On board Seabourn Encore: First Impressions!

markham

Aha!

I got your attention! So... who will be the plucky guest embarking Encore in the next few minutes to post his or her first impressions?!?!

Of course, everyone is very excited to see where the rubber meets the road. Now it's up to you! f only we were there...

That said, we are on Sojourn in Doha and we left Athens a little over 2 weeks ago, just as you will in a few hours. We are en route to Dubai where we will disembark tomorrow. Ours is largely the same itinerary as you will follow.

So on behalf of all our - and your - friends on Sojourn we wish you a bon voyage. Please let us hear from you.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Joc123 - I think you are right about the excitement. I suspect the difference is that fans of the little ships were a bit doubtful about the size of Odyssey, and then of course Sojourn and Quest were just repeats. Encore is something new, but not so different from the existing ones which we have come to know and generally love.

Perhaps we should give the folks on board a bit of time to take it all in before expecting them to go online on our behalf! There is a sea day soon, and then several more later, so I feel sure we will be getting lots of info then. One thing I look forward to hearing about is whether the new TK grill is only open in the evenings - it looks on the plan to be quite a sizeable venue, with a good outside area, and it would seem a shame if it is only open for dinner.

You will be sailing off in about 2 or 3 hours - bon voyage to all staff and passengers.

Aha!

I got your attention! So... who will be the plucky guest embarking Encore in the next few minutes to post his or her first impressions?!?!

Of course, everyone is very excited to see where the rubber meets the road. Now it's up to you! f only we were there...

That said, we are on Sojourn in Doha and we left Athens a little over 2 weeks ago, just as you will in a few hours. We are en route to Dubai where we will disembark tomorrow. Ours is largely the same itinerary as you will follow.

So on behalf of all our - and your - friends on Sojourn we wish you a bon voyage. Please let us hear from you.

Happy and healthy sailing!

You are very bad markham! :D

We are looking forward to catching up soon.

Julie

Met a fellow here in Fl that took a private tour in Aqaba off one of Seabourn's sister ships (HA) two years ago and the five of them were kidnapped! He thinks a ransom was paid and the ship waited for them to be released and then sped out of port without a pilot. We have been there a couple of times, once on an extended land based trip and later on the Seabourn Sojourn in 2014 and found the city safe and interesting, so very surprised to hear about this guy's experience.

This thread should be combined with the other Encore initial impressions thread so that we do not have to look at both. Is there someone out there who can do this.

Yes, please. If those on board would like to join in to do one thread between them it would be good. And the dress code should be in with the general dress code, if it needs to be in at all. Please.:)

Yes, please. If those on board would like to join in to do one thread between them it would be good. And the dress code should be in with the general dress code, if it needs to be in at all. Please.:)

We can e-mail Host Dan but I am sure he will read this thread. It would be easier to merge the threads or we will have multiple postings to look for.

Met a fellow here in Fl that took a private tour in Aqaba off one of Seabourn's sister ships (HA) two years ago and the five of them were kidnapped! He thinks a ransom was paid and the ship waited for them to be released and then sped out of port without a pilot. We have been there a couple of times, once on an extended land based trip and later on the Seabourn Sojourn in 2014 and found the city safe and interesting, so very surprised to hear about this guy's experience.

Thats a bit scary to say the least. Understandably its been kept as quiet as possible, but I have always been worried about the safety of this route through Suez although I would love to do it. Its much the same as the Piracy off the Philippines which is never mentioned here but has been on the news of late. I will be avoiding those cruises as well.