Would you be comfortable with...

florisdekort

I mean, just today:

"Remember, if you want the roll call documents, you MUST give me your email address."

Yes, he/she capitalized "MUST".

What's suddenly wrong with posting on Cruise Critic as opposed to one person monopolizing information and distributing it?

Anyway, yes, Laura is on it. Really moving on now :)

Floris

I hope you enjoy the cruise, whatever happens with the roll call.

Floris: No, not comfortable. Willing to provide our first names, where we are from (already on my CC name) and a little about travel plans connected with the cruise/crossing. Other info to be revealed if and when we connect on board. And really not interested in being solicited by a TA since we are very happy with our current TA. Thanks for asking Floris, good topic.

I totally agree with Floris on this. I had exactly the same experience on another (Celebrity) roll call where one person took it upon themselves to be the 'keeper of the roll call' and asked for lots of information and only shared information to those who were signed up via email address. (I wonder if it's the same person :confused:)

It's true that members only have to supply what they wish to these type of spreadsheets but some prefer just to keep it simple and actually on these boards rather than in the hands of a 'super organiser' who takes it upon themselves to organise everything offsite.

Edited by Bobal

The "commotion" as you unnecessarily call it is partially privacy and partially the fact that the information isn't captured on the roll call but on a third party website from a travel professional who asks for a lot more than the usual name and where you're from, specifically hotel information, cruising history, contact information, etc. The last time I checked promoting travel professionals or travel professionals promoting themselves was against forum rules. And if I was Azamara, I wouldn't want a travel professional soliciting my customers' information in such a way either.

Anyway, Laura responded a few posts back that she is looking into it and whatever she decides / does, I'm sure it will be the right outcome. Moving on :)

Floris

+

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

YOU JUST DON'T GET IT DO YOU!!! THE PERSON IS NOT A TRAVEL PROFESSIONAL!!!! GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEAD!!! The email as she has explained multiple times is one she uses when she is doing her own PERSONAL not professional PERSONAL travel communications with other CC members. What part of that don't you get!!! It sounds like you just want to keep stirring your pot here.

And this person is not asking for more than usual. I looked at the form and it is looking for less than my last cruise by 50%. And you don't have to enter the data, leave it blank, or just don't signup. What is the real problem that you have here? JUST DON'T SIGNUP!!!!

I would hate to just have my info "captured"on the board. The only private info on the CC board I am comfortable with is a first name and CC name. All the rest is on a private spreadsheet where I like it.

And if you don't want to organize offsite as the other person mentioned, just put all your info on the CC page where everyone can see it.

I mean, just today:

"Remember, if you want the roll call documents, you MUST give me your email address."

Yes, he/she capitalized "MUST".

What's suddenly wrong with posting on Cruise Critic as opposed to one person monopolizing information and distributing it?

Anyway, yes, Laura is on it. Really moving on now :)

Floris

This whole segment is about having to share private info, but you don't want to provide an email so you can get the info. So if I understand it correctly, you want all the private info shared on the CC website. I just don't get it. You can't have it both ways.

I would be much more comfortable sharing my email with just those participating in a roll call than on the board where anyone could get it. Done it before with no problems. What the person is asking for is by no means out of line or what a travel agent would ask for.

I'm certain most people do this, but I create a separate email for such occasions to protect the integrity of the one we use for family etc.

I can certainly understand how it's best to keep the personal address private.

I have seen a couple of times that the organizers of threads have asked for a lot of information. Sometimes I tought that maybe somebody appointed by the cruise line was behind. I have only given the information I wanted to give. To my opinion the OP has exagerated in her reaction, reporting something, assuming not only second intentions behind but something which should not take place.

The "commotion" as you unnecessarily call it is partially privacy and partially the fact that the information isn't captured on the roll call but on a third party website from a travel professional who asks for a lot more than the usual name and where you're from, specifically hotel information, cruising history, contact information, etc. The last time I checked promoting travel professionals or travel professionals promoting themselves was against forum rules. And if I was Azamara, I wouldn't want a travel professional soliciting my customers' information in such a way either.

Anyway, Laura responded a few posts back that she is looking into it and whatever she decides / does, I'm sure it will be the right outcome. Moving on :)

Florid

DK Travel is not in anyway related to a travel agency, it is the name they used for Cruise Critic and was accepted at the time they registered. I have no idea why you are so bothered, we rollcall members only provide information we are comfortable. Are you travelling on this cruise, if so don't provide anything you are not comfortable with and please fact check first.

We have shared some of that info in the case where we are on a private shore excursion with people on the roll call. I don't mind sharing email, room number or CC name. I would not share any info about a hotel I may be in or anything specific about where I live. Its useful to be able to contact tour organizers (or participants if you are the organizer) in the event something changes.

• 2 months later...

If I were so suspicious of the intentions of the person organizing the Roll Call, I wouldn't participate in it.

I've been grateful in the past to the wonderful people who have spent time and energy creating spreadsheets to keep track of multiple activities. They certainly added to our enjoyment of our cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If I were so suspicious of the intentions of the person organizing the Roll Call, I wouldn't participate in it.

I've been grateful in the past to the wonderful people who have spent time and energy creating spreadsheets to keep track of multiple activities. They certainly added to our enjoyment of our cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can second that. Last March besides making some new friends, we saved nearly $1000 on tours due to the efforts of these organizers.