Cloud missing from the Website?

MillieRyan08

Greetings all, I was just wondering whether anyone has noticed that all cruises for the Cloud from end June to end August 2016 are missing from the website. I have a cruise booked (Venice to Rome - ) and it has disappeared. I called Silversea rep who advised "there must be a glitch, check it in a few days". Well a week later my cruise is still not there. Has this happened before does anyone know? Should I be concerned?

Thanks, Millie

Interesting. I wonder if it is a long and extensive drydock. Given the fact that Silversea is adding a number of inclusions to its Wind Mediterranean voyages this summer, one might infer that Med voyages do not sell well or yield well. So, perhaps they will use some of that time for drydock. It would appear that the Cloud will have its first September cruise departing Monaco, which I believe is the home of the owners. So perhaps there will be one or more private cruises after the drydock. All of this is purely speculative and may very well be dead wrong.

Thanks Observer for your response. Much appreciated. I tend to agree with your way of thinking. From my side of things and if this were the case that indeed the Cloud will be in drydock, when would they notify the potential passenger, me, know about it? I have left a sizeable deposit, not that I am worried about getting it back, but I would be hugely disappointed. This was to be my second cruise, and the first on Silversea. I picked the cruise solely for the itinerary and it is still is the best itinerary on offer at the time I have to go. So if Cloud is in drydock, there goes my dream cruise/itinerary. Fingers crossed we are wrong!

Cheers, Millie

Greetings all, I was just wondering whether anyone has noticed that all cruises for the Cloud from end June to end August 2016 are missing from the website. I have a cruise booked (Venice to Rome - ) and it has disappeared. I called Silversea rep who advised "there must be a glitch, check it in a few days". Well a week later my cruise is still not there. Has this happened before does anyone know? Should I be concerned? Thanks, Millie

From both duct tape and Observer, they have offered some good, educated guesses. From our discussions with the Hotel Director on the Silver Cloud earlier this year in January and February, we learned that between Oct. 20 and Nov. 10, 2015, this ship will have a major dry dock. Much of the focus will be on the "back of the house" areas, including for the staff areas of the ship. BUT, one of the biggest things to notice will be a total replacement of all teak wood decking around on the Silver Cloud. It's needed!! First time since the ship was built 20 years ago to do that fix/change. That wood can only be sanded down so many times. This fall, there will also be other upgrades, including carpets, other soft goods, etc.

For another dry dock to be done in the July 7 through Sept. 16, 2016, period, that would seem to leave too big of a "hole" in the schedule. After this fall's dry dock, it does not seem to be like there would be a need to take the ship out of service for that long to do more such heavy-duty work. The potential to do Med summer charters seems to be a very good probable option.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 23,111 views for these postings.

Thanks Terry, I was hoping you would buy in. If in fact the Cloud is out of service during that period, when would the already booked passengers be officially notified by Silversea? The period between July and September is still selling on all other websites, but not the Silversea Website.

We are booked for 2 B2B on Cloud in Sept 16 and our Agent has so far been unable to prise out the true position from Silversea - first told the ship was fully booked ( very unlikely as there had been space in all categories one week earlier ?? ), other than a Charter, and then told that there is likely to be an Itinerary change ( No details ). My Agent will be on the case this week.

Silversea seem to be the worst Line for producing a Schedule, then substantially changing it when loyal Guests have booked early to achieve the best price and Suite. The 2016 Voyage Collection in now merely a work of Fiction compared to the Cruises that are actually operating.

I will update when I receive any further information - maybe some time !!!!

Thanks Mayflower for the update. I have not heard anything and I have booked direct with Silversea. The rep cannot tell me anything other than "well it (the Cloud) hasn't disappeared off the planet"! A bit flippant I thought and I am almost tempted to cancel this cruise and go elsewhere. Be interested to hear an update from you Mayflower when your TA gets back to you. What happens if they change the itinerary to the one you had already chosen? I chose my cruise solely for the itinerary.

Cheers, Millie

We are booked for 2 B2B on Cloud in Sept 16 and our Agent has so far been unable to prise out the true position from Silversea - first told the ship was fully booked ( very unlikely as there had been space in all categories one week earlier ?? ), other than a Charter, and then told that there is likely to be an Itinerary change ( No details ). My Agent will be on the case this week.

Silversea seem to be the worst Line for producing a Schedule, then substantially changing it when loyal Guests have booked early to achieve the best price and Suite. The 2016 Voyage Collection in now merely a work of Fiction compared to the Cruises that are actually operating.

Hope you are both well and our Wind b2b cruises commencing 22 June 2016 do not go the same way.We were looking at a favourite Med cruise commencing 10 October 2016 on the Wind only to pick up today's Daily Mail to find a full page advert for this cruise described as a charter cruise which results in another cancellation due to Charters,never mind we keep searching.It would be helpful if SS designated charter cruises so clients can avoid them.

Good Morning Brimary - we too hope that you are both enjoying life in spite of the frustrations attached to trying to get on to a Silversea Cruise !!!!. I hope that your finger slipped when dating the June 2016 Wind Cruise - I believe it to be the 27th ( unless you know something I don't !!! ).

No news to report regarding the Sept 2016 Cloud Cruise - my Agent is getting the same run around as usual. The Oct 2016 Wind Cruise you mention wont be regarded as a Charter by Silversea ( ? ) as its a ' Readers Offer ' which only adds to the confusion.

I hope that we catch up with you both before 2016 - we are off to The Wind on 29 June and again on 1st Sept ( I am told Gianni should be on board ? ).

All the best and have fun.

Good Morning Brimary - we too hope that you are both enjoying life in spite of the frustrations attached to trying to get on to a Silversea Cruise !!!!. I hope that your finger slipped when dating the June 2016 Wind Cruise - I believe it to be the 27th ( unless you know something I don't !!! ).

No news to report regarding the Sept 2016 Cloud Cruise - my Agent is getting the same run around as usual. The Oct 2016 Wind Cruise you mention wont be regarded as a Charter by Silversea ( ? ) as its a ' Readers Offer ' which only adds to the confusion.

I hope that we catch up with you both before 2016 - we are off to The Wind on 29 June and again on 1st Sept ( I am told Gianni should be on board ? ).

All the best and have fun.

Sorry Mayflower finger slipped it should be 27/6/16,look forward to that as our 2015 plans don't coincide unfortunately.Pass on our best wishes to Gianni who has not been in the best of health .Hope he is fully recovered and you enjoy his excellent hospitality on your upcoming Wind cruises.Look forward to an update on the Wind which we have not been on for about 10 years.Have fun!

I was about to book the Sept. 16th cruise but noticed that the stops in Spain before Barcelona seem different than what was previously listed. I am now fearful that they would change even more stops or if it's a Charter then who knows…hmmmmmmmm……we were thinking about spending a week in Paris before heading to Monte Carlo so it's all intertwined….hmmmmmmmm….

Regrettably no News as yet.

My Agent has spoken to the Head of UK Sales who purports to be also frustrated with the lack of information coming out of both the US and Monte Carlo, as Sales are having to be turned aside. My Agent will not give up so hopefully more pressure will be applied this coming week. What a way to run an operation ? Its such a shame that the Staff on board have to work so hard to overcome the problems experienced by Guests dealing with the on shore staff.

Update - I am given to understand that The Cloud has been chartered for The Olympics in Rio and this is therefore affecting the Cruises missing from the 2016 Schedule.

I am awaiting more information regarding my particular Cruises and I will update again as soon as possible.

Appreciate the update Mayflower. The Olympic Games are from August 5 to 21, so I wonder why the Cloud would be out of action from end June to mid September? I am reluctant to pull the pin on my cruise (25% deposit paid) only because I'm still in disbelief that it may be cancelled. Since I have booked direct with Silversea, I also wonder when they would have the decency to tell me?

Millie

Good morning MillieRyan08 - I too am somewhat surprised at the timespan of cancellations but imagine that they will have to make some rearrangements for the Olympic Charters as well as getting the ship to/from Rio.

I am told that the first Cruise after the Charter will be departing Lisbon on 6th Sept ( awaiting an itinerary ??? ) if this helps your planning. I am currently looking at 2 of my 3 Cruises being cancelled, so am not that happy - however have come to expect this of Silversea over the years.

My Agent is discussing options with Silversea but as Wind & Spirit are already subject to Cruise variations ( to what is shown in the 2016 Voyage Collection ) at that time, moving to another ship is a challenge !!!!!

Best of luck with your Plans - I will update with any further information when known.

Thanks so much Mayflower. My cruise has been confirmed for July 2016 with 25% deposit already being paid. I have not been told anything. I assume I would be offered a full refund? I have not cancelled in case something happens., although this is not looking likely based on the cloud being a charter. If I say nothing, I wonder how long I have to wait to be officially informed? I just don't know what to do....I booked my cruise as soon as the 2016 itineraries were released, I was that excited. I just hope there is a similar itinerary with another company.....

Any advice?

Much appreciative of this info.

Millie

It may be worth hanging on for a bit. If I recall, the Cloud had a similar gap in summer 2012 in anticipation of a charter for the London Olympics, but that must have fallen through with about 12 months to go, and all the planned cruises were reinstated (and were discounted).

Mayflower,sorry to hear of your problems with charters for the Olympics.Dont SS know the Games occur every 4 years? They should honour their commitments rather than seek a quick profit on a charter.Yet another example of SS management failing loyal clients.They should learn about service to clients from their own wonderful staff on board their ships!!