Thanksgiving

popper

Hi popper--

I had to look up in my Tripit because I thought it was more recent but it was 2011 Thanksgiving on SD II.

To my recollection there was an 11 year old and an 18 year old. I do not remember other children, but my memory is way west of imperfect.

I do remember that they were offering great deals on the Thanksgiving 2012 cruise when we were there. In general Thanksgiving week has been a slow one for them. I imagine many people have commitments/return to the old homestead, etc.

Of course, at any time that could change. One group on such a small ship can tip the boards, so to speak.

For us it was a wonderful week. There's nothing like being at Jost for the splash and toasting, "Here's to NOT eating leftover turkey!"

Hi popper--

I had to look up in my Tripit because I thought it was more recent but it was 2011 Thanksgiving on SD II.

To my recollection there was an 11 year old and an 18 year old. I do not remember other children, but my memory is way west of imperfect.

I do remember that they were offering great deals on the Thanksgiving 2012 cruise when we were there. In general Thanksgiving week has been a slow one for them. I imagine many people have commitments/return to the old homestead, etc.

Of course, at any time that could change. One group on such a small ship can tip the boards, so to speak.

For us it was a wonderful week. There's nothing like being at Jost for the splash and toasting, "Here's to NOT eating leftover turkey!"

Thanks for you for the info fpebbles! It looks like a great itinerary that week.

This year Thanksgiving day is scheduled to be on Anageda, hmmmm turkey or lobster?! Easy....!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on SD for Thanksgiving several years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Seem to recall it was only about half full. There was a large group with some kids or various ages but no issues with them at all. SD served an excellent traditional Thanksgiving dinner along with other delicious dinner choices.

Anyone sailed over thanksgiving with SeaDream? I assume extended families are on board at this time with a few kids? Got a good Past cruiser offer for Nov 22.....

We've completed 2 Thanksgiving cruises (2014 & 2012). Both cruises were outstanding. Both times occupancy rate was in the 90s (% not age). Can't go wrong. You'll have an outstanding time.

• 3 weeks later...
We've completed 2 Thanksgiving cruises (2014 & 2012). Both cruises were outstanding. Both times occupancy rate was in the 90s (% not age). Can't go wrong. You'll have an outstanding time.

Thanks for info

Fares even better now

Only 9 short months away....:)

• 1 month later...

We were on SDI for the past two Thanksgivings and are booked on SDII this coming Thanksgiving. Both previous voyages were oustanding. We had 86 passengers in 2013 and low/mid 90s in 2014. There were no more than 5 total kids on each of these voyages and they were very well behaved and were never an issue.

We booked on board for the 15% discount on the upcoming sailing but the fares are less now so we may cancel and rebook (and eat the cancellation penalty)...

We were on SDI for the past two Thanksgivings and are booked on SDII this coming Thanksgiving. Both previous voyages were oustanding. We had 86 passengers in 2013 and low/mid 90s in 2014. There were no more than 5 total kids on each of these voyages and they were very well behaved and were never an issue.

We booked on board for the 15% discount on the upcoming sailing but the fares are less now so we may cancel and rebook (and eat the cancellation penalty)...

Thanks! We saw a Club/past cruiser offer that was significant savings over current list too - couldn't pass it up but wonder if it will drive to full capacity. Don't mind either way - will be a great trip.

We used to live in Doylestown and NWales in Bucks Co - hope to meet you on board :)

Thanks! We saw a Club/past cruiser offer that was significant savings over current list too - couldn't pass it up but wonder if it will drive to full capacity. Don't mind either way - will be a great trip.

We used to live in Doylestown and NWales in Bucks Co - hope to meet you on board :)

Hi Popper. Nice to meet you! We live ~10 minutes from Doylestown and work near North Wales. Small world! I'm sure we will meet you on board and probably from time to time at the TOY bar. :-)