Benefits of Spa Suite

STLCRUISIN

Hi everyone, We are booked in a spa suite this January on the Quest and have a couple questions for those who have stayed in one of these suites:

1- For the Nights in Private Places do you book that onboard or before the cruise? It seems some/most people liked it but we're not sure if we would.

2- Are the "Healthy Snacks" provided in the afternoon better than just something like carrots and celery sticks? :)

Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone, We are booked in a spa suite this January on the Quest and have a couple questions for those who have stayed in one of these suites:

1- For the Nights in Private Places do you book that onboard or before the cruise? It seems some/most people liked it but we're not sure if we would.

2- Are the "Healthy Snacks" provided in the afternoon better than just something like carrots and celery sticks? :)

Thanks for your help.

1. i did not use it as i was traveling alone

2. boring snacks- tried once..

3. use the LR tapas instead or get shrimp- huge ones- like dinner for me

1. i did not use it as i was traveling alone

2. boring snacks- tried once..

3. use the LR tapas instead or get shrimp- huge ones- like dinner for me

1. The butler gave us available dates to choose from when he introduced himself in the cabin and persuaded us to use it as we weren't quite sure about it.

2. The snacks were different, very healthy not sure you need them when you're not exactly going to starve. Still a nice touch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just remembered I had a photo of one of the snacks, helps give you an idea of what was served. f68c0fbb00fe5dbfc2c3a0b5fe6198ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting - as you say maybe you do not need them but they do look lovely

Thanks everyone for your replies!! So we will go for the Private Places benefit and make arrangements when onboard. Like I said we're not too sure about it but we may as well try it out....who knows we may like it.

And thanks for the pic of the afternoon snack. It looks very interesting and is a lovely presentation and you're right, we certainly won't starve. We generally have a light breakfast and light lunch and eat dinner late so we usually need something in between lunch and dinner to hold us over. This looks like it will work just fine or we can swing by the Living Room as Robin suggested.

Many thanks “brokeville” for posting pictures of the afternoon “snack” which of course reminded us of our Spa Suite wonderful experience on The Journey earlier this year.

We too have a couple of pictures showing alternative offerings which we thought were delightful and would like to share, but we have had problems in the past in attaching our pictures held on our PC to our Forum contribution. See our last post “Halloween on the Quest” and our dismal attempt in attaching pictures. Some of the pics were upside down and all were cropped substantially which spoilt the result.

As Bonnie too is unsure how to master the vagaries of the transfer process which you have mastered with great effect, can you please explain to those of us who would benefit from your wisdom in this respect as we are sure this would be greatly appreciated by many of us?

David and Julia

We too have a couple of pictures showing alternative offerings which we thought were delightful and would like to share, but we have had problems in the past in attaching our pictures held on our PC to our Forum contribution. See our last post “Halloween on the Quest” and our dismal attempt in attaching pictures. Some of the pics were upside down and all were cropped substantially which spoilt the result.

You need to sign up to a photo hosting site like photobucket or smugmug (there are others to Google). You will then be able to post photos to your hosting site and link your pictures here with the appropriate code. The Cruise Critic attachments link is not very successful as the thumbnails are very small. Here is a thread from the "Help" forum that explains it. If you do it correctly your photos should appear as below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741

image_zpsul2wgasq.jpeg

Edited by excitedofharpenden