about the ship. I would have expected more final artists' renderings during the past few months and some progress photos more recently. I mean, really, and as you said, it's being transfered over to Seabourn in 2 weeks! What are the marketing people doing, anyway?

The one place you can get some information to satisfy your natural curiosity is Encore Captain Mark Dexter's personal blog. Google his name followed by "fat cow" (no kidding) and you will something about this terrific and smart professional and the ship's construction phases.

Happy and healthy cruising!

I personally always prefer to have the printed plans in front of me when thinking about booking - now in the 2017/2018 cruise collection.

I did put some facts about Encore on another thread, but have forgotten which. Anyway, here they are again.

Length 690 ft. width 92 ft. Decks 12.

All suites have verandas, those on deck 5 in V1 and V2 with the part metal railings. Some suites, not specified which, are only 246 sq. ft. plus veranda; the majority are 302 sq. ft. Verandas are from 68 to 83 sq. ft. The plans look identical to the current V1 to V6 suites.

My only other comment on public rooms is that the TK Grill looks fairly large with quite a lot of outside space, and the Colonnade seems to have less outside space, with the one side currently in the open air being now part of the restaurant. The sushi bar looks pretty small.

There are some V1 category suites that are smaller shower only suites.

Six of these on deck 7 , two on deck 9 plus maybe others elsewhere that I haven't noticed on the deck plan.

Unlike on the O class ships these aren't the accessible suites without bath, they are regular suites, just smaller than the others. I suppose these are the 246sq ft suites.

Thank you so much Markham and Lincslady!

if ever in doubt ask cruisecritic!

I'm a little embarrassed that the information has been sitting on my coffee table all this while. I did look into a couple of the many brochures that Seabourn has been sending recently but didn't find anything. After reading your posts I went to rummage through the pile once again and found a beautiful black textured brochure all about Encore and the information was at the back with the deck plans!

as lincslady said: length 690ft and breadth 92ft (which converts to 211 and 28m)

The wider breadth would suggest larger suites (unless they also made them narrower - there are more per deck, although of course the ship is now 12m (40ft) longer) so I assume the general V suites are now 2sqft larger with the deeper balconies too.

I am assuming the smaller Vs mentioned in the brochure are the ones connecting to the high-end suites. They do look smaller in the deck plans.

Also, yes Ab21au, the 36m breadth did look wrong to me too.

Markham thanks too for the tip about Captain Dexter's blog. He does say they want to keep some things a surprise for the official launch. I'm guessing there will be protective covers on right until the last minute so only then will be get to see the "official" (and professionally shot) photos.

I guess I will have to wake up early on 6th January!

cheers!

Isklaar - I bet you are right about the smaller suites in V1 with shower only. This might mean that the actual room is very little smaller, as the bathroom willcertainly be smaller. Anyone who prefers a shower and does not mind being at the bow end might like these. Although they are probably at the same cost as the other V1s.

Just looked at the Encore site - I agree, very vague about lots of things.

Isklaar - I bet you are right about the smaller suites in V1 with shower only. This might mean that the actual room is very little smaller, as the bathroom willcertainly be smaller. Anyone who prefers a shower and does not mind being at the bow end might like these. Although they are probably at the same cost as the other V1s.

Yes, it gives me a dilemma about taking a guarantee suite on Encore.

I don't mind not having an actual bath but I don't like a small bathroom and rooms without windows I can find quite claustrophobic.

On Quest recently I stood in the bathroom and tried to imagine the size of those Encore bathrooms without a bath. It seemed that they would be very small even if they have dual sinks. Not very luxurious IMO!

Hopefully somebody can enlighten us soon with either a photo or description of those suites.

Oh thanks Isklaar for pointing out the shower only suites. I also didn't register that there were more than just the two next to the owner's suites that were smaller.

If it's just the width of the bathtub then the bathroom won't really feel that much smaller - for me most of the time the bathtub was just wasted space.

However even a very generous provision for a bathtub gets you to about 18 or so sqft. So not sure where the rest of the 56 sqft have disappeared to.

Hmm... is it possible that the 302 sqft refers to the accessible suites and the vast majority are nearer to 270 sqft? Making the "average" suite on Encore a downgrade from that on Odyssey?

I really hope not!

Back to Encore V1 shower only dimensions (obviously I have not got enough to do today!), on a careful look at the plans these suites have a narrower hallway outside, meaning they have to be shorter from door to window. Unless the beds are shorter I don't see how they could be narrower in the other direction, as the distance from the foot of the bed to the desk opposite in all veranda suites is only just enough to walk through.

Looking at the illustration of the other veranda suites, they appear to be exactly like the existing ones on Odyssey etc., so my guess is they have to be about 300 sq. ft.