Silver Cloud Copenhagen to Tower Bridge July 7, voyage 1519

spinnaker2

i am starting this new thread for the upcoming cruise on the Cloud on July 7.

Hope others who will be onboard will post as well.

I have already had airline issues before even leaving! Apparently Delta and Virgin Atlantic are not as friendly as portrayed. Since one of the legs of our travels is on Virgin we need their cooperation. They refuse to cooperate and since Delta initiated the trip, they say Delta needs to fix it. After hours on the phone with both airlines yesterday, I was told everything would be fixed by 6 pm, EST. it ain't so. It's still incorrect as of this day at 8 am. Shortly, I will embark on my phone mission of the day. I am getting fueled by espresso.

Looking at DrRon, duct tape and stumble foots posts it looks chilly on more than one front, but they are far more north than we will be. I hope we won't have issues getting off the ship in St Petersburg.

We will arrive a day early in Copenhagen. Looking forward to decompressing and then revving our engines for the next week plus.

Hope your airline issue gets resolved today so that you can concentrate on getting ready for the trip. It does look cold from drron's pictures, but he is far north. When we went on our Norway cruise and got that far north, it was quite cold, but it was warm and sunny in Copenhagen and further south in Norway.

Thanks Rachel.

The airline snafu just resolved. The essence was that the ticket was issued with two i's as a middle initial instead of one, for my husband. When I saw the confirmation with the error last April I immediately called delta who told me not to worry about it and they would notate the file. They could fix the domestic ticket but not the international travel ticket on a different airline. This would mean the ticket would not match the passport. Since several legs of the journey are on different airlines, I was worried, after all this is international travel and a time of very heightened security. Nevertheless, I blithely accepted what delta told me.

Since I awoke the other night worried about it, I decided to contact Virgin, who told me the ticket had to be corrected, they could not do it because delta was the issuing airline. I then called delta, who kept me on hold forever, and told me it would cost 50 dollars to change the name to the correct one. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was told it was Virgin who was charging this fee. Since these tickets are ridiculously expensive, I was miffed as it was delta's error to begin with. But I can't quibble at this point because I know I leave on Sunday.

So I pay the money. I am sent a confirmation all is changed.

I then contact Virgin again, they tell me the change has not come through and i must contact delta immediately to have them expedite the change as the travel starts on Sunday and I am at risk of losing my seats. So back on phone with delta, and again i am assured ( note the first three letters of that word) all has been sent to Virgin, via email, twice. So back to Virgin, a very nasty lady tells me that Virgin does not accept emails from another airline and that Delta must call them. I ask her who should Delta call and I ask for that number or a person's contact info. I am then told by ms nasty, that delta will know who to call. I tell her obviously not, as they thought email would suffice, but she tells me to have a nice day and again, I will lose my seats. So back on the phone with delta. I explain what has transpired, all over again, because as you know, you don't get the same rep everytime. The Delta rep is flabbergasted,says she has ever heard of another airline not responding

to the internal system shared by all airlines, including Aeroflot. So more holding, and then I am told that a real person at delta has spoken to a real person at Virgin, and all will be fixed by six pm, last night.

And as I posted it wasn't. So it began again.

Anyway it's done now. I have my seats and tickets are correct.

Life lesson learned.

So the OIG is investigating the airlines for possible collusion over capacity discipline.

delta and virgin are in an alliance yet they don't communicate.

The pax again is the loser.

I should never have accepted what I was told back in April by Delta and relied to my detriment.

rant over.

Let the vacation begin!

I am getting a headache just from reading your post. You should not have had to pay money to fix what was clearly their error. I have had a similar problem with airline tickets as they will spell my name "Rachael". Now I have never spelled my name that way, I have never typed it on any for, that way, but I have had tickets issued that way. Fortunately, I have always been able to get it fixed without much fuss.

Candy/Larry..Fair winds & following seas on you upcoming Cloud voyage. In our view, no more majestic cruise scenery than sailing under the Tower Bridge--enjoy and we look fwd to more Copenhagen to Tower Bridge reports (sorry 4 y'alls airline challenge)

Wow, what a frustrating experience with customer service (not)... you will probably be needing to sleep with your psychiatrist now!!

You and Larro have a great experience in northern Europe.

We're just back from the Viking Star in that area and only needed a fleece vest and something for the wind now and then.

SPG was spectacular, one of the best ports ever... we saw most everything, from the Peterhof to the subways, with a private 2 day tour for just 8 of us. We had no problems or delays at passport control, with plenty of staffing for our smaller ship. I really thought they were trying harder to be good to the tourists!

Lastly, Tallinn will be a very pleasant surprise for you... it certainly was for us.

As Wes says... we also wish you fair winds, following seas... but also smooth flights and easy layovers.

Looking for some great sea mail,

Steve & Barb

Well we are keeping the Cloud in good shape for you.The crew are continually sprucing it up just for you.

As to weather we had cold weather in Helsinki,sweden and Copenhagen.It was their coldest June for over 60 years.Fortunately it has warmed up.Forecast for Copenhagen-71 on the 6th,72 on the 7th.

I am sure you are going to enjoy.

Just posted but it evaporated.

we are in Detroit.

first flight uneventful.

Next flight delayed by an hour.

this will impact our getting to our next connection in Amsterdam.

So glad we have built in extra time for such events.

Just posted but it evaporated.

we are in Detroit.

first flight uneventful.

Next flight delayed by an hour.

this will impact our getting to our next connection in Amsterdam.

So glad we have built in extra time for such events.

Motown! :D

Happy travels to Amsterdam!

Jeff

Good morning all. We arrived in Copenhagen yesterday, tired and bedraggled. Our luggage, all of it, did not arrive.

So if we were going on a nudist cruise, everything would be perfect.

As of this time we still have no luggage, although we have been told that the airline, KLM, has located it. Last night we were told they had only found two of the bags. We were also told that the luggage was going to be put on a plane this morning to Copenhagen. So far, no word.

we will keep you posted!

Good Morning Spins ... so not so "Wondeful wonderful Copenhagen then ....:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24SPhbpeAzE

I hope some of your luggage arrives at least ... and that you took note of my advice to musty to split both your stuff between each of your cases and bags so at least you'll have some stuff for you both to go on with.

Hope it all turns up.

Jeff

Still no bags.

All four are in ether.

We are going to ship to embark.

All possible people and corporate reps have been contacted multiple times.

Claims registered.

Just want to get aboard at this point.

:-)

Another hoping that your bags turn up before sail away.

European airlines seem to have no clue when bags are lost.

Maybe get someone to ring unclaimed baggage at Copenhagen airport-that's what BA did to our bags when they were forwarding supposedly on to us.

Have a great voyage! The crew were magical on our journey and I know they are prepared to provide you the same. Sergio is your Maitre D in the Restaurant, Rummel in Terrazza, and Joy in Champagne. Rama and the ever delightful, AnnaLiza, are your sommeliers. If you can secure Ricardo as your server in La Terrazza, you will be well taken care of. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still no bags.

All four are in ether.

Claims registered.

Remain stoic Spins. I guess this might have been related to tight connections?

Become a disciple of Neal Desperandum.

Have a good cruise and enjoy lovely London at the end of it all.

Jeff

Do hope your bags turn up soon. The only time we lost luggage was with KLM, funnily enough, many years ago. One bag went to Accra (ACC) not to Anchorage (ANC) and was brought overland to the ship in Seward. KLM were good enough to tell us to buy what we needed in Anchorage, as we had one night on shore before boarding. The only shop was JC Penneys, so it was hard to find evening skirts and small enough underwear! (And I am not particularly small!)

Seriously, very best wishes for the successful retrieval of your belongings soon. LL

Still no bags.

All four are in ether.

Claims registered.

Spinnaker, if you need to get stuff quickly there is a small department store in the City of London, House of Fraser, by London Bridge,not too far from Tower Bridge

8 King William St, London EC4N 7HR

Phone:0844 800 3718

Hours: Open today · 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

or

New Change, a small shopping centre of individual shops on Cheapside, just by St Paul's Cathedral

New Change, London EC4M 9AF

Good luck, it is a nightmare of mine to have luggage go missing.

Rp

Spinnaker, if you need to get stuff quickly there is a small department store in the City of London, House of Fraser, by London Bridge,not too far from Tower Bridge

8 King William St, London EC4N 7HR

Phone:0844 800 3718

or

New Change, a small shopping centre of individual shops on Cheapside, just by St Paul's Cathedral

New Change, London EC4M 9AF

Good luck, it is a nightmare of mine to have luggage go missing.

Rp

I think she would like stuff at the start of her cruise rather than the end ....

Jeff