Interior Cabin question MSC Divina

teachv

Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 8002 (interior cabin) on MSC Divina? I am a little concerned as it is located at very front of boat.Only 4 rooms on the hallway. I am afraid of all the motion of the ship being at the very tip of boat. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 8002 (interior cabin) on MSC Divina? I am a little concerned as it is located at very front of boat.Only 4 rooms on the hallway. I am afraid of all the motion of the ship being at the very tip of boat. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

You not quite right in saying "All of the motion of the ship".

Being right forward will result in the cabin being one of the most susceptible to 1 of the 3 directions of motion, i.e. the "pitching or rocking" motion, which is when the ship moves up and down along the axis which is from the bow to the stern.

On the other hand as you are on a low deck you will be one of those least affected by the "rolling motion", which is the side to side motion. This affects the high up decks, (say 14 - 18) far worse than deck 8.

the other motion is "yaw" and that doesn't affect any cabin on its own, but will combine with one or both of the other motions to give a "corkscrew" motion.

When you think they put the most expensive cabins right forward and high up you can relax and inwardly chuckle that those paying the most will suffer most if there is any motion on your cruise.

The ship is very well stabilized and I think you would be unfortunate to meet with bad weather that gave you any problems that affected your cruise adversely.

Hope this puts it in to perspective

Pete

Edited by Skier52