Deck plans symbol legend ~ what does no symbol mean?

momofzeke

In looking at the deck plans for balcony cabins on the Freedom (and all the Carnival ships), I know that a star means 2 Twin Beds (convert to King) and Single Convertible Sofa; one dot means 2 Twin Beds (convert to King) and 1 Upper; etc.

What I'm wondering is, what about the cabins that do not have any type of symbol? Do they still have the sofa? If not, what is there instead? Are they laid out differently?

We've had 1 inside cabin, 2 oceanview and 1 balcony. The layout of the oceanview and balcony cabins was identical, with the sofa. I really like that sofa.

I know I want a balcony cabin on the Freedom, I'm just trying to decide between 8A, 8B or 8C. Any opinions would be welcome! :)

~ means your cabin is under water.

YAY! I've always wanted to cruise in a submarine! ;)

My title ended up being confusing. I meant "symbol legend".....not the ship Legend. Although it really doesn't matter, because I think the symbols are all the same regardless of the ship. :p

I think no symbol means twins convertible to a king. No sleeper couches, no bunks, no non-convertible beds. All the symbols correspond to additional sleeping space over the 2 twin basic deal (bunks/couch) or they indicate rooms where the twins do not convert into a king. The only type of setup with no symbol to indicate which rooms have that setup is the 2 twins that can convert to a king. :)

So, if there is no sofa, what is in the space where the sofa usually is? When we had our inside cabin, we had no sofa....instead there was a semi-padded chair. Not very comfortable. Is that what we would get instead of the sofa? :eek:

It depends on the class of ship. If your OV on Freedom had a couch, the balcony will, too. It just won't be a convertible sofa. On Fantasy class ships, inside cabins do not have couchs. Thye symbols only reflect EXTRA bed availability. EM

Cabins 8A 8B & 8C :Don the Freedom are balcony cabins which come with a regular sofa and two twin beds that can be made up as one king bed.

That is a sweeping generalization that is not necessarily accurate.

I will be on the Freedom.

The OV cabins we have had were identical to the balcony cabin we had on the Spirit. So far I've had 3 cabins that all looked alike. They all had the sofa.

1 - 6A OV on Miracle (spirit class)

1 - 6B OV on Valor (conquest class)

1 - 8B balcony on Spirit (spirit class)

Thanks for that link, Tenga...I'll go check it out.

You can always check out a specific stateroom's contents on the bookccl site:

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/

Wow! I've been missing out...I've seen the link before, but never checked it out. Fantastic! Thanks so much. I have learned that all the cabins I am considering on the Freedom have the sofa, so that is awesome.

Just out of curiosity, I went back and checked the deck plans for the Valor, Miracle and Spirit. The cabins we had on the Valor and the Miracle do not have the *star* symbol on the deck plans...but they did still have the sofa. Thanks to everyone for clearing that up for me. Just because the cabin does not have the star on the deck plans, it doesn't mean there isn't a sofa in it. I learned some new things today on CC! :D

Wow! I've been missing out...I've seen the link before, but never checked it out. Fantastic! Thanks so much. I have learned that all the cabins I am considering on the Freedom have the sofa, so that is awesome.

Just out of curiosity, I went back and checked the deck plans for the Valor, Miracle and Spirit. The cabins we had on the Valor and the Miracle do not have the *star* symbol on the deck plans...but they did still have the sofa. Thanks to everyone for clearing that up for me. Just because the cabin does not have the star on the deck plans, it doesn't mean there isn't a sofa in it. I learned some new things today on CC! :D

Yeah, when I posted that link I double checked myself and there is obviously a difference between a sofa and a sleeper sofa....the sleeper will get you the star on the Carnival site, but the sofa won't....however, the bookccl site will specify if the couch is a sleeper or not.... I had a similar question to your's a while ago about the symbols because I didn't know if my next stateroom had beds that would convert or not, no symbol at all on Carnival's site, but bookccl cleared it up that they do :)

Archived