Dubai Hop on Hop off bus stops??

bazzaw

Am wondering how easy it is to find the various hop on hop off bus stops in Dubai. I have the online PDF map of the 3 routes - but it is not really clear to me exactly where the bus stops are - for example it shows that there is a stop at the massive Dubai Mall, but how does one physically find the bus stop. It is possibly even more difficult for some of the smaller places as the stop for a particular sight may not be exactly at that site.

Am wondering how easy it is to find the various hop on hop off bus stops in Dubai. I have the online PDF map of the 3 routes - but it is not really clear to me exactly where the bus stops are - for example it shows that there is a stop at the massive Dubai Mall, but how does one physically find the bus stop. It is possibly even more difficult for some of the smaller places as the stop for a particular sight may not be exactly at that site.

Here are more descriptive explanations of the bus stops on the different routes. In Dubai Mall there are several information desks that can help direct you.

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/dubai/on-the-day/

Here are more descriptive explanations of the bus stops on the different routes. In Dubai Mall there are several information desks that can help direct you.

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/dubai/on-the-day/

Thanks for this lilybob. We will be needing this at the end of next week when we are in Dubai.

I also want to thank you for your many other useful tips and suggestions. They have been very helpful in helping me plan out our time in Dubai and other ports of call in the UAE.

Julie

Thanks for this lilybob. We will be needing this at the end of next week when we are in Dubai.

I also want to thank you for your many other useful tips and suggestions. They have been very helpful in helping me plan out our time in Dubai and other ports of call in the UAE.

Julie

Hmm - I am thinking that these maps only show a VERY approximate stopping position - for example, the Mall of the Emirates is a huge place with roads all the way around it, so unless the bus stops right in the middle of the mall as per the map :), it isn't very helpful :(. It will be 40+ when we are there so I am REALLY trying to find the exact stopping places.

EDIT - aha!!! If you click on the "enlarge" button on the map, the enlarged map then gives you 3 options to select for whichever route you want - selecting one of these gives information about where the stops actually are.

Edited by bazzaw

Julie

You are most welcome.....Enjoy your trip:)

Hmm - I am thinking that these maps only show a VERY approximate stopping position - for example, the Mall of the Emirates is a huge place with roads all the way around it, so unless the bus stops right in the middle of the mall as per the map :), it isn't very helpful :(. It will be 40+ when we are there so I am REALLY trying to find the exact stopping places.

EDIT - aha!!! If you click on the "enlarge" button on the map, the enlarged map then gives you 3 options to select for whichever route you want - selecting one of these gives information about where the stops actually are.

Some stops have a kiosk which is attended. Others you can flag the bus down at the approximate location. As far as the malls are concerned, if you arrive by taxi, ask at the information booth. If you are transferring just look for the next color route at the same location. Dubai Mall and Mall of Emirates are a little more complicated.

Enjoy

Dave