Divina Questions

dexddd

Ok, I know, I'm being a bit lazy but trying to save some time in finding out. I even looked through Gambee's review for some items and that might have caused some confusion for me.

If you are in the YC, I thought I saw some mention of a change where you could get drinks at all locations at some point - when is that set to happen? Is water included?

How does MSC handle booking of rooms - i.e. can a 22, 18, and 14 y/o stay in a room or do they need to have one of us older folks?

So it appears some venues charge like the sports bar for food? That seems odd as even chepo NCL includes the sports bar food for free.

YC2 and YC1 rooms vary in size - does anyone have a listing with the sizes?

Is it just me or does it seem like they've been building the Seaside forever?

We cruised on the Divina and it was a wonderful boat. As Americans, it was definitely a cultural experience. Americans are the minority on the boat, even though it's a US home port. We heard many different languages spoken on board. It was good for our kids to experience the array of cultures.

I do not know about the yacht club. A 22, 18 & 14 yo should be just fine in a room.

When we were on 2 years ago, the sports bar was a la carte, but sounds like that may have changed.

The dining experience is much different than NCL, Carnival etc. very European. Meals come out in defined separate courses. You never feel rushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, I know, I'm being a bit lazy but trying to save some time in finding out. I even looked through Gambee's review for some items and that might have caused some confusion for me.

If you are in the YC, I thought I saw some mention of a change where you could get drinks at all locations at some point - when is that set to happen? Is water included?

It goes ship wide in summer 2017 which probably means April or May 2017

How does MSC handle booking of rooms - i.e. can a 22, 18, and 14 y/o stay in a room or do they need to have one of us older folks?

Yes the 22y/o is an adult and can share with the 18y/o and 14 y/o with out another adult

So it appears some venues charge like the sports bar for food? That seems odd as even chepo NCL includes the sports bar food for free.

The sports bar food is now complimentary

The larger YC1 cabins are 15028/29/308/31 and 16032/33/34/35 along with the 2 "H" cabins 16005/6

The standard YC1 cabins are 280 sq ft

The larger cabins are about 420 sq ft and are usually sold to guests who share having 3 per cabin,. It is possible to be allocated one of these cabins as a couple and then get moved to allow a 3 sharing group to have it.

The YC2 cabins (3 of them) are all on deck 12 and don't have balconies, 12001and 12004 are 570 sq 12002 is 484 sq ft.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

OMG, I'm in love.... I'll just dine in the sports bar, they have all my/our favourites... :p

Thanks for posting the menu, looks really good.

Cheers,

I was thinking the same thing!! Who needs the MDRs when you have the sports bar food?! Amazing selection!!

Is there an age limit to who can visit the sports bar? (We are DCL cruisers and the sports bar is family-friendly 'til 9pm when it becomes adult-only.)

Take Gambee's review with a grain of salt because his mother fell by the pool area and he did not like how they handled it. Also when you give the Carnival Victory a higher grade then the Divina there is something wrong.

New Sports Bar menus... all complimentary.

30598151854_6e5f6d34bc_k.jpg31383569656_ffe7e9712b_k.jpg

Thanks for the info and menu pic. Did you do one of your fabulous picture reviews of Divina as it looks like you just sailed?

Edited by dexddd

Take Gambee's review with a grain of salt because his mother fell by the pool area and he did not like how they handled it. Also when you give the Carnival Victory a higher grade then the Divina there is something wrong.

I was wondering a bit about the rating. I didn't read every chapter but did wonder about some of the rankings. He did give the ship a 10/10 as I recall but didn't seem to like the food other than the pizza.

Did you do one of your fabulous picture reviews of Divina as it looks like you just sailed?

Aww, thanks. Yes, we sailed 10/29... fabulous trip.

Thumbs up...and, daresay, YC tops the Haven in almost every respect.

I have most of my pictures staged...and promise to do a review